Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭3DataModem

dave1982 wrote: »
    Crazy people were allowed pre order with out a release date. r

Not that crazy. A lot of people were looking for delivery pre-Xmas, but not focussed on launch day.

The guys in the store I pre-ordered in were very honest about the fact that there was no guarantee. On 23rd August I was about 20th on the list for discless, and a few hundreth on the list for ones with disc drive.

When I called them a few weeks ago, they basically said that based on the stock they expected (not guaranteed) that my discless order should be filled no problem on launch day, and the other one some time after but - importantly - before Xmas.

I do feel sorry for those who *really* want a launch day console though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I was told in my store that I'd have a better chance of getting a console on launch day by upgrading to Level 3 and paying off my console early so yeah... feel pretty cheated tbh - was already L3 thanks to shopping there a lot.

Put down my deposits in early June, consoles are traded in and I have the console, games + accessories all paid off. No communication since because my store couldn't stay open so I'm completely in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I was told in my store that I'd have a better chance of getting a console on launch day by upgrading to Level 3

Wooooowww what a **** move from that person.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wooooowww what a **** move from that person.

Yeah I raised an eyebrow at that one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Any rough ideas on when stocks are likely to stabilize, so you can just walk into a shop and buy one?

I didn't even bother trying to pre order.

• Advertisement

Any rough ideas on when stocks are likely to stabilize, so you can just walk into a shop and buy one?

I didn't even bother trying to pre order.

I'd probably say you'd be looking at next year given the current demand and production/shipping constraints globally. You might find some luck with shops like Argos/Harvey Norman who haven't had pre-order systems live before then. Certainly outside the 90 day launch window they have I think you'd find them more commonly online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Got email from gamestop there saying that my ps5 order is included with the launch allocation. They want to assure me that a solution is in the works regarding the fulfillment of your order. We will be in contact again in the near future with further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Has anyone preordered stuff like this off Smyths before for delivery? Will they post it to you on release day, or do they post it ahead of release day so you receive it on release day?
    I think you be lucky to get it launch day you can't even track it till after 24 hours with DPD so probably friday or monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Hi, I got the attached update from GameStop Just now, has anyone who pre ordered very early received it too? Hoping its a sign that I might be in with a chance of getting my console before xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Got email from gamestop there saying that my ps5 order is included with the launch allocation. They want to assure me that a solution is in the works regarding the fulfillment of your order. We will be in contact again in the near future with further details.

Got mine too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

BlueEars wrote: »
    Hi, I got the attached update from GameStop Just now, has anyone who pre ordered very early received it too? Hoping its a sign that I might be in with a chance of getting my console before xmas!

You will get it at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

Got it too (pre ordered in Sept)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Just got the confirmation email for mine which I pre ordered on the 4th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Got mine too

Woohoo! On second reading I see that it confirms me for launch day, I missed that bit initially! I ordered on aug 18 so was 50/50 as to weather id get one

That's the 1 I got so least have 1 so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

WAL1992 wrote: »
    Got it too (pre ordered in Sept)

That is great. They obviously got more in than they expected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just got 2 email from gamestop both my
    Instore order in June and online order in September will both be available on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Push notifications come through from Amazon every so often. I got 2 today, one for Disc version and one for the charging station. I couldn't react in time to either so missed out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just got one! Whoop!!!

Nothing on the xbox preorder forum about xbox from gamestop I would of thought they would of came 1st but all I know is I will have a PS5 on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

rob808 wrote: »
    I think you be lucky to get it launch day you can't even track it till after 24 hours with DPD so probably friday or monday.

That might depend on where in the country you are, I've never had an issue with DPD being slow to deliver and have 3 or 4 deliveries a month from them. I'm in Dublin so maybe that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Got the mail too (june preorder in dundrum). One thing that I noted is they say launch allocation. Not launch day,
    Just prepping people that there might be a delay in it actually arriving (even if only postal delay)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Got the email also , positive sign that will have one before Xmas I would imagine

Connavar wrote: »
    Got the mail too (june preorder in dundrum). One thing that I noted is they say launch allocation. Not launch day,
    Just prepping people that there might be a delay in it actually arriving (even if only postal delay)

Well Dundrum is closed until 2nd December anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Well Dundrum is closed until 2nd December anyway
    People who asked in the shops were told in store pre orders would be mailed out if the store was closed. So it being open or not shouldnt matter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

rob808 wrote: »

Anyone here order from Smyths for the PS4 - did you guys receive on launch or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just got 2 email from gamestop both my
    Instore order in June and online order in September will both be available on launch day

If you don't want/need one I'll jump in the inevitable begging queue for one.

If you don't want/need one I'll jump in the inevitable begging queue for one.

Have a brother who is waiting to see if he gets his, if he does it'll go here at cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have a brother who is waiting to see if he gets his, if he does it'll go here at cost price

Disc or digital version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Just got an email from GameStop.

My two pre-orders in-store from 23rd August are included in launch allocation.

CHECK YOUR EMAILS!

Advertisement