Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fúcking mental. To think that entire crowd were probably standing starry-eyed watching that video...

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1321158320695267328

Imagine Varadkar, Martin or Mary Lou doing stuff like that? Full mind control music videos. What the fúck is America?

Trump promotes his presidential campaigns in much the same way Vince McMahon promotes the next Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,615 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the fact that Biden was able to call upon Obama for support, whereas Trump had Nigel Farage at one of his rallies. I thought that was pretty telling. Idiots attract, I guess.

In the context of Brexit a Trump win would not be good for Ireland in terms of dealing with the neighbors. Brexiters want Trump for a trade deal.

Any Irish person supporting Trump is, by proxy, supporting Brexit tories who are at best ignorant about this country and at worst actively malicious in pursuing their aims.

I guess owning the libs is more important though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the fact that Biden was able to call upon Obama for support, whereas Trump had Nigel Farage at one of his rallies. I thought that was pretty telling. Idiots attract, I guess.

Trump has not been able to garner any support from.anyone noteworthy within the Republican Party, that alone should tell everyone how even his own people feel about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RWCNT wrote: »
    Trump promotes his presidential campaigns in much the same way Vince McMahon promotes the next Wrestlemania.

Not really a surprise given how long they have been friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Is it the 3rd of November the votes are counted, or are Americans voting on the 3rd? I know many people have already voted but I don't understand the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Is it the 3rd of November the votes are counted, or are Americans voting on the 3rd? I know many people have already voted but I don't understand the system

Both, but they won't be finished counting on the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Loads of videos on twitter of boarded up buildings.

Not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I find it strange how people can post stuff like this, as if this was what Trump might have been referring to. Anyone watching Trumps original comments at the press conference knows that Trump was just throwing stuff out there off the top of his head. Yea it was stupid, like a lot of what he says, but I don’t think we can realistically say he was actually meaning to ‘drink disinfectant’ or shove a UV light bulb up your ass.

Trump is known as someone who just wings it, does little to no research, won’t listen to experts and basically just thinks he knows everything.

Even his daily briefing is narrowed down like a child’s book, to try keep his attention. The funny thing is, if he had made even a modest attempt to embed himself into the role, stop acting on his gut instincts and actually surround himself with people who are qualified for their roles and give him proper advise, I think he would have walked this election.

As it is, I think he loses by a modest amount.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Loads of videos on twitter of boarded up buildings.

Not a good sign.

What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,452 ✭✭✭✭Penn

vojiwox wrote: »
    What's this?

People boarding up their businesses in advance of anticipated civil unrest regardless of who wins the election, which at this stage (given how likely a Biden victory is looking) could be Trump supporters upset Trump loses the election, or Biden supporters upset if Trump tries to contest the results to the Supreme Court if it looks like he's lost the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I've decided to try use up some annual leave this week & just realized it would coincide with the election night.

What time does the result generally get called over here? I woke up to Trump in 2016, but would be interested in seeing the results unfold, even if it means staying up late since I'm off work. Also any non-partisan sources to watch it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Penn wrote: »
    People boarding up their businesses in advance of anticipated civil unrest regardless of who wins the election, which at this stage (given how likely a Biden victory is looking) could be Trump supporters upset Trump loses the election, or Biden supporters upset if Trump tries to contest the results to the Supreme Court if it looks like he's lost the election.

Oh Americans love the drama.

They live in a culture of fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I find it strange how people can post stuff like this, as if this was what Trump might have been referring to. Anyone watching Trumps original comments at the press conference knows that Trump was just throwing stuff out there off the top of his head. Yea it was stupid, like a lot of what he says, but I don’t think we can realistically say he was actually meaning to ‘drink disinfectant’ or shove a UV light bulb up your ass.

Trump is known as someone who just wings it, does little to no research, won’t listen to experts and basically just thinks he knows everything.

Even his daily briefing is narrowed down like a child’s book, to try keep his attention. The funny thing is, if he had made even a modest attempt to embed himself into the role, stop acting on his gut instincts and actually surround himself with people who are qualified for their roles and give him proper advise, I think he would have walked this election.

As it is, I think he loses by a modest amount.

EasycomeEasygo's post is entirely invalidated by Trump telling everyone he was being sarcastic afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Oh Americans love the drama.

They live in a culture of fear.

The more interesting thing could be to watch Trump tweets during the night, where he has to find the right balance of getting states to call early if they favour him slightly, not call early if they don't, and manage around which states have mail-in ballots, and when they start getting counted.

I do expect him to walk up and announce victory, regardless of what happens or what state the polls are in, at least once.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

astrofool wrote: »
    The more interesting thing could be to watch Trump tweets during the night, where he has to find the right balance of getting states to call early if they favour him slightly, not call early if they don't, and manage around which states have mail-in ballots, and when they start getting counted.

I do expect him to walk up and announce victory, regardless of what happens or what state the polls are in, at least once

I think he absolutely will hold a press conference claiming victory if the early counts are in his favour.

The question is - How many of the networks will broadcast it?

And will Twitter/Facebook censor him if he posts "I'm the winner" when the result is still undecided?

astrofool wrote: »

I do expect him to walk up and announce victory, regardless of what happens or what state the polls are in, at least once.

I doubt we'll see the level of disruption like America had with the Black Lives Matter Protests.

The media hyping up a threat of violence.

Isn't most of the Trump supporters in the more sparsely populated areas.? Where exactly are they expecting violence? Is this just a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Trump is going to win this,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

I doubt we'll see the level of disruption like America had with the Black Lives Matter Protests.

Isn't most of the Trump supporters in the more sparsely populated areas.? Where exactly are they expecting violence? Is this just a joke?

Texas , Florida and also quite well supported in Cali ( https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-31/beverly-hills-pro-trump-protest) . Have a friend in MI said theres a lot of tension there atm and says things could easily simmer over if Trump claims election was rigged

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

With the Australian government issuing an official warning to aussies about the prospects of violence, I think it would be wise to consider they may have intelligence not publicly available and to not be too dismissive

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

...And then the dog licked your face you woke up.

• Advertisement

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    Texas , Florida and also quite well supported in Cali ( https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-31/beverly-hills-pro-trump-protest) . Have a friend in MI said theres a lot of tension there atm and says things could easily simmer over if Trump claims election was rigged

Many would regard this as another American drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Monmouth University Poll gives Biden a 7 point lead in Pennsylvania, this is down from early October when he had an 11 point lead. Margin of error +- 4.4

Not looking good for Trump.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He's really not

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump in full rant mode, only short of claiming Biden will eat your baby.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323030825072472065?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Lads, make your points without referring to the candidates as idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Username does not checkout..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was born in the states so I get a vote. I voted for Biden. I lived in the US for the last election and for most of Trump's first term. I lived in a right wing state but even so the mood of the place changed not too long into Trump's Presidency.

People who were on the right but at least publicly spoke of being a centrist went all in on far right ideology. From just being pretty selfish and only caring about policies that affect them with little empathy for others to actively railing against anyone who does not line up with Trump and his views.

Having lived there for close to 10 years and been there through multiple elections to come back here just before our election here. The tone of the debates and the healthy skepticism of all politicians was a welcome change.

Living in a right wing state in the US has put me further left than when I lived in Ireland before...having said that up until the 2016 election, I was registered independent. I had to switch to Democrat to vote in the primaries (stupid system). If the state of the parties was healthier there, I would still be independent. If someone like John Kasich went up against Hillary, I may have even voted for him but last time around, I voted purely against Trump and that's what I did again. I'm not a Biden fan but anyone but Trump!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

Many would regard this as another American drama.

A second American civil war would get great TV ratings. That's not even being facetious. The people working at 24 hour news stations would be horrified at the carnage, but loving their numbers.

That's the American Civil War 2: Brought to you by Gatorade. Quench some thirst.

Now, I'm not saying that it'll get to that point. It just sounds too alarmist, too sensational. A decided escalation between Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump groups, especially if it's close? Absolutely. Defining it as any kind of war would probably be a stretch, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Trump in full rant mode, only short of claiming Biden will eat your baby.

"ban prayer in public school"

Eh...shouldn't everyone want that? Separation of Church and State?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

8-10 wrote: »
    Eh...shouldn't everyone want that? Separation of Church and State?

The Christian right of the U.S.A. absolutely do not want separation of church and state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement