Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BBC news showed downtown Washington DC being boarded up like a hurricane about to hit.

A Biden win could spur Trump to be erratic and his gun loving supporters to be moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭newhouse87

whiskeyman wrote: »
    BBC news showed downtown Washington DC being boarded up like a hurricane about to hit.

A Biden win could spur Trump to be erratic and his gun loving supporters to be moreso.

ehh its the other way around, what's been happening all summer?its not trump supporters who have been destroying cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

I don't think business owners are boarding up because of Trump supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders/border-wall-system/

Just found out they actually keep the details pretty up to date, 371 miles of the wall completed

Or 18.98% to put it another way. Do you think he knew this when he told people in Arizona recently that the wall was nearly finished?

Only 15 miles of which are entirely new.

_115042213_how_much_wall_640x2-nc.png

Best case scenario, he'd only need 4 more terms to build the wall he said was going to build and Mexico was going to pay for it.

What are your figures for the amount Mexico has actually paid? All I'm finding is that they have contributed nothing and the costs have increased dramatically from what he said they were going to be.
    As the presidential election nears, a review of federal spending data found modifications to contracts have increased the price of the border wall by billions, costing about five times more per mile than it did under previous administrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I don't think business owners are boarding up because of Trump supporters

I think we can expect civil unrest either way.
    Which group would you prefer to be unsettled?

• Advertisement

newhouse87 wrote: »
    ehh its the other way around, what's been happening all summer?its not trump supporters who have been destroying cities.

Ahem

Exhibit A
    Right-wingers continue to be arrested for violence against Biden supporters and at BLM protests

Exhibit B
    Experts say that in many states, far-right extremists, fresh from recruiting at “open states” rallies during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, continue to inject themselves into the protests, creating a potential powder keg as they mix with Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Exhibit C
    Police in Minneapolis say a man known as "Umbrella Man", seen damaging property in the city during the Black Lives Matter protests, has links to white supremacy groups.

Exhibit D
    Three men with military backgrounds have been arrested and charged with conspiracy to instigate violence at the Las Vegas protests against the death of George Floyd.

According to authorities, Andrew Lynam Jr., 23, Stephen Parshall, 35, and William Loomis, 40, all met at an anti-lockdown protest in April and self-identified as “boogaloo” boys, a term used to describe those calling for a violent civil conflict. They were arrested on Saturday on their way to a protest in downtown Las Vegas, after filling gas cans and making Molotov cocktails in glass bottles.

if you honestly believe far right wingers(who i despise btw)have caused more destruction to American cities this year than far left groups (also despise) then you are even more blinkered than i thought.

Or 18.98% to put it another way. Do you think he knew this when he told people in Arizona recently that the wall was nearly finished?

Only 15 miles of which are entirely new.

_115042213_how_much_wall_640x2-nc.png

Best case scenario, he'd only need 4 more terms to build the wall he said was going to build and Mexico was going to pay for it.

What are your figures for the amount Mexico has actually paid? All I'm finding is that they have contributed nothing and the costs have increased dramatically from what he said they were going to be.

Part of the old wall were in disrepair and ineffective, building new stretches without replacing the old wall would have been fruitless

The cost of the wall increased because border control wanted a wall made from reinforced steel that you could see through. A concrete wall would have been a lot cheaper.

Mexico might not be paying for it directly but Trump has renegotiated NAFTA

I think we can expect civil unrest either way.
    Which group would you prefer to be unsettled?

Neither, peace would be my option

For every example of violence by the far right there are much worse on the other side. David Dorn is just one of many

• Advertisement

if you honestly believe far right wingers(who i despise btw)have caused more destruction to American cities this year than far left groups (also despise) then you are even more blinkered than i thought.

Well, the FBI think the far right extremists are the biggest threat to America right now so I'm gonna go with them rather than your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

in 2016 our Mexico trade deficit was $63.2B. In 2019 it was over $101.4B.

USCMA was made effective in July and our numbers for August, a $12.76 B deficit, was the single biggest monthly loss in our trade balance with Mexico, ever. The next 3 worst months are all in 2020 and $10B+ each.

So how are they paying for this 'wall?'

For every example of violence by the far right there are much worse on the other side. David Dorn is just one of many

FBI doesn't think so.

Part of the old wall were in disrepair and ineffective, building new stretches without replacing the old wall would have been fruitless

The cost of the wall increased because border control wanted a wall made from reinforced steel that you could see through. A concrete wall would have been a lot cheaper.

Oh how the goalposts have moved.

Well, the FBI think the far right extremists are the biggest threat to America right now so I'm gonna go with them rather than your good self.

destroying cities as in causing financial/physical damage we are talking about, dont try change the narrative to suit your argument, you interjected on a subject so don't try to change the subject then when its obvious you are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

destroying cities as in causing financial/physical damage we are talking about, dont try change the narrative to suit your argument, you interjected on a subject so don't try to change the subject then when its obvious you are incorrect.
    What city has been destroyed by left wing activists?

The FBI have proven themselves to be very reliable haven't they

There have been sustained protests in Portland for months with a massive police response.......but they have not come close to shutting down the entire city, never mind destroying it.

Here's some links that dispute the narrative that leftists are destroying cities, that leftists are worse than any far right violence, etc, etc;

In America, far-right terrorist plots have outnumbered far-left ones in 2020

Far-Right Groups Are Behind Most U.S. Terrorist Attacks, Report Finds

Protest arrests show regular Americans, not antifa or urban left-wing radicals

The FBI have proven themselves to be very reliable haven't they
    Better to just listen to whatever Trump says then, is it?

• Advertisement

There have been sustained protests in Portland for months with a massive police response.......but they have not come close to shutting down the entire city, never mind destroying it.

Here's some links that dispute the narrative that leftists are destroying cities, that leftists are worse than any far right violence, etc, etc;

In America, far-right terrorist plots have outnumbered far-left ones in 2020

Far-Right Groups Are Behind Most U.S. Terrorist Attacks, Report Finds

Protest arrests show regular Americans, not antifa or urban left-wing radicals

Post any links you want, could post links to counter but im too lazy at this time. Up to individuals to form there own opinion and mine is its left wingers that have been causing damage to us cities all summer, dont agree thats fine. I do agree that far right groups are more dangerous though.

Better to just listen to whatever Trump says then, is it?

I posted this on another thread, and I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...e4_Excerpt.pdf

The CIA knew it wasn't credible and Steele's sources were unverified and made it clear they would not have used it if they were working on their own. John Brennan made it clear that Jim Comey pushed it into their intelligence community assessment.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...steele-dossier

The FBI mischaracterize, mislead and lied to the Senate Intelligence Committee about the credibility of the Steele dossier

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...steele-n897506

The Clinton campaign paid for Steele's work

And at the end of that article the FBI said that Steele was credible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Danchenko

Igor Danchenko was the primary source

Comey testified under oath that he didn’t know anything about dossier author Christopher Steele’s sources on 30th September this year.

https://www.brookings.edu/events/the...-dissertation/

Igor Danchenko worked with Fiona Hill at the Brookings Institute

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content...07_hill_cv.pdf

This is her resume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMoaYHTNY_g

Adam Schiff’s star witness for the impeachment was Fiona Hill

Hill resigned from her role as the White House advisor on Russia days before Trumps phone call to President Zelensky

https://news.yahoo.com/fiona-hill-de...220559208.html

She had previously worked with Steele and did not think the dossier was credible upon reading it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAs9MfpvXRg

Hill testified she had received a copy of the Steele dossier from the Brookings Institute before it had been published by Buzzfeed

There's plenty more evidence out there that the Steele Dossier was a fabrication

What does the Steele dossier have to do within the context of right-wing extremist violence?

What does the Steele dossier have to do within the context of right-wing extremist violence?

what does right wing violence have to do with cities boarding up shops just in case trump gets elected. The point was its left wing groups who have been damaging businesses all summer, if you cant see that, i have nothing more to say to you on the matter. Its obvious right wing groups are more dangerous but we were talking about cities being boarded up and that's nothing to do with right wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Quite the stunning letter was just released by 80 scholars in fascism and authoritarianism
    Regardless of the outcome of the United States’ election, democracy as we know it is already imperiled. However, it is not too late to turn the tide.

Whether Donald J. Trump is a fascist, a post-fascist populist, an autocrat, or just a bumbling opportunist, the danger to democracy did not arrive with his presidency and goes well beyond November 3rd, 2020.

While democracy appeared to be flourishing everywhere in the years following the end of the Cold War, today it seems to be withering or in full-scale collapse globally. As scholars of twentieth century authoritarian populism, fascism, and political extremism, we believe that unless we take immediate action, democracy as we know it will continue in its frightening regression, irrespective of who wins the American presidency in early November.

In contrast to the hollow proclamations of economic and political liberalism’s “inevitable” triumph over authoritarianism in all its iterations, studying the past demonstrates that democracy is extremely fragile and potentially temporary, requiring vigilance and protection. Scholars of race, colonialism, and imperialism have further deepened our perspectives by reminding us of how the myths of national “greatness” were and continue to be written on the backs of largely silenced, marginalized and oftentimes enslaved or unfree, “others.”

We study the conditions that have historically accompanied the rise of authoritarian and fascistic regimes. In nearly every case, we have observed how profound social, political, and economic disruptions, including the ravages of military conflicts, depressions, and the enormous pressures caused by globalization, deeply shook people’s confidence in democracy’s ability to adequately respond to their plights, or even provide basic forms of long-term security.

We have seen all of these patterns in our study of the past, and we recognize the signs of a crisis of democracy in today’s world as well. The Covid-19 pandemic has exposed profound inequalities of class and race across the globe. As the last four years have demonstrated, the temptation to take refuge in a figure of arrogant strength is now greater than ever.

To meet the challenge at hand, there are several things we must do.

We must boldly and unapologetically safeguard critical thinking based on evidence. This includes demonstrating the virtues of entertaining a wide array of positions and perspectives, and support, both in word and deed, for investigative journalism, science and the humanities, and freedom of the press. We need swift and tangible commitments from corporate media organizations and governments to tackle the dangers of misinformation and media concentration. We must encourage coalitions organized across differences of race, class, gender, religion and caste, while respecting the perspectives and experiences of others. We need to reveal and denounce any and all connections between those in power and those vigilante and militia forces using political violence to destabilize our democracies. Much like the active democratic movements across the globe from Nigeria to India, Belarus to Hong Kong, we must be prepared to defend pluralism and democracy against the growing dangers of communal violence and authoritarianism at the ballot box but, if necessary, also through non-violent protest in the streets. We must defend the integrity of the electoral process and ensure the widest possible voter turnouts, not just in this election but in every election large and small in all of our hometowns. And we must re-commit to a global conversation on support for democratic institutions, laws, and practices both within and between our respective countries. This includes directly confronting the unfettered greed that drives global inequality, which has unleashed geopolitical rivalries over access to resources, international migrations, and collapsed state sovereignties all over the world.

We need to turn away from the rule by entrenched elites and return to the rule of law. We must replace the politics of “internal enemies” with a politics of adversaries in a healthy, democratic marketplace of ideas. And above else, we need to work together to find ways to keep the light of democracy shining in our countries and all over the world. Because if we don’t, we will indeed face dark days ahead.

Signed,

Giulia Albanese | Professor of History, Università degli Studi di Padova (Italy)

Anjali Arondekar | Associate Professor of Feminist Studies and Director of the Center for South Asian Studies, University of California-Santa Cruz (United States of America, USA) *

Kai Arzheimer | Professor of Political Science, University of Mainz (Germany) *

Luis Herran Avila | Assistant Professor of History, University of New Mexico (USA)

Jonathan Bach | Professor of Global Studies, The New School (USA) *

Shelley Baranowski | Distinguished Professor Emerita of History, University of Akron (USA)

Deborah Barton | Assistant Professor of History, Université de Montréal (Canada)

Heike Bauer | Professor of Modern Literature and Cultural History, Birkbeck, University of London (United Kingdom, UK)

Cristina A. Bejan | Assistant Professor of European History, Metropolitan State University of Denver (USA)

Ruth Ben-Ghiat | Professor of History, New York University (USA)

Waitman Wade Beorn | Senior Lecturer of History, Northumbria University (UK)

Mabel Berezin | Professor of Sociology, Cornell University (USA)

Andrew Stuart Bergerson | Professor of History, University of Missouri-Kansas City (USA)

Paul Betts | Professor of Modern European History, University of Oxford (UK)

Frank Biess | Professor of History, University of California-San Diego (USA)

Stephen Bittner | Professor of History, Sonoma State University (USA)

Monica Black | Associate Professor of History, University of Tennessee-Knoxville (USA)

Adam A. Blackler | Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming (USA)

Richard Bodek | Professor of History and Director of European Studies, College of Charleston (USA)

Christopher R. Browning | Frank Porter Graham Professor of History Emeritus, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA)

Darcy Buerkle | Associate Professor of History, Smith College (USA)

Renato Camurri | Professor of History, University of Verona (Italy)

Mauro Canali | Professor of Contemporary History, University of Camerino (Italy) *

Andrea Chandler | Professor of Political Science, Carleton University (Canada)

Sarah Churchwell | Chair of Public Understanding of the Humanities, School of Advanced Study, University of London (UK)

Howard Chiang | Associate Professor of History, University of California-Davis (USA)

Mark B. Cole | College Associate Lecturer, Cleveland State University (USA)

Tim Cole | Professor of History, University of Bristol (UK)

Paul Corner | Professor of European History, Università di Siena (Italy)

Mark Cornwall | Professor of Modern European History, University of Southampton (UK)

Brian E. Crim | Professor of History, University of Lynchburg (USA)

Kate Davison | PhD Candidate, University of Melbourne (Australia) *

Carlos De La Torre | Director of the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida (USA)

Lindsey Dodd | Senior Lecturer in Modern European History, University of Huddersfield (UK)

Elizabeth Drummond | Associate Professor of History, Loyola Marymount University (USA)

Hilary Earl | Professor of Modern European History, Nippissing University (Canada)

Michael Ebner | Associate Professor of History, Syracuse University (USA) *

Sean Eedy | Lecturer in History, Carleton University (Canada)

Greg Eghigian | Professor of History, Pennsylvania State University (USA)

Geoff Eley | Karl Pohrt Distinguished University Professor of Contemporary History and German Studies, University of Michigan (USA)

Jennifer Evans | Professor of History, Carleton University and Member, College of New Scholars, Royal Society of Canada (Canada) *

Federico Finchelstein | Professor of History, The New School (USA) *

Tiffany N. Florvil | Associate Professor of History, University of New Mexico (USA)

Filippo Focardi | Professor of Contemporary History, Università di Padova (Italy)

Moritz Föllmer | Associate Professor of Modern History, University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Claudio Fogu | Associate Professor of History, University of California-Santa Barbara (USA) *

Karin Friedrich | Chair in Early Modern European History, University of Aberdeen and Chair of the German History Society (UK)

Maximiliano Fuentes | Professor of History, Universitat de Girona (Spain)

Mary Fulbrook | Professor of German History, University College London (UK)

Valeria Gallimi | Assistant Professor, Università degli Studi di Firenze (Italy)

Diana Garvin | Assistant Professor of Mediterranean Studies, University of Oregon (USA) *

Svenja Goltermann | Professor of Modern History, University of Zurich (Switzerland)

Leandro Pereira Gonçalves | Adjunct Professor of Contemporary History, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (Brazil)

Peter Gordon | Amabel B. James Professor of History, Harvard University (USA)

Neil Gregor | Professor of Modern European History, University of Southampton (UK)

Brian J Griffith | Eugen and Jacqueline Weber Post-Doctoral Scholar In European History, University of California-Los Angeles (USA) *

Atina Grossmann | Professor of History, The Cooper Union (USA)

Sara F. Hall | Associate Professor of Germanic Studies, University of Illinois-Chicago (USA)

Anna Hájková | Associate Professor of Modern European Continental History, Warwick University (UK)

Shireen Hassim | Canada 150 Research Chair in Gender and African Politics, Carleton University (Canada) *

Dan Healey | Professor of Modern Russian History, University of Oxford (UK)

Valerie Hébert | Associate Professor of History, Lakehead University Orillia (Canada)

Benjamin Carter Hett | Professor of History, Hunter College and the Graduate Center, CUNY (USA)

Erin Hochman | Associate Professor of History, Southern Methodist University (USA)

Samuel Clowes Huneke | Assistant Professor of History, George Mason University (USA)

Chinnaiah Jangam | Associate Professor of History, Carleton University (Canada)

Rachel Johnston-White | Assistant Professor of European Politics and Society, University of Groningen (Germany)

Pieter M. Judson | Professor of History, European University Institute (Italy)

Michelle Lynn Kahn | Assistant Professor of History, University of Richmond (USA) *

Marion Kaplan | Skirball Professor of Modern Jewish History, New York University (USA)

Gema Kloppe-Santamaria | Assistant Professor of History, Loyola University Chicago (USA)

Melissa Kravetz | Associate Professor of History, Longwood University (USA)

Thomas Kühne | Strassler Colin Flug Professor of Holocaust History, Clark University (USA)

Eric Kurlander | William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of History, Stetson University (USA)

Paul Lerner | Professor of History, University of Southern California (USA)

Simon Levis Sullam | Associate Professor of History, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (Italy)

Michael Löwy | Emeritus Research Director, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)

Elissa Maïlander | Associate Professor of History, Sciences Po (France)

Andrea Mammone | Lecturer in Modern European History, Royal Holloway-London (UK)

Gladys McCormick | Associate Professor of History and Jay and Debe Moskowitz Chair in Mexico-US Relations, Syracuse University (USA)

Daniel McIntosh | Emeritus Associate Professor of International Studies, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (USA)

David A. Messenger | Professor of History and Chair of the History Department, University of South Alabama (USA)

Johannes von Moltke | Professor of German Studies and Film, TV, and Media, University of Michigan (USA)

A. Dirk Moses | Frank Porter Graham Distinguished Professor in Global Human Rights History, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA)

Yael Ben Moshe | Fellow Researcher at the Faculty of Humanities, Haifa University (Israel)

Michelle Moyd | Associate Professor of History, Indiana University-Bloomington (USA)

Nauman Naqvi | Associate Professor of Comparative Liberal Studies, Habib University (USA)

Odilon Caldeira Neto | Associate Professor of History, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (Brazil)

Raffaele Nocera | Associate Professor of History, Università degli Studi di Napoli “L’Orientale” (Italy)

Xosé M. Núñez Seixas | Professor of History, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain)

Eric Oberle | Associate Professor of History, Arizona State University (USA)

Andrea Orzoff | Associate Professor of History, New Mexico State University (USA)

Katrin Paehler | Associate Professor of History, Illinois State University (USA)

Sarah Panzer | Assistant Professor of History, Missouri State University (USA)

Robert O. Paxton | Mellon Professor of the Social Sciences Emeritus, Columbia University (USA)

Heather R Perry | Associate Professor of History, University of North Carolina-Charlotte (USA)

John Person | Associate Professor of Japanese Studies, University at Albany (USA) *

Pablo Piccato | Professor of History, Columbia University (USA)

Antonio Costa Pinto | Research Professor at the Institute of Social Sciences, University of Lisbon (Portugal)

Sven Reichardt | Professor of History, Universität Konstanz (Germany)

Ned Richardson-Little | History Research Group Leader, University of Erfurt (Germany)

Jennifer Rodgers | Research Assistant Professor of History, CalTech University (USA)

Mark Roseman | Pat M Glazer Chair in Jewish Studies and Distinguished Professor in History, Indiana University-Bloomington (USA)

Gavriel Rosenfeld | Professor of History, Fairfield University (USA)

Eli Rubin | Professor of History, Western Michigan University (USA)Metropolitan

Alexandria Ruble | Assistant Professor of History, Spring Hill College (USA)

Lutz Sauerteig | Senior Lecturer in Medical Humanities, Newcastle University (UK)

Leonard Schmieding | Curator of Education, Berlin State Museums (Germany)

Natalie Scholz | Assistant Professor of Modern History, University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Steven Seegel | Professor of Russian, East European, and Eurasian History, University of Northern Colorado (USA)

Sherene Seikaly | Associate Professor of History, University of California-Santa Barbara (USA) *

Jennifer Sessions | Associate Professor of History, University of Virginia (USA)

Daniel Siemens | Professor of European History, Newcastle University (UK)

Helmut Walser Smith | Martha Rivers Ingram Professor of History, Vanderbilt University (USA)

Jason Stanley | Professor of Philosophy, Yale University (USA)

Richard Steigmann-Gall | Associate Professor of History, Kent State University (USA)

Lauren Stokes | Assistant Professor of History, Northwestern University (USA)

Nathan Stoltzfus | Dorothy and Jonathan Rintels Professor of Holocaust Studies, Florida State University (USA)

Marla Stone | Professor of History, Occidental College and President, Society for Italian Historical Studies (USA) *

Annette Timm | Professor of History, University of Calgary (Canada)

Robert Deam Tobin | Professor of German and Comparative Literature, Clark University (USA)

Enzo Traverso | Susan and Barton Winokur Professor in the Humanities, Cornell University (USA)

Nadia Urbinati | Kryiakos Tsakopoulos Professor of Political Theory, Columbia University (USA)

Louie Dean Valencia-Garcia | Assistant Professor of History, Texas State University (USA)

Eleni Varikas | Emeritus Professor of Political Science, Université de Paris 8 (France)

Yannick Veilleux-Lepage | Assistant Professor of Terrorism and Political Violence, Leiden University (Netherlands)

Angelo Ventrone | Professor of History, University of Macerata (Italy)

Fabian Virchow | Professor of History, University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf (Germany) *

Anika Walke | Associate Professor of History, Washington University in St. Louis (USA)

Janet Ward | Professor of History, University of Oklahoma and President Elect, German Studies Association (USA)

Thomas Weber | Professor of History and International Affairs, University of Aberdeen (UK) *

Robert D. Weide | Assistant Professor of Sociology, California State University-Los Angeles (USA)

Christiane Wilke | Associate Professor of Law and Legal Studies, Carleton University (Canada)

Benjamin Zachariah | Senior Research Fellow, Research Centre for Europe, University of Trier (Germany)

Moshe Zimmerman | Emeritus Professor of History, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel)

http://newfascismsyllabus.com/news-and-announcements/an-open-letter-of-concern-by-scholars-of-authoritarianism/

The poster quoted the FBI

I said The FBI have proven themselves to be very reliable haven't they.

You said Better to just listen to whatever Trump says then, is it?

What I posted about the Steele dossier and the FBI's handling of it shows how unreliable they can be. My opinion of the FBI has nothing to do with me listening "to whatever Trump says"

Overheal wrote: »
    https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

in 2016 our Mexico trade deficit was $63.2B. In 2019 it was over $101.4B.

USCMA was made effective in July and our numbers for August, a $12.76 B deficit, was the single biggest monthly loss in our trade balance with Mexico, ever. The next 3 worst months are all in 2020 and $10B+ each.

So how are they paying for this 'wall?'

When a one country has a trade deficit they are buying something they need from another country, it's not like they are handing the money over for nothing. Vehicles is one of Mexico's biggest exports to the United States. One of the changes under the renegotiation of NAFTA Mexico will have to pay a higher wage to workers of automobile parts thus making American made automobile parts more competitive. To think that the signing of a renegotiated trade deal would bring into effect changes straight away is a naive outlook on global economics

I'm looking at the broader picture, you want to look at the only subset at which you can grasp to to try to create a narrative.

It's predictable, boring and pointless.

I'm looking at the broader picture, you want to look at the only subset at which you can grasp to to try to create a narrative.

Pretty big subset isn't it, I wonder how many peoples lives have been affected

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/damage-riots-1b-most-expensive

• Advertisement

No you change the picture to twist things, stick to the subject at hand in future. I take all scenarios in isolation and dont view things blanketed like you do. Its either your side or your side with you. Open your mind it might be enlightening to take others views on board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement