Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Did anyone pre-order with curry’s?
    What’s the situation? I pre-ordered via curry’s in shop but they seemed quite vague on allocation.

Curious to know this too. I ordered in person in swords, but I read online afterwards that stores were told not to take orders after 1pm that day - I preordered around 1.15pm. It all went through for me and I received a receipt, but I can’t see any order number or any other unique code. No idea if I actually made the allocation or not. Maybe no one has an order number and they will do first come first served on the day.

I managed to secure an order in smyths anyway, so I’ll have that spare Curry’s pre-order available on the day, if it actually works. I won’t be dealing with PMs but I’ll drop a message back in here on the day of launch, once I know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Where: Limerick
    When: September
    Email: confirmed for launch

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Where:Kilkenny
    When: september 17th
    Email: didn't receive one.
    I understand some of us aren't getting one for launch but to not even get an email is pretty disappointing.
    Especially seeing as they have my money.
    If I don't hear anything before they can reopen I might just ask for a refund.

Where:Kilkenny
    When: september 17th
    Email: didn't receive one.
    I understand some of us aren't getting one for launch but to not even get an email is pretty disappointing.
    Especially seeing as they have my money.
    If I don't hear anything before they can reopen I might just ask for a refund.

Did you check junk or promotions tab as that is where mine was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Where: Swords, Dublin
    When: September 13th
    Email: Not confirmed for launch but no mention of receiving in 2021

Note: a friend ordered in same store a few days later and had it confirmed for launch.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Has anyone with a preorder from in store,I preordered mine in Tullamore,not heard a thing today?

Pre ordered in gamestop Stephens green last year I got confirmation email to say my order is included with the launch allocation .

campo wrote: »
    Did you check junk or promotions tab as that is where mine was

Yea just didn't get one. So have no idea where I stand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I got no email at all, not even 100% sure my card has an email linked to it. Guess I’m screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Where: Limerick, William St (in-store)
    When: Mid(?) July
    Email: Confirmed for launch allocation
    Type: Disc

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Where: Wexford Town(instore)
    When: Start of June
    Email: Confirmed for launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭3DataModem

(note; you should include whether its digital or standard, the digital waiting lists are MUCH shorter)
    (below applies to both digital and standard edition)

Where: Blanchardstown (in-store)
    When: 23rd August
    Email: Confirmed for Launch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

How confident are we that Amazon has limited their preorders to launch stock? Has there been any communication from them at all?

Mine says “arriving 19 November” so hopefully that’s a good sign. Parcel Motel will no doubt add a couple of days to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭McFly85

How confident are we that Amazon has limited their preorders to launch stock? Has there been any communication from them at all?

Mine says “arriving 19 November” so hopefully that’s a good sign. Parcel Motel will no doubt add a couple of days to that

I’d say you’re fine with Amazon, like Smyths once their initial stock went they stopped allowing users to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

We have started to communicate with customers regarding the status of their console orders.

If you have not yet received a communication from us, please be patient as these are being sent in waves.

We would also recommend checking spam folders as this communication may have been flagged depending on your inbox settings.

Kind Regards,

Colin │ Customer Service Omni Channel Support

For anyone, (like myself), that hasn't heard anything at all yet form Gamestop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I havent got one for release day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I contacted Smyths to ask about cancelled pre-orders and was only really able to get the company line out of them....that the system shows the fulfillment of pre-orders as being completely allocated. When pushed about cancelled pre-orders, telling them I know there have been some, they just said to keep an eye out on the website closer to the launch date as available stock will appear there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Curious to know this too. I ordered in person in swords, but I read online afterwards that stores were told not to take orders after 1pm that day - I preordered around 1.15pm. It all went through for me and I received a receipt, but I can’t see any order number or any other unique code. No idea if I actually made the allocation or not. Maybe no one has an order number and they will do first come first served on the day.

I managed to secure an order in smyths anyway, so I’ll have that spare Curry’s pre-order available on the day, if it actually works. I won’t be dealing with PMs but I’ll drop a message back in here on the day of launch, once I know what the story is.

My receipt has a few numbers where I purchased the pre order it says

1 X 000007272939 @ 5.00.
    Customer to collect at store undated.

(By the way that number is fake but this could be a unique identifier)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Just got a text message, no email, from Gamestop to say no confirmation of delivery date and wont be at launch....
    Well if anyone knows where a lad might pick one up, feel free to give me a shout haha

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Just got a text message, no email, from Gamestop to say no confirmation of delivery date and wont be at launch....
    Well if anyone knows where a lad might pick one up, feel free to give me a shout haha
    I'm in the same boat. Just got a text there. I might try argos for one and get a refund if I get sorted that way.
    If not I guess its wait.

I got through to Gamestop support and after countless back and forths with copy and paste responses, they have ensured me that the allocation was done accurately even though I pre ordered 3 days before my friend who ordered in the same store and has been guaranteed one on launch.

Absolutely clueless. The Swords branch won't open until after lockdown so I can't contact them at all. Very disappointed to say the least

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    I got through to Gamestop support and after countless back and forths with copy and paste responses, they have ensured me that the allocation was done accurately even though I pre ordered 3 days before my friend who ordered in the same store and has been guaranteed one on launch.

Absolutely clueless. The Swords branch won't open until after lockdown so I can't contact them at all. Very disappointed to say the least

Did ye order the same version ? or for example did your mate go to discless and you order the disc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What are people doing re a click and collect with Smyths if you live in a different county to the store? I’m in Cavan and Smyths is in Navan, Co. Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Lemlin wrote: »
    What are people doing re a click and collect with Smyths if you live in a different county to the store? I’m in Cavan and Smyths is in Navan, Co. Meath.

They are giving away the pre-orders to people in the county, I'll take that off you if you want to send me the details. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Got no contact whatsoever, fun times. No way to contact the specific store is nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lemlin wrote: »

I went to another county today to smyths to collect an order. Lock me up!

campo wrote: »
    Did ye order the same version ? or for example did your mate go to discless and you order the disc version?

Who knows to be honest. We both ordered digital but when I was in there before lockdown, they said they put me to disc because they felt the digital allocation would already be gone and that if I wanted to go to digital, I'd go to the back of the queue so I said leave me on disc then. They also told me that those who ordered digital would be asked if they wanted the disc instead so as to free up more digital versions for other people in the queue.

It's all been such a mess. It also looks like if I just pre ordered online when the price was released, I'd have had a better chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Berty wrote: »
    I went to another county today to smyths to collect an order. Lock me up!

Nothing special about today but November 19th when hundreds queue outside stores, it may attract unwanted attention

Slight difference

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nothing special about today but November 19th when hundreds queue outside stores, it may attract unwanted attention

Slight difference

I don't think so. Hundreds maybe but spread across many counties. I doubt my own store is getting very many to have major queues. I think we had our fill of queue victimising months back with pictures of queues at B&Q, Penneys and Woodies etc making the news.

Don't see it happening much again, people want shops open from what I see and hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I rang my local GameStop today. I ordered on the fourth of July and I have paid in full for my PS5. They td me to contact support as I should have gotten an email.
    I contacted support, they told me that the emails are going out in waves, I just have to wait.
    Donkey balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don’t Know if it’s been mentioned but my girlfriend works in Argos and have been told they won’t be getting stock in for release.

Don’t know if it just certain Irish stores that are doing this. Dublin might be different.

Advertisement