Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Synode wrote: »
    Just realised the email about the preorder I got from Gamestop says they've got confirmation they won't be able to fulfil it until 2021. I ordered online a few days after they opened for preorders (missed the boat)

What dates did the online pre orders start? I ordered in store mid August but haven't heard anything at all and the staff hadn't a clue whenever I asked. Hoping im in with a chance as I havent had an email saying otherwise but who knows at this stage. Has anyone who ordered instore got the email saying they cant get one till 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

BlueEars wrote: »
    What dates did the online pre orders start? I ordered in store mid August but haven't heard anything at all and the staff hadn't a clue whenever I asked. Hoping im in with a chance as I havent had an email saying otherwise but who knows at this stage. Has anyone who ordered instore got the email saying they cant get one till 2021?

I called the shop I preordered and they told me the cutoffs were different in each shop depending on volume and on model.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I seem to remember with PS4 and PS3 launch dates in November with very limited availability and then 2-3 weeks before Xmas you could pick them up anywhere.

Could be wrong but could be another marketing ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We will no doubt have a better idea come the US launch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭jj880

I live 40 miles from my nearest big town with argos / smyths / currys etc. I have no problem cutting it fine into december for a ps5 as long as travel restrictions for click and collect are relaxed at the end of this 6 weeks of level 5 so I can get an alternative if needs be.

If restrictions arent relaxed I dont fancy relying on a home delivery to arrive before xmas any time after 10th December.

I know people have said just tell the gardai you are going to an essential retailer etc. Im not getting into that debate again as it did go overboard previously. Time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll need everyone who pre-ordered with GS after they opened it online a few weeks back to come back and report here if they got one on launch. I have a mental angry email ready for GS if I can't get one having pre-ordered in July, so I'll need ammo to go at them if people who pre-ordered after me get it before me! I've stuck with GS all along, defended them at times and I'm well aware of their pricing practices, but always found them good to deal with (most stores, I've visited a few other stores and can see where the terrible service comes from). But if I don't get one on release, it'll end any shopping in there ever again.

Less than 4 weeks away and still don't know if I'm getting one. Starting to get thick at this stage, but I'll also be watching Argos/HN like a hawk on the 18th just in case. I work nights, so my waking days are 4pm-9am, if it means having 4 laptops open with 4 different sites and staring at them for 12 hours, I'll fecking do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I'll need everyone who pre-ordered with GS after they opened it online a few weeks back to come back and report here if they got one on launch. I have a mental angry email ready for GS if I can't get one having pre-ordered in July, so I'll need ammo to go at them if people who pre-ordered after me get it before me! I've stuck with GS all along, defended them at times and I'm well aware of their pricing practices, but always found them good to deal with (most stores, I've visited a few other stores and can see where the terrible service comes from). But if I don't get one on release, it'll end any shopping in there ever again.

Less than 4 weeks away and still don't know if I'm getting one. Starting to get thick at this stage, but I'll also be watching Argos/HN like a hawk on the 18th just in case. I work nights, so my waking days are 4pm-9am, if it means having 4 laptops open with 4 different sites and staring at them for 12 hours, I'll fecking do it!
    why don't you email gamestop or try contacting them on Twitter see if they will answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Problem is you're number X on your locals list and that's all that matters.

GS are probably going to allocated their total stock based on demand, every store only get's X% of their pre-ordered or % before a certain date.

You might be pre-order #51 in your local store and they only get 50 consoles, while someone else who pre-ordered ages after you in their local in September might get one.

Do you know what number you are and out of how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not a clue. I haven't contacted them in a couple of weeks because the updates people are giving on here are basically the same as what the store was telling me, so I've no doubt they're still in the dark like all the other stores. I pre-ordered in July, and was told it was close to the 100 mark at that stage, but wasn't split between digital and disc, and he reckoned a lot more people went digital, whereas I want the disc one.

I might give them a shout on Tuesday just to see if they have any update. Maybe I should re-phrase my question, if anyone who pre-ordered for Click and Collect in Limerick when the site went live gets one, please post here. I just want to see if they fulfill all pre-website orders first, which is only fair imo (not in the scheme of taking pre-orders early, but because they were taking them early they should honor those first).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

To be fair, I'm in a similar boat, I preordered in Feb in Dundrum and have no idea what my odds are of getting it. I've emailed them earlier today after getting a bit annoyed about it (from a dream of all things where I didn't get one :P ) so if there is any difference in the message, I'll let you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Not a clue. I haven't contacted them in a couple of weeks because the updates people are giving on here are basically the same as what the store was telling me, so I've no doubt they're still in the dark like all the other stores. I pre-ordered in July, and was told it was close to the 100 mark at that stage, but wasn't split between digital and disc, and he reckoned a lot more people went digital, whereas I want the disc one.

I might give them a shout on Tuesday just to see if they have any update. Maybe I should re-phrase my question, if anyone who pre-ordered for Click and Collect in Limerick when the site went live gets one, please post here. I just want to see if they fulfill all pre-website orders first, which is only fair imo (not in the scheme of taking pre-orders early, but because they were taking them early they should honor those first).
    Which gamestop in limerick? as im no 2 on list on parkway and they have no idea if I would get 1 at launch and to be met by asarcastic comment of prepare not to get so if you do you will be surprised. I pre-ordered last November and online are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd be curious how this works. do they have separate lists for digital and disc? If they run out of the one you want by the time they get to you, will they offer you the other or just skip you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's an interesting point - if they started taking pre-orders last year, they didn't even know there were going to be two separate SKUs at that point. Have they been in touch with those customers to clarify their pre-orders since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hopefully with this lockdown now mates can't put consoles aside for friends and family who pre ordered after others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    That's an interesting point - if they started taking pre-orders last year, they didn't even know there were going to be two separate SKUs at that point. Have they been in touch with those customers to clarify their pre-orders since?

I ordered in June in store and went up to lay money off and told them it was for digital version, they told me all instore preorders were for disc version as they didn't know there would be 2 versions at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I ordered in June in store and went up to lay money off and told them it was for digital version, they told me all instore preorders were for disc version as they didn't know there would be 2 versions at the time

Yeah same in Stephens green, chap said it was the disc version you wanted and I said yes and he said that's good as other person who was high up the list said he wanted the discless version so they had to say if you want that you will have to go to the end of the discless q even tho high up in the disc ps5 q. Like you said when they started to take orders from last year they only thought 1 console and not 2. So anyone who put 50 deposit down was for the disc version unless you stated otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know it's been said before but Jesus, Gamestop pulled their whole preorder fiasco straight from their arse. I'm so glad Wing posted the smyths preorder when they did, so glad i didn't have to be dealing with Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭klose

I thought it odd myself when gamestop were taking preorders before anything was officially announced, I can't help but feel they've taking on waaaay more than they can accommodate for and are gonna be a lot of disappointed people this side of the new year, hopefully in wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

klose wrote: »
    I thought it odd myself when gamestop were taking preorders before anything was officially announced, I can't help but feel they've taking on waaaay more than they can accommodate for and are gonna be a lot of disappointed people this side of the new year, hopefully in wrong.

I'd assume it's more Sony playing hardball and trying to bend them over what with their deal with Microsoft (https://news.microsoft.com/2020/10/08/gamestop-announces-multiyear-strategic-partnership-with-microsoft/)

I have zero doubt Sony are diverting stock that would have gone to GS to other companies.

Although the deal was announced at start of October, course the deal would have been in discussion for months beforehand. GS no doubt went to Sony with their hand out for similar deal before settling exclusively on MS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s no need for corporate conspiracy theories: it’s observable reality that GameStop took pre-orders well before official pre-orders were available, and have also taken deposits for consoles they can’t guarantee in 2020 (acknowledged on their own website). It’s as simple as that - any issues they face next month are of their own making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

There’s no need for conspiracy theories: it’s observable reality that GameStop took pre-orders well before official pre-orders were available, and have also taken deposits for consoles they can’t guarantee in 2020 (acknowledged on their own website). It’s as simple as that - any issues they face next month are of their own making.

> it’s observable reality that GameStop took pre-orders well before official pre-orders were available,

Lol!

It's also observable reality that these are things they have done for every other release(games & hardware) in the past 2 decades.

> any issues they face next month are of their own making
    Absolutely, I'm not saying otherwise.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know it's been said before but Jesus, Gamestop pulled their whole preorder fiasco straight from their arse. I'm so glad Wing posted the smyths preorder when they did, so glad i didn't have to be dealing with Gamestop.

You haven't got anything from smyths yet :)

I'd assume it's more Sony playing hardball and trying to bend them over what with their deal with Microsoft (https://news.microsoft.com/2020/10/08/gamestop-announces-multiyear-strategic-partnership-with-microsoft/)

I have zero doubt Sony are diverting stock that would have gone to GS to other companies.

Although the deal was announced at start of October, course the deal would have been in discussion for months beforehand. GS no doubt went to Sony with their hand out for similar deal before settling exclusively on MS

It won't be diverted to smyths anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well i feel a lot more comfortable than if i was in a Gamestop queue instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

I also feel the fact that Smyths was able to do a second round of Pre-Orders and tweeted to say that more may be on the way but can't confirm, are good signs that anyone who received pre-ordered confirmation will get the console.

:)

Kamu wrote: »
    I also feel the fact that Smyths was able to do a second round of Pre-Orders and tweeted to say that more may be on the way but can't confirm, are good signs that anyone who received pre-ordered confirmation will get the console.

:)

Nah I think they're having you on, gamestop is the the best

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What we don't realise is Smyths is actually just selling us a place on the Gamestop queue

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Smyth's already confirmed all pre-orders are for day one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Kremin wrote: »
    Smyth's already confirmed all pre-orders are for day one?

Yes they have

Something the other company had messed up hugely on

How anyone can genuinely defend GS’s handling of preorders is insane

They deserve all the flack they get

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yes they have

Something the other company had messed up hugely on

How anyone can genuinely defend GS’s handling of preorders is insane

They deserve all the flack they get

I can defend it because I'm getting mine, people just seem a little sore that they didn't get on the preorder quick enough with GS

Advertisement