Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Random question , I’ve a PS5 preordered in Smyths for click and collect , and I’ve also another controller ordered too. The controller is due to be released on the 12th. Will they hold the controller till the 19th does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Random question , I’ve a PS5 preordered in Smyths for click and collect , and I’ve also another controller ordered too. The controller is due to be released on the 12th. Will they hold the controller till the 19th does anyone know?
    cancel the controller
    and the preorder it again and do home delivery you have it ready to use when you pick up the ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

bigron2109 wrote: »

I have the charging dock which is out on the 12th preorders. On the website it says any preorders will be held until 1st December so I think we should be fine to pick both up on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

rob808 wrote: »
    cancel the controller
    and the preorder it again and do home delivery you have it ready to use when you pick up the ps5.

Good thinking 👍👍👍

A phone shop in Ennis have ps5 for sale Innovate Ennis it’s called but they want €550 upfront I could pay by card but I’m scared to just incase you know

He said he’ll have them by December first week and he has 90 this morning and only 40 left.

What should I do looks like a scam to me sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Dunno what Smyths are gonna do that day between everyone getting a console then all other orders for toys. Has the potential to be a mess.

A phone shop in Ennis have ps5 for sale Innovate Ennis it’s called but they want €550 upfront I could pay by card but I’m scared to just incase you know

He said he’ll have them by December first week and he has 90 this morning and only 40 left.

What should I do looks like a scam to me sadly

Think you've answered your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

A friend of mine asked about getting a PS5 for his son for Xmas. Is he too late or what would people advise? Is he likely to get one? Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

bailey99 wrote: »
    A friend of mine asked about getting a PS5 for his son for Xmas. Is he too late or what would people advise? Is he likely to get one? Thanks.

Only chance he has is argos on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TealPanda

For anyone still looking, saw on Twitter that Smyths are saying they hope to have more PS5s available on release day for people who haven't a pre-order yet, but they can't guarantee it.

I can't link to their Tweet because I'm new, but here's a copy/paste of their reply to someone who asked:

"Hey! We are expecting the PS5 to be in stock on November 19th for people who couldn't get their hands on a pre-order. But unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that. Please keep an eye on our social media and website for future stock allocations :)"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

TealPanda wrote:
    "Hey! We are expecting the PS5 to be in stock on November 19th for people who couldn't get their hands on a pre-order. But unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that. Please keep an eye on our social media and website for future stock allocations "

TealPanda wrote:
    I can't link to their Tweet because I'm new, but here's a copy/paste of their reply to someone who asked:

TealPanda wrote:
    For anyone still looking, saw on Twitter that Smyths are saying they hope to have more PS5s available on release day for people who haven't a pre-order yet, but they can't guarantee it.

Queues will be mental. At least only people who have click and collect confirmed should be there..

• Advertisement

bailey99 wrote: »
    Although they will be hard to get hold of, it will be possible.

Sony aren't shutting the factories down after launch, they will keep making them and getting them to shops as fast as they can. I expect about 1m units to be available on launch day, and a further 2-3m units reaching stores in the subsequent weeks. There's a full 5 weeks between launch and xmas, there will be multiple waves of restocking.

It's not going to be the case that you can stroll into a game store and see a big stack of units. But it will be doable. It will take effort - checking sites, watching threads like this, being ready to order immediately. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TealPanda

Queues will be mental. At least only people who have click and collect confirmed should be there..

At a complete guess, I'd think if they have more stock on release day, you'll have to order for click and collect online given that the stores are only open for collection during level 5. But just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

TealPanda wrote: »

"Hey! We are expecting the PS5 to be in stock on November 19th for people who couldn't get their hands on a pre-order. But unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that. Please keep an eye on our social media and website for future stock allocations :)"

Where are you seeing that tweet? They posted this a few weeks back

https://twitter.com/AskSmythsToys/status/1311255862263140352

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I’m sure that they will release the ones not collected but since they extended that until the end of the lockdown then that won’t be until the start of December

Wouldn’t imagine they will have loads but there’s definitely a few ordered as a Plan B (because payment is more or less at time of release)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Im looking for a preorder if anyone has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

FarOn wrote: »
    Im looking for a preorder if anyone has one.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058125033

• Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭klose

I assume argos are getting stock at some stage seeing as they have a picture of a ps5 on their homepage, probably our last hope for a launch day console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

klose wrote: »
    I assume argos are getting stock at some stage seeing as they have a picture of a ps5 on their homepage, probably our last hope for a launch day console.

But will they be open on launch day with level 5 in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mutley18 wrote: »

For click and collect yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Synode wrote: »
    For click and collect yes

Happy days, there is hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mutley18 wrote: »

The key question is what time the stock goes live on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭jj880

"Don't wait till midnight. Be watching Argos website every minute from when the shops close the evening before launch day. They can go live at anytime after the shops close on the 18th since they can't be picked up until shops open on the 19th. As I mentioned here before, I've seen items go live on their website at 10pm the day before release."

Good post in the main ps5 thread about a week ago. Might be worth adding to the sticky thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

At any point after the shops close on the 18th until they open on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

What’s the story with GameStop Instore preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    What’s the story with GameStop Instore preorders?

The shops that are doing clock and collect (only a time amount) are fine

The rest... well who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The shops that are doing clock and collect (only a time amount) are fine

The rest... well who knows

Yeah don’t even know if I’m in the 1st batch or not theres no one to ask

Just realised the email about the preorder I got from Gamestop says they've got confirmation they won't be able to fulfil it until 2021. I ordered online a few days after they opened for preorders (missed the boat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Synode wrote: »
    Just realised the email about the preorder I got from Gamestop says they've got confirmation they won't be able to fulfil it until 2021. I ordered online a few days after they opened for preorders (missed the boat)

You joined a queue so yeah I wouldnt expect it this year. The actual preorders sold out within 30 mins on the night that they revealed prices. Queue started after that so if you ordered a few days after it then you are well low down in the queue.

• Advertisement

It's Argos or 2021 so

Advertisement