Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Hey guys did corporate governance/meetings/resolutions appear in the company paper in November? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

anyone know if the new solicitors regulations 2019 which states everyone has seven years to complete the exams from dec 31st of the year they started apply to everyone including those who commenced exams before Jan 2020??

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Hi,

Anyone have a property grid that they would be willing to send me?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a company law grid the one I have is a bit confusing. Thanks :)

I have one if you want to DM me your email address. Don't know if its the same as yours though.

do you think it’s worth getting eoin quills book for tort ? have mcmahon and binchy but i failed by four percent and wondering if i should source his book out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Iconic10 wrote: »
    do you think it’s worth getting eoin quills book for tort ? have mcmahon and binchy but i failed by four percent and wondering if i should source his book out ?

I personally didn’t use any book - do you have the nutshell the books tend to complicate matters as they are made for practioners not students

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

so I don't think you need the actual book, but I have heard that he likes people to quote him in the exam and I made sure to put in two of these in my November sitting (which I passed).

It depends on if you will ever need it again after this exam, or if you could sell it on after.

Did you fail in November sitting? would you chance a recheck and get onto the law society and tell them that you want it taken into consideration that the exam did not start on time and it caused so much stress and anxiety attempting to login with no communication from law society. I don't know if you were the ones who were afforded the opportunity to go back and finish the exam later that evening, but if not I would say that too, that you were not given the same consideration as those who were let back into the exam after they had already seen the paper. (just FYI I do not begrudge these people, I am just amazed that they failed anyone in Tort this sitting with the mess that that day was!)

I personally didn’t use any book - do you have the nutshell the books tend to complicate matters as they are made for practioners not students

Have val corbett’s nutshell but used my own notes instead - maybe will stick to the nutshell then

Have val corbett’s nutshell but used my own notes instead - maybe will stick to the nutshell then

Have you done a prep course ? If not might be worth it just for this one !!

Have you done a prep course ? If not might be worth it just for this one !!

yes i did. could not log into the exam until eleven and that kind of threw me off on the day i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hey guys, does anyone know who writes and marks each paper? I’m seeing people say when they stroke the examiners ego a bit it seems to help... trying every tactic at this point. Thanks :)

yes i did. could not log into the exam until eleven and that kind of threw me off on the day i think

I’d definitely be saying that to the law society - it should have been brought to the examiners attention of everything that went wrong and a list of the students affect should have been given to the examiner

caius97 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know who writes and marks each paper? I’m seeing people say when they stroke the examiners ego a bit it seems to help... trying every tactic at this point. Thanks :)

The list of examiners is on the website however it does not seem to be updated to include some recent changes

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rickmatt

Hey guys,

I've all 8 passed and want to sell my notes for all subjects as follows:

Company:
    Grid, updated to last sitting - Sample Answers - Revision Guide from Law School which covers entire subject - then my word doc notes

Constitutional:
    Extensive PDF's of the 28 topics in the subjects - Sample Answers - Grid - Revision Guide - Night Before Notes (NBN) - Word Doc on Casenotes - then miscellaneous word doc notes which cover the subject

EU:
    Sample Answers - Grid - Revision Guide - NBN - other word doc of notes

Property:
    Grid - PowerPoint notes - PDF sample answers - Revision Guide

Contract:
    Word Doc's on each topic (18) - NBN - Sample Answers - Grid - Revision Guide

Criminal:
    Sample Answers - NBN - PowerPoint notes

Equity:
    Sample Answers - Grid - NBN - PP notes on each topic - few exam papers and other bits

Tort:
    Sample Answers

Just DM me, can chat through the notes and will make myself available to explain anything that may be confusing with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Anyone who wants notes (free of charge) just DM me your email address. They’re fairly condensed but they got me through all 8 exams in one year. Various sources, I bought them from some “character” from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Are firms normally accommodating with regards deferring a training contract a year? I was due to start with my intake at the beginning of May but now that the exams have been pushed back I won’t have my results from the March sitting in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Lcork23 wrote: »
    I have one if you want to DM me your email address. Don't know if its the same as yours though.

I got sorted now thanks !

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Are firms normally accommodating with regards deferring a training contract a year? I was due to start with my intake at the beginning of May but now that the exams have been pushed back I won’t have my results from the March sitting in time.

Depends on the firm tbh but I’d contact them sooner rather than later. They may let you start without results anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

NewFe1 wrote: »

Probably depends on the firm but I doubt they'll care. You'll pass your remaining exams in a few weeks and start as normal in September.

I am selling Blackstone's EU treaties and legislation 2019-2020 if anyone is interested

• Advertisement

are all the personal rights for constitution relevant or is there one or two that don’t come up ? does the freedom of assembly, association and religious freedom come up frequently ? Have heard the freedom of assembly doesn’t come up too often. Ploughing through constitutional tonight

I’d definitely be saying that to the law society - it should have been brought to the examiners attention of everything that went wrong and a list of the students affect should have been given to the examiner

yes will definitely be including this in my recheck submission. would be unfair to not take this into consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

yes will definitely be including this in my recheck submission. would be unfair to not take this into consideration

How are you approaching your recheck submission? Are you just sending a separate email to the FE1 section after submitting your recheck application and asking for this to be taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

Looking to offload some materials, DM if interested.

Contract 2018 Physical Manual, Notes, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes
    Legislation needed for exam: Sale of Goods Act & Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act

Property 2018 Physical Manual, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes
    Legislation needed for exam: Succession Act 1965

Company- 2019 PDF Manual, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes

Tort- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Const- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Criminal- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Equity- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Anybody who has sat property any advice on what is okay to cut/whats important? I know succession is a big one

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Fitz_95 wrote: »
    Looking to offload some materials, DM if interested.

Contract 2018 Physical Manual, Notes, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes
    Legislation needed for exam: Sale of Goods Act & Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act

Property 2018 Physical Manual, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes
    Legislation needed for exam: Succession Act 1965

Company- 2019 PDF Manual, Sample Answers, Grids, Exam Papers and Examiner Reports, Night before Notes

Tort- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Const- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Criminal- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes
    Equity- Notes, Exam Papers, Examiners Reports, Sample Answers, Grid, Night Before Notes

For Company, how recent are the sample answers and examiner reports?

Anybody who has sat property any advice on what is okay to cut/whats important? I know succession is a big one

I sat in November !

Succession
    Finding
    Adverse possession
    Co ownership
    Family property
    Licenses/easements

Co ownership didn’t come up in November from hat I remember

For Company, how recent are the sample answers and examiner reports?

i have those up until october 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

awsah wrote: »
    i have those up until october 2019

Oh really!!! Could you email them onto me if it’s not too much trouble? The extra 3 weeks has given me the time to take it on!!!

• Advertisement

Oh really!!! Could you email them onto me if it’s not too much trouble? The extra 3 weeks has given me the time to take it on!!!

ya send me on your email

Advertisement