Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Spreece wrote: »
    Anyone who wants notes (free of charge) just DM me your email address. They’re fairly condensed but they got me through all 8 exams in one year. Various sources, I bought them from some “character” from this forum.

My DMs have never been so busy. I’ll get around to all the requests next week. I don’t think this is the place for selling notes so I posted in response. If everyone who gets free notes for me passes on the favour then everybody wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

My DMs have never been so busy. I’ll get around to all the requests next week. I don’t think this is the place for selling notes so I posted in response. If everyone who gets free notes for me passes on the favour then everybody wins.

Fair play for being decent about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Has anyone sent payment for re-checks yet? I’m thinking about holding off til the day before the deadline in the off chance they release electronic scripts faster than normal..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Completely agree. I put up a post on reddit offering all of the exam grids/sample answers for free. I don't understand why people are charging money for these... surely just help each other out. I have Exam Grids/Sample answers up to 2019 for EU, Criminal, Tort, Property, Equity that I will also send around for free if anyone wants to message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Completely agree. I put up a post on reddit offering all of the exam grids/sample answers for free. I don't understand why people are charging money for these... surely just help each other out. I have Exam Grids/Sample answers up to 2019 for EU, Criminal, Tort, Property, Equity that I will also send around for free if anyone wants to message me.

Hey, sorry to ask. I’d say you will be getting loads of replies to this. Any chance you could send for all of those subjects ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Fe7 wrote: »
    Has anyone sent payment for re-checks yet? I’m thinking about holding off til the day before the deadline in the off chance they release electronic scripts faster than normal..

Not yet..I'm going to hold of until closer to the deadline. Hopefully they get the scripts out quicker than the usual 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

is the deadline for recheck still fri 24th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Iconic10 wrote: »
    is the deadline for recheck still fri 24th ?

"If you wish to have any failed papers re-checked, you must apply for a re-check by Friday 29 January 2021. The fee is €115 per examination script."

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Ya, it is crazy what someone was looking for for sample answers yesterday, I have given away so many materials! so I have materials too if people need them for most subjects, some of them might not be the most recent. I don't have time to be answering emails for the day but if everyone returned the favour I think everyone will eventually get sorted!

I have attached some things here.

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Get the handouts from Dr Carolan’s annual Constitutional Law Update conference if you can, best possible preparation for the exam. I went to the conference with a buddy who had failed Constitutional a few times, he got it the next time. We are both practising now.

Cheers. Just purchased the paper there from their conference yesterday. Probably the least satisfying 20 quid I ever spent, but hopefully the best.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Just purchased the paper there from their conference yesterday. Probably the least satisfying 20 quid I ever spent, but hopefully the best.

Where can i purchase this from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Has the 2021 update conference been held yet? Latest one I can find on UCD website is 16 Jan 2020

LawLearnin wrote: »
    Has the 2021 update conference been held yet? Latest one I can find on UCD website is 16 Jan 2020

same, can only see the paper for 16th jan on UCd, nothing for this year

Gah.. Their email said: "Thank you for your email, unfortunately due to the current government guidelines all of our our upcoming in house events have been postponed until further notice. For any urgent questions please contact aoife.ryan@ucd.ie.

Kind regards,
    Sutherland School of Law"

Just realized I purchased 2020s. Ah well. Heres hoping its still somewhat relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

I agree too - I also have property, contract, criminal, tort & EU condensed notes -very good ones, I can send on. The LSI have made me sick at this stage, so whatever we can do for each other we should. Just PM me too

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

I also have quite recent (2019) notes, sample answers for Equity, EU, Tort. I also have notes and sample answers for other subjects but they might be a bit outdated. But if anyone needs anything just PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mrlawbody43

Would anybody be able to share any insight into what topics they are studying for Tort this sitting? completely overwhelmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CO.LAW20

hey guys. If I cover these topics for EU Law in March will I be fine:
    Institutions
    Sources
    Direct effect/MS Liability
    JR
    FMOG
    worker/citizenship
    Competition law

Would anybody be able to share any insight into what topics they are studying for Tort this sitting? completely overwhelmed!

I don't know what came up in the Nov sitting, but for August I covered:
    causation/remoteness
    standard/duty of care
    products liability
    occupier liability
    employer liability
    vicarious liability
    defamation
    trespass to person & defences
    nuisance
    nervous shock
    concurrent wrongdoing
    Rylands v Fletcher

Some of those often come up together in problem questions and iirc, from going over past papers, this gave me at least 5 full questions. With a bit more time, I'd have thrown in Damages as well as Economic Loss just to have a few more options heading in.

CO.LAW20 wrote: »
    hey guys. If I cover these topics for EU Law in March will I be fine:
    Institutions
    Sources
    Direct effect/MS Liability
    JR
    FMOG
    worker/citizenship
    Competition law

Ya that should cover you, I would look at past papers as he can put the exact same questions up, really helped me in Nov!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 CO.LAW20

awsah wrote: »
    Ya that should cover you, I would look at past papers as he can put the exact same questions up, really helped me in Nov!

Great! Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Would anyone have tort or constitutional sample answers? Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Would anyone have tort or constitutional sample answers? Thank you :)

PM me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Would anyone have constitutional answers other than the griffith ones? You’d be a life saver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Hi. Would any kind person have some sample answers for criminal and property? They’re my first two exams so I don’t have a whole lot to offer anyone yet but I will pay it forward when the time comes! Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

jus_me wrote: »
    Would anyone have constitutional answers other than the griffith ones? You’d be a life saver :)

hi, if its not much trouble can i have any constitutional sample answers you have there?

APower79 wrote: »
    Hi. Would any kind person have some sample answers for criminal and property? They’re my first two exams so I don’t have a whole lot to offer anyone yet but I will pay it forward when the time comes! Thanks so much

I posted what I had for property a couple of pages back if they are any good to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Anyone else very hesitant to sit company and equity this March due to how it has been marked in the November remote exams?

I'll be doing EU instead of company. I really don't want to be working on a subject for months only to get slapped with a 36 at the end of it. I'm thinking about just waiting until the Autumn which will hopefully be in person to sit those exams

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Anyone else very hesitant to sit company and equity this March due to how it has been marked in the November remote exams?

I'll be doing EU instead of company. I really don't want to be working on a subject for months only to get slapped with a 36 at the end of it. I'm thinking about just waiting until the Autumn which will hopefully be in person to sit those exams

I'm planning on doing Company, fairly worried alright about marking given the feedback on the November sitting, but I kinda need to crack on with it all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sesh0nm0m

IgoPAP wrote: »

I literally just don't get how they can decided based on the fact they didn't like the online system or whatever that they were going to brutalise us. There was no other option. If ANYTHING you would think we would be marked easier. Some people were doing this wuth bad internet, younger siblings, children, loads of roommates in the gaf etc. It just all makes no sense. I feel like it doesn't matter how hard I work at this point they're just gonna pick a random grade if they feel like it.

Advertisement