Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Exactly. I sat equity, property and contract with the aim of sitting the other 5 in March (incredibly foolish I know). And came out of contract with 65 and equity and property with 42, yet property was my strongest subject in college. Makes you just feel like a fool having felt it went really well only to fail, definitely reconsidering a career as a solicitor now...

I also failed property this sitting and im honestly surprised. I was able to answer 5 questions and was not worried about it after the exam. I also passed the other 3 exams I sat.

These results really dont make sense and I am going to try get through to the LS this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

I'm looking for recent sample answers for EU, Contract and Tort if anyone could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Failed constitutional got 36 answered 5 felt happy after and even knew some of the cases he had in the questions I was completely shocked...

jus_me wrote: »
    Failed constitutional got 36 answered 5 felt happy after and even knew some of the cases he had in the questions I was completely shocked...

Email the LS and try call them if you can. The more people that highlight the issue the more likely they will look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

I know the Legal Services Regulatory Authority recently carried out a review of legal practitioner training, but they don't seem to handle complaints about the Law Society/FE1s per se. Is there any agency or body that does? Have been trying to get some answers about the FE1 marking scheme, but am not really expecting much insight from the Law Soc given their previous form so am trying to see if there's anyone they're answerable to who could push this info on FE1 candidates' behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

I just got off the phone with my TC firm to have a chat about delaying TC due to results.. and they said that "nobody else seems to be having issues with timelines atm".. Boards doesn't make it feel this way, but maybe those who passed don't comment. I feel incompetent lol.. and sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

LawLearnin wrote: »
    I know the Legal Services Regulatory Authority recently carried out a review of legal practitioner training, but they don't seem to handle complaints about the Law Society/FE1s per se. Is there any agency or body that does? Have been trying to get some answers about the FE1 marking scheme, but am not really expecting much insight from the Law Soc given their previous form so am trying to see if there's anyone they're answerable to who could push this info on FE1 candidates' behalf.

Tbh it doesn’t seem like there is any agency or body which the FE1s can be complained to - someone asked the law society what the complaints procedure was and they were told to just email the same fe1 section email

Fe7 wrote: »
    I just got off the phone with my TC firm to have a chat about delaying TC due to results.. and they said that "nobody else seems to be having issues with timelines atm".. Boards doesn't make it feel this way, but maybe those who passed don't comment. I feel incompetent lol.. and sick.

I hope your talk went okay ! I’d hope that firms would be understanding given the circumstances atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

LawLearnin wrote: »

I contacted my local TDs last year after the postponement etc. I got 4 or 5 responses, including from Simon Harris and Helen McEntee’s offices. They all said the same thing:

“The Law Society of Ireland is the regulatory body of solicitors, and has statutory functions under Solicitors Acts 1954 to 2015 in relation to the education, admission, enrolment, discipline and regulation of the solicitors' profession.

As the matter you have raised relates to the holding of the FE1 exams it is outside of the Departments remit and is a matter more appropriate to the Law Society. Your Constituent is advised to contact them directly on the below contact details.

The Law Society Ireland
    Blackhall Place,
    Dublin 7,
    D07 VY24

Phone: 01 672 4800
    Email: general@lawsociety.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Can anyone remember what questions came up in the Nov 2020 sitting for equity? Sorry if this has already been asked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Can anyone remember what questions came up in the Nov 2020 sitting for equity? Sorry if this has already been asked

I'm also trying to find this out for Company and Constitutional too!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sesh0nm0m

DMC, 3 certainties, proprietary estoppel, trustees duties, charitable trusts, undue influence and then there was a note question and one of them was something to do with specific performance or something but I didn't do it, some area of resulting trusts but I can't rememebr because I didn't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

NewFe1 wrote: »
    The Law Society told me on the phone that the recheck process consists of an external examiner going through your exam script and giving their own grade. I don't believe that for a second.

Unsurprisingly they said they have been receiving an overwhelming number of applicants looking to review their scripts. I also said that lots of candidates cannot make sense of their results and if something maybe went wrong with the online system but I was told that was not the case.

They hardly gave an indication of how long it will be to send out scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Sesh0nm0m wrote: »
    DMC, 3 certainties, proprietary estoppel, trustees duties, charitable trusts, undue influence and then there was a note question and one of them was something to do with specific performance or something but I didn't do it, some area of resulting trusts but I can't rememebr because I didn't do it

I did the note and it was SP and resulting trusts alright, there was a third option but I can't remember it as we only had to do 2 out of 3

One of the notes was the rule in Hastings bass

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I passed Equity (62) and am happy to request the script if anyone would like to see it to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

One of the notes was the rule in Hastings bass

Think Strong v Bird may have been one also

I did ask that and she couldn't give me a timeframe. She said they have started going through the requests but that they have received so many that they can't tell me exactly when I'll get mine. You'd think they'd cop on that something isn't right given the huge number of requests but it didn't sound like it.

A lot of people that passed also requested their scripts I’d say !

I’m going to hold of requesting mine until they’ve started sending some out

Think Strong v Bird may have been one also

Yes it was !!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Would anyone be happy to share Equity or Constitutional notes or sample answers? I failed both of these in November and they are my last two exams, I was in the 40s and cannot understand where I went wrong and would really appreciate the help :)

• Advertisement

Fe119 wrote: »
    Would anyone be happy to share Equity or Constitutional notes or sample answers? I failed both of these in November and they are my last two exams, I was in the 40s and cannot understand where I went wrong and would really appreciate the help :)

I have some equity ones but don’t think they go past 2018

Has anyone else managed to get through to the LS? I've tried to call a few times this morning but just keep getting hung up on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Carmel apparently the only one in office today according to receptionist. Tried twice myself but did not pick up. Her direct line is +353 (0) 1 672 4934

Carmel apparently the only one in office today according to receptionist. Tried twice myself but did not pick up. Her direct line is +353 (0) 1 672 4934

I actually don't think I can deal with her again.

She oozes of fake niceness like a mean girl from school.

You are a hero! We all need to get on board as there is strength in numbers and it is not okay for them to fob us off like they tried to do to me on the phone. I was told if the examiner says thats my grade then tough.. no explanation. Unbelievable we have to deal with this when we have other exams to study for and that's stressful enough and sickening that this could add a year on to my life if I don't start in September. I'm not doing the hybrid as I heard it's ****e.

Hi there sorry what did you hear about the hybrid? It would be my preferred option as I’m not living in Dublin and would prefer not to move but don’t want to jeopardise my training either! (I don’t have a TC yet so this is all speculative)

Anyone who passed constitutional first time have any advice/ notes/ sample answers they’d be willing to share?

I have materials to swap for most of the other subjects! I’m dreading it so would appreciate any help and will do my best to help others too!

Hi there sorry what did you hear about the hybrid? It would be my preferred option as I’m not living in Dublin and would prefer not to move but don’t want to jeopardise my training either! (I don’t have a TC yet so this is all speculative)

Hey there! I think I just heard that whoever was doing it didn't like the online thing and from watching classes from my prep course online I don't wanna put myself through that again.. honestly I just kinda wanted the experience of law school and meeting all of you guys.. that was something I was so excited about. The way the vaccines are going we could still be online this September however so I'm not sure. I reckon hybrid will be fine for you if you don't mind studying online you'll be g but I just hated watching FE1 classes online.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hey guys, could someone tell me what came up in the criminal Nov 2020 paper? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Anyone who passed constitutional first time have any advice/ notes/ sample answers they’d be willing to share?

I have materials to swap for most of the other subjects! I’m dreading it so would appreciate any help and will do my best to help others too!

I'd love to have these as well, if anyone has em to offer. Can swap for exam grids in other subjects.

Advertisement