Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

briany wrote: »
    The Christian right of the U.S.A. absolutely do not want separation of church and state.

If you allow Christian prayers you have to allow prayers of other faiths. I can't see them wanting that in the public system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Loads of videos on twitter of boarded up buildings.

Not a good sign.

The left arent going to take this well. I'm worried about the mental health of some here also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The left arent going to take this well. I'm worried about the mental health of some here also. :(

I think it’s cause trump won’t accept losing.
    His supporters could try to incite violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What is going on with all the boarded up buildings, is it really people thinking the Left or right are going to explode on each other or just the left going to wreck the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Research done into this "shy Donnie" voter's..

"As Kyle Dropp, Morning Consult’s chief research officer, summed it up for me, “We ran a large sample study that does not find any shy Trump voters exist at the national level for the 2020 matchup.” The firm also checked the results among respondents in battleground states, but there too found little sign of shy Trump voters."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-supporters-arent-shy-but-polls-could-still-be-missing-some-of-them/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,615 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's not "the left". Middle America will decide the election.

That's why Trump is losing bigly.

He needs something miraculous tomorrow.

538 article on how Donnie can still win..

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/im-here-to-remind-you-that-trump-can-still-win/

My own thinking, is that the more people that cast votes the less chance of having another 4 years of his shhhhit and that of the brigade that followed him.. I'm interested in where the GOP go after this, who walks in the foot steps after this.. I'm viewing it like Man Utd after Fergie retired.. they've sorted the lower courts, SCOTUS that's been the bigger winner for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

No, just a motivated base, a big system of voter suppression and a legal system stacked in his favour. A certain sections of the media willing to openly lie to push his narrative

He has all four.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ollkiller

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I've decided to try use up some annual leave this week & just realized it would coincide with the election night.

What time does the result generally get called over here? I woke up to Trump in 2016, but would be interested in seeing the results unfold, even if it means staying up late since I'm off work. Also any non-partisan sources to watch it on?

Anyone have info on this as I'm thinking of waiting up too. Would it be around 12 to 6 in the morning for exit polls/results.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I was born in the states so I get a vote. I voted for Biden. I lived in the US for the last election and for most of Trump's first term. I lived in a right wing state but even so the mood of the place changed not too long into Trump's Presidency.

People who were on the right but at least publicly spoke of being a centrist went all in on far right ideology. From just being pretty selfish and only caring about policies that affect them with little empathy for others to actively railing against anyone who does not line up with Trump and his views.

Having lived there for close to 10 years and been there through multiple elections to come back here just before our election here. The tone of the debates and the healthy skepticism of all politicians was a welcome change.

Living in a right wing state in the US has put me further left than when I lived in Ireland before...having said that up until the 2016 election, I was registered independent. I had to switch to Democrat to vote in the primaries (stupid system). If the state of the parties was healthier there, I would still be independent. If someone like John Kasich went up against Hillary, I may have even voted for him but last time around, I voted purely against Trump and that's what I did again. I'm not a Biden fan but anyone but Trump!

Same story but in SC it’s an open primary rule so you don’t need to affiliate with a party to vote in one (but only one) primary per cycle. Had to cut off relatives because they had become so vitriolic toward any differing politics from Trump, in one case a family member was at the stage of violent about their beliefs, a bunch of bile they’d absorbed through conservative talk radio and Fox News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,615 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ollkiller wrote: »
    Anyone have info on this as I'm thinking of waiting up too. Would it be around 12 to 6 in the morning for exit polls/results.

Yes. I think North Carolina will be the big state to watch early on as at least 80% of their vote will be done and dusted on closing at 12:30 Irish time.

Potentially a really good bellwether for how things might unfold later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yes. I think North Carolina will be the big state to watch early on as at least 80% of their vote will be done and dusted on closing at 12:30 Irish time.

Potentially a really good bellwether for how things might unfold later.
    It will certainly give an indication as to how accurate the polls are and from that can extrapolate predicted results that the news channels will then implement and call

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Its working class in the rust belt who will decide it.

What is going on with all the boarded up buildings, is it really people thinking the Left or right are going to explode on each other or just the left going to wreck the place.

The left have spent the last few months looting and rioting all around democratic cities so there is a real world fear they won't take Trump's victory well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

8-10 wrote: »
    If you allow Christian prayers you have to allow prayers of other faiths. I can't see them wanting that in the public system

When you're talking about the Christian right, it's implied that they're opposed to separation of their church and state. Suppression of other religions, on the other hand, isn't something they'd be opposed to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 ReaLDEaL323

why would anyone want creepy sleepy biden as president?

Mod

1 day ban for repeatedly ignoring mod instructions.

Toddlers.

Nah most are grown adults but they just can't think for themselves. Going to get ugly either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,002 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Research done into this "shy Donnie" voter's..
    "As Kyle Dropp, Morning Consult’s chief research officer, summed it up for me, “We ran a large sample study that does not find any shy Trump voters exist at the national level for the 2020 matchup.†The firm also checked the results among respondents in battleground states, but there too found little sign of shy Trump voters."
    This is the stupid side of the USA.
    We have a study to find out what shy voters will do. Lol.

Shy voters will never tell you what they are doing. There's no way to predict that accurately.

I'd imagine though that there's as many or more shy Biden voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The left have spent the last few months looting and rioting all around democratic cities so there is a real world fear they won't take Trump's victory well.

93% of the protests have been peaceful and many of those that were violent turned out to be right wing agitators.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote:
    93% of the protests have been peaceful and many of those that were violent turned out to be right wing agitators.
    Link to where you are getting 93% from please.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Link to where you are getting 93% from please.

It’s actually more than 93%.

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Smee_Again wrote:
    It’s actually more than 93%.

That's from September 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Smee_Again wrote: »

Tractor production Is up 47% in Ukraine this month.

Smee_Again wrote: »

It's a pity that showing peaceful marches does not garner the same ratings as video of people ram-raiding an electronics store, otherwise maybe the news media might not have so readily convinced a large swathe of the population that BLM was a violent movement. Or maybe they still would have. Lots of vested interest in de-legitimising the whole thing as much as possible.

They couldn't downplay the George Floyd killing because there is literal video of a police office kneeling on the handcuffed man's neck in broad daylight for nearly 9 minutes, killing him. No, they can't downplay that, but they can sure as hell attack the calls for reform, question the motives and actions of those doing it, and grossly exaggerating those engaging in violence under that banner.

BLM was being smeared as a violent movement way before September 5th.

So? It tracks over 2400 distinct locations where a protest took place, it being 2 months old doesn’t make it any less valid.

Here’s the original source.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

This is the stupid side of the USA.
    We have a study to find out what shy voters will do. Lol.

Shy voters will never tell you what they are doing. There's no way to predict that accurately.

I'd imagine though that there's as many or more shy Biden voters.

I'd hazard a guess at the last sentence as being false. The same as there was silent vote for Donnie in 16.

It's made up fluff from Donnie and the brigade..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »
    BLM was being smeared as a violent movement way before September 5th.

Before 2020 even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement