Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

• 20-11-2020 7:23pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So restrictions are at Level 5 presently. Will they be relaxed (ever!!)?

Part I
    Part II
    Part III
    Part IV
    Part V
    Part VI

All warnings and threadbans carry over. Please PM the mod issuing a threadban if you wish to discuss options for being allowed to post again

Mod warnings
    Beasty wrote: »
    It looks like tensions in this thread have been rising

Some general warnings to all:

Remain civil. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it's the polar opposite of your own does not invalidate it. Anyone who is uncivil towards other users can expect a minimum of a threadban.

Keep to the topic

Do not present "opinion" as "fact"

Do not believe all stats that are spouted. Usually figures presented in any official way are not only checked for inaccuracies, but will also have caveats and/or explanations of what was done to derive any conclusions reached. Stats though are not "facts" beyond the sample they represent. They can be used to draw conclusions over wider populations, but those conclusions are always subject to a margin of error

If you throw up an example please explain what point you are making. For example "Look at Sweden" means nothing unless you say what you are looking at in connection with Sweden. Is it restrictions, is it deaths, is it infections?

Hinting or implying that other users are re-regs is against the charter. It is strongly advised that you report posts and let the mods deal with it.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this simple instruction.

Beasty wrote: »
    Another reminder - this thread is about restrictions and their relaxation

General Covid discussion belongs in the current Covid thread (#XVII)

Political discussion belongs in Current Affairs or Politics
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Mod actions can be discussed via PM if you like.

On thread is not permitted.

I will note what I said in the other thread this evening though:

Calling people names such as Dr. Death or Saint Tony etc. only weaken your argument, it's the lowest form of wit.

Keep it civil and on topic and you can discuss the restrictions or your opposition to them as much as you like

Stop bringing the cervical cancer discussion into this thread, if you want to discuss it, start a thread on it elsewhere on the site.

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

I'm not going to post another warning on this - stop bringing up the cervical cancer issues in this thread.

It's in the OP not to discuss the issue, if you want to discuss it, go to another forum and start a thread on it, it is not Covid related.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this instruction

Threadbans:
    housemouse
    Cupatae
    CtevenSrowder
    Unelected CMO
    Risteard81
    trapp
    RugbyLad11
    Jimmy Garlic
    Jinglejangle69
    easypazz
    snowcat
    ziggyman17
    ShineOn7
    JoeExotic81
    The_Dazzler
    lawrencesummers
    LiquidZeb
    gral6
    John O.Groats
    Plumbthedepths
    nofools
    MelbourneMan
    bucketybuck
    road_high
    Banana Republic 1
    manniot2 (lifted 10/1/21, reinstated 15/1/21)
    fin12 - lifted 12/12/20
    Caraibh
    BryanMartin21
    MadYaker
    Coybig_
    DrFrost
    Paddygreen
    Parabellum9 for 24hrs on 30/12/20
    Rrrrrr2
    drunkmonkey
    sweetmaggie
    HBC08
    patnor1011
    rusty cole
    zerosugarbuzz
    bettyoleary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

blurst

err tee ee is de voirus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

:)

Just saw david mcCullagh on rte...father jack style..immmmmm ssoooooo sooooooo soooooryyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Apologising for getting into a photograph. The levels of hysteria is just out of control at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1120/1179441-nursing-homes/

NPHET and the Nutty Professor group (Scally, McConkey, Ryan, Staines, Killeen) are very quick to criticise the public for ‘not adhering to public health advice’. Yet they say so little on nursing homes and their continued mismanagement.

Saw McCullagh’s apology on the news, he’s sorry he got caught i’m sure. Media hounded so many from their jobs for doing something similar which was a complete over reaction. They’ve also spent much of their time terrifying people over 65 who surely must question how all are still alive and kicking after breaking the coveted Covid rules.
    Pity no one can muster up a photo of George Lee at this ‘impromptu’ gathering while the social media outrage continues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Covid-19: Micheál Martin 'disappointed' by images from RTÉ retirement bash

"I think when people heard about the vaccines and the downward trajectory, people felt that we were out the gap here, so as to speak.

"I hope that between now and December 1, I hope we can just double down."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40086500.html

:rolleyes:

Ever feel like its groundhog day? Same sh*t different day?

M Martin looks quite silly with that mask on as well. Smirking as he is on his 200,000 + a year salary spending hours (days?) chatting with newspapers "I hope Xmas can go ahead" ... seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lundstram wrote: »
    Apologising for getting into a photograph. The levels of hysteria is just out of control at this stage.

I know but too fcukin good for them- RTE have been the Nphet puppet show since March. Delighted to see their self righteousness being taken down a peg or two. Just a pity that Lee prick couldn’t have been snapped too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Country has completely gone.

I really thought the hysteria would've ended by now.

Seems like some are addicted to it.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Country has completely gone.

I really thought the hysteria would've ended by now.

Seems like some are addicted to it.

It’s actually gotten worse with some!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus this is getting too much and ridiculous. It was a few seconds of a photograph along with a small gathering and they have been publicly humiliated for it.

NPHET should be told where to go at this stage. Were not going lower than Level 3 now cause of this

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus this is getting too much and ridiculous. It was a few seconds of a photograph along with a small gathering and they have been publicly humiliated for it.

NPHET should be told where to go at this stage. Were not going lower than Level 3 now cause of this

It is but too good for Rte and absolutely delighted it was them- couldn’t happen to a better bunch of hypocritical virtue signallers.
    Now, if only more of the lockdown glitterati could be caught out on their hypocrisy then even better

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

John_Rambo's threadban lifted

I did something a tad constructive today - I pinged off a load of emails today to local Carlow/Kilkenny TDs, offices of Taoiseach and Tanaiste outlining all my concerns surrounding the outrageous behaviors of Holohan, Nphet and grave concerns for the economy.
    It’s a tiny step but it felt cathartic and at least let them be under no illusions some of us are fuming and they are going to feel it soon- if more people join in and do the same it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm working on photography projects at the moment and am paranoid about compromising my clients regarding social distancing. Even when I'm posting up old photos I have to tag them with a "pre-covid shot".

Can't believe RTE of all people took their eye off the ball on this one. It's not like they don't watch the news.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I'm working on photography projects at the moment and am paranoid about compromising my clients regarding social distancing. Even when I'm posting up old photos I have to tag them with a "pre-covid shot".

Can't believe RTE of all people took their eye off the ball on this one. It's not like they don't watch the news.

It’s just another in a long line of “Let them eat cake” moments from our alleged social betters and Covid moral guardians

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

road_high wrote: »
    It’s just another in a long line of “Let them eat cake” moments from our alleged social betters and Covid moral guardians

Fair enough, but I think we're all a bit guilty of looking down at people flaunting rules and bending them slightly ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭bloopy

Lundstram wrote: »

I was thinking about this today. We can now officially start calling all this a hysteria, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

PTH2009 wrote: »

They should be humiliated for their hypocrisy

Just live your life as full as you can and pay no attention to levels. I'm lucky, I rarely go to pubs and I hate shopping, so my life has been relatively normal throughout. I give no thought to levels and go where I please, including a holiday in Italy. Put Holohan and NPHET out of your mind. Strip to the waist and drink cans in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

polesheep wrote: »
    Just live your life as full as you can and pay no attention to levels. I'm lucky, I rarely go to pubs and I hate shopping, so my life has been relatively normal throughout. I give no thought to levels and go where I please, including a holiday in Italy. Put Holohan and NPHET out of your mind. Strip to the waist and drink cans in the Park.

Hope you had a good time, sounds lovely :):)

road_high wrote: »

Trust is diminishing in RTÉ, which can only be a positive. They have less influence on the public mood, there will be open contravention of arbitrary boundaries in and around Christmas which I applaud. Another thing, pay no heed to the hired hands around here with their "must" and "have to" vernacular. You can spot these chumps at a distance, well over 5km on occasion :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Is there anyway way I can get a vaccine asap for the lunatic I'm living with? What will the backlog be like? I cant listen to it anymore.

The door handles are cleaned before and after I come home, plastic cutlery left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Make what you want from this.... seems positive to me but it could all be smoke and mirrors

https://twitter.com/seandefoe/status/1329825391155027969?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

risteard7 wrote: »
    Is there anyway way I can get a vaccine asap for the lunatic I'm living with? What will the backlog be like? I cant listen to it anymore.

The door handles are cleaned before and after I come home, plastic cutlery left out.

Haha have a close family member on edge to.

I’m not his best source of comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Make what you want from this.... seems positive to me but it could all be smoke and mirrors

https://twitter.com/seandefoe/status/1329825391155027969?s=21

We're all aware of the Toy Show...WTF?!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Haha have a close family member on edge to.

I’m not his best source of comfort

Ah it's unbelievable the s***e I have to put up with. I said lock yourself in the room, put on RTE, pull the curtains. Get the shopping delivered if that's what you want but I'm continuing with my life.

Is this just a house share or a family member? That’s OCD level behavior. Try ignore it all if possible and continue as normal yourself

Just a quick story, I had to laugh.

I went to the Local council office a few days ago to Tax the car. I'd normally do it online but I said while passing I'd call in and just do it.

A security guard outside smoking a fag while I was parking the car, I approached the door and he stubs the fag and stands in front of me frantically putting his mask over his snout.

"Sorry were closed, it's Level 5" he was a bit smart and said "didn't you hear about the Covid virus" in a thick Dublin accent. Over the phone or online only he said.

I said fair enough but to be honest the fags will kill you long before Covid will, now good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Just a quick story, I had to laugh.

I went to the Local council office a few days ago to Tax the car. I'd normally do it online but I said while passing I'd call in and just do it.

A security guard outside smoking a fag while I was parking the car, I approached the door and he stubs the fag and stands in front of me frantically putting his mask over his snout.

"Sorry were closed, it's Level 5" he was a bit smart and said "didn't you hear about the Covid virus" in a thick Dublin accent. Over the phone or online only he said.

I said fair enough but to be honest the fags will kill you long before Covid will, now good luck

I drive past Holles St a couple of times a week and every time without fail there’s a small group of pregnant women in thier dressing gowns with masks down around their chin having a fag... sometimes you see a nurse standing with them on a break herself! Couldn’t make it up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

How concerned is Tony today?

JBigJIB.png

• Advertisement

How concerned is Tony today?

JBigJIB.png

Put him on the PUP and we'll ask him how concerned or worried he is then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement