Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sesh0nm0m

caius97 wrote: »
    Hey guys, could someone tell me what came up in the criminal Nov 2020 paper? thanks!

I heard there was a lotttt of sexual offences which wasn't the case in the March 2020 one when I did it there weren't any. Something to do with a lad pulling a condom off during sex too.

Guys you know if we get a recheck? There's no section in the form for you to make a case about why you think your grade is wrong or extenuating circumstances. If we email it to them with the fee how do we know they will tell the examiner? Ridiculous we have no contact with the examiner and have to go through these people who are useless and don't want to help us at all despite us paying money.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I did ask that and she couldn't give me a timeframe. She said they have started going through the requests but that they have received so many that they can't tell me exactly when I'll get mine. You'd think they'd cop on that something isn't right given the huge number of requests but it didn't sound like it.
    A lot of people that passed also requested their scripts I’d say !

I’m going to hold of requesting mine until they’ve started sending some out

I'm planning on a recheck and I would really like to see the script before I pay the cost of it so any indication of having them by the 29th would be ideal. It's worrying that they have a month to respond to the access requests but obviously that puts it beyond the recheck cut off date.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Fe119 wrote: »
    Would anyone be happy to share Equity or Constitutional notes or sample answers? I failed both of these in November and they are my last two exams, I was in the 40s and cannot understand where I went wrong and would really appreciate the help :)

Send me your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

Regarding rechecks - would anyone who got 43 in Equity think its worth getting it rechecked???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Regarding rechecks - would anyone who got 43 in Equity think its worth getting it rechecked???

I am going to recheck. Also got 43. I was very confident that I passed.

I got 45 and thought I passed so yeah I'm rechecking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

I got 42 and intend to recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I got 43 and am getting it rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

illy.m wrote: »
    I am going to recheck. Also got 43. I was very confident that I passed.

Got 43 aswel and getting it rechecked

• Advertisement

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Got 46 and getting it rechecked. I reckon they will get all of our equity exams, randomly pull out a few, upgrade them to a pass and then leave the others as they were.

That's so ridiculous and not a system like how do they get away with this ****... honestly I'm reluctant to take any more exams now that they can just give us whatever grade they want on the basis of nothing. You also don't know if this is examiner's doing or the LS changing them.

I need to stop swearing before my account gets nuked they keep correcting it with stars hahahaha sorry I'm just so angry.

I got 45 in equity and am planning on getting it rechecked - I didn’t think it went amazing but I answered 5 questions and had cases for all of them and that has been enough to scrape me a pass in other exams. I’ve submitted the request already in the hope that the sooner it’s in the sooner I’ll get the results! Wishful thinking probably

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Does anybody have a grid for company they would be willing to share? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fe1andDone

Does anyone have an equity exam grid they can post here that is more recent than 2018? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

Fe1andDone wrote: »
    Does anyone have an equity exam grid they can post here that is more recent than 2018? Thanks.

I'd also appreciate this !!

FE1million wrote: »
    Does anybody have a grid for company they would be willing to share? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I do but it only goes up to 2018. Happy to share if you still want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

I'd also appreciate this !!

Think this it

phildub wrote: »
    Think this it

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Has anybody heard back from their GDPR applications for the papers? Also are rechecks results released all on the same day? If so presumably there is no point in applying for the recheck until next week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Lightup1 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard back from their GDPR applications for the papers? Also are rechecks results released all on the same day? If so presumably there is no point in applying for the recheck until next week ?

No I haven't anyway and I requested mine straight away. I have also applied for the recheck but haven't paid for it yet in the hope that I get my script before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exams456

Hi everyone!
    First timer for these exams and after reading through this thread during the past few days, I’m very nervous due to the problems people seem to be having with their results from November.

Would anyone have any advice on sitting the Property exam to help me prepare for march? I have a manual and past exam papers and answers so any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Exams456 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    First timer for these exams and after reading through this thread during the past few days, I’m very nervous due to the problems people seem to be having with their results from November.

Would anyone have any advice on sitting the Property exam to help me prepare for march? I have a manual and past exam papers and answers so any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!!

Property can be broken down quite a bit so co-ownership , succession, adverse possession, family property, finding and then you can kinda pick a few more Topics to cover your bases like licenses or easements or learn off a few essay topics like the influence of equity and the effect of the 2009 act

I myself sat property in November

Co-ownership didn’t come up and it usually does

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Mc96 wrote: »
    I did the note and it was SP and resulting trusts alright, there was a third option but I can't remember it as we only had to do 2 out of 3

The other two were write a note on the following cases:

Strong v Bird
    Hastings Bass

FE1_2020_ wrote: »
    The other two were write a note on the following cases:

Strong v Bird
    Hastings Bass

Think the other one was unilateral rectification or something

I'd be betting on a satisfaction note next time!! Also Mareva should be a banker and charitable/non-charitable/cy pres need to be studied together and one of them always comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

For Constitutional, do people think that a liberty question or detention could come up with regards to Covid? Or did something along those lines come up in the last paper regarding detention for medical reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exams456

Property can be broken down quite a bit so co-ownership , succession, adverse possession, family property, finding and then you can kinda pick a few more Topics to cover your bases like licenses or easements or learn off a few essay topics like the influence of equity and the effect of the 2009 act

I myself sat property in November

Co-ownership didn’t come up and it usually does

Thanks so much!

This may not be the place for this but anyone else's mental health absolutely b*lloxed after November results? I'm being dead serious here.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

I got 43 and getting a re-check ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

Also I mentioned more recent bills, various statutes for criminal etc the list goes on. It is just heartbreaking. Hopefully the re-check will correct possible errors with the marking.

Advertisement