Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just hope schools stay open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Think its all a bit overblown (unless i get it bad I suppose)
    But I think its the inconsistent,contradictory nature of the restrictions that have made people ignore them.
    For example was in Dublin Saturday morning and on way home garda checkpoint on dual carriageway.Big roadwork signs pushing 3 lanes into 2,flashing boards telling hgvs to keep right.I kept right in car as did many others and only those foolish enough to keep to the leftmost lane had to stop.
    Could someone please explain what that waste of approx 10 Garda was all in aid of.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just hope schools stay open

Pointless having a lockdown with open schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Hardly learning to live with it at level 5. Paralysing the country for a unknown period of time .level 3 restrictions not yet 2weeks in.

The economy is about more than individual greed and capitalism.virus is weaker now and more infectious.very one sided commentary heard on media,especially when media are driving this more than the reality. Doesn't make for any level of balanced thinking in decision making.

Hope schools stay open too
    Put up question on club whats app Friday night re whether parents were happy for us to continue training
    It was 100% positive ie keep training going as long as its allowed.No one worried about contact etc.
    And before anyone asks no peer pressure as all were aked to reply privately and not on public group.That was approx 80/90 parents with a 70/80% reply rate

• Advertisement

If schools are closed kids are going to hang around , no madks etc. At least at school they are in pods and so far it's working ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Put up question on club whats app Friday night re whether parents were happy for us to continue training
    It was 100% positive ie keep training going as long as its allowed.No one worried about contact etc.
    And before anyone asks no peer pressure as all were aked to reply privately and not on public group.That was approx 80/90 parents with a 70/80% reply rate

And this folks is why the virus is spreading, "keep training going as long as its allowed, no one worried about contact", jesus wept

If you believe that,you must believe nphet aren't telling the truth regarding schools and the spread of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

L4 here in Cavan and serious the business that are remaining opened.

Toy shops open and busy.
    JD Sports.

Local clothes shops open, they got in safety boots viz vests and now classified as essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Unions will have a fit if they try to keep the schools open the are allready looking at strike action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Training Is one thing - not sure about county and club matches still going ahead...

Think they are too much of a driver for get togethers & celebrations...

_Brian wrote: »
    L4 here in Cavan and serious the business that are remaining opened.

Toy shops open and busy.
    JD Sports.

Local clothes shops open, they got in safety boots viz vests and now classified as essential.

FFS that's criminal, that's why we're going to L5 because of cowboys like that trying to find ways 'round the restrictions, if we all pulled together and abide by the rules we could surpress this thing in 6 - 8 weeks but the way things are going it'll be well into next year before we start to see light at the end of the tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

GoneHome wrote: »
    At the end of the day people's health is more important than any economic consequences really, that's what it boils down to.

I wonder how long we can keep saying this for?

We had training the other night, no contact, kids need to be out .
    Yesterday we had an fai rep to our soccer club for goalkeeper training. 12 kids 2 coaches, young lad still on a high. All protocols in place. Why stop this sort of stuff. No games, but kids need to be out .

And this folks is why the virus is spreading, "keep training going as long as its allowed, no one worried about contact", jesus wept

Well - in our case, the kids are small and meeting the same kids in school as at training...
    So not much difference to school...

I do think it’s different for older players. I wouldn’t be a fan of people travelling distances to train with the local team - not sure that’s happening or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Interesting development in Sweden, now moving towards restrictions.
    https://twitter.com/Nutradvance/status/1317925957278289921?s=19

Well the kids would have less contact with each other than they have in school
    Does the school take their temperature as they enter,does the school or the parents supervise them 100% of the time etc?
    Its non contact training for an hour a week with no matchin training.
    It's corona virus people are worried about not the bubonic plague

We had training the other night, no contact, kids need to be out .
    Yesterday we had an fai rep to our soccer club for goalkeeper training. 12 kids 2 coaches, young lad still on a high. All protocols in place. Why stop this sort of stuff. No games, but kids need to be out .

But that's the whole problem, it was only "a kids training camp", it was only "meeting a mate in the gym", it was only "meeting a friend for coffee while sitting outside", it's all these little interactions that are spreading the virus, can people not see that.

But that's the whole problem, it was only "a kids training camp", it was only "meeting a mate in the gym", it was only "meeting a friend for coffee while sitting outside", it's all these little interactions that are spreading the virus, can people not see that.

Temperature is taken before training session. Hands washed and and sanitized before they go on the pitch. All protocol in place. What more do you want them to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

That's a little harsh can you not see there's no way of getting rid of this now, the ship has sailed for zero covid. We're just buying time until a vaccine comes along. How do we do this? Endless lockdowns?

• Advertisement

Temperature is taken before training session. Hands washed and and sanitized before they go on the pitch. All protocol in place. What more do you want them to do?

I think the answer is stay at home Whelan :)

Kids training - I don’t know, when the schools are still open it’s a difficult one to judge...

The other examples GoHome - cafe, gym, think they should all be closed for a few weeks... go take away if they can...

I think we have to go to level 5 myself...

Enjoyed listening to gaa commentary on radio and the couple of games on tv yesterday and today. Took me away from covid anyway for awhile. (I don't make the rules on games going ahead before anyone levels it at me.)

In the real world people are getting on with it as far as I can see.Like I said not one parent had expressed any reservation re their child attending.

Ahh maybe stay at home and have zero interaction with other people, that's why we're going to level 5, as my previous post said it's these mundane little interactions that are spreading the virus regardless of temperature checks etc and how "safe" you think they are, that's level 2 or 3 stuff which with the rising figures have proved to be ineffective

Kids training - I don’t know, when the schools are still open it’s a difficult one to judge...

The other examples GoHome - cafe, gym, think they should all be closed for a few weeks... go take away if they can...

At this stage though do we not have to try to live with the virus but keep to the protocols? I do not see the harm of non contact training outdoors keeping to protocol. It's good for the kids mentally

ruwithme wrote: »
    Enjoyed listening to gaa commentary on radio and the couple of games on tv yesterday and today. Took me away from covid anyway for awhile. (I don't make the rules on games going ahead before anyone levels it at me.)

I have heard of a few instances of matches being the reasons for sessions in a few different parts of the country...

I can see how they could - it’s always been that way to celebrate a big win...

That’s why the GAA should have pulled the pin on them ages ago...

I have heard of a few instances of matches being the reasons for sessions in a few different parts of the country...

In fairness I dont think kids training sessions are spreading ,it's the adults letting the sport down

Looking more and more like the Government will tighten things up tomorrow.
    To be honest not really bothered at this stage as 99% of it has no effect on me.
    Miss going for a pint but that ship has long sailed and not likely to be back in port this side of next Spring.
    Other than that as long as schools remain open I can honestly say that life would be the same next week as the 3rd week of October 2019.
    Ok no soccer games on a Saturday morning but thats about it I think

Have to agree with you here, I'm a big GAA supporter myself but I think it's the height of madness still holding games with the way things are going with the virus numbers, a prime example was the situation with the Fermanagh team during the week.

• Advertisement

At this stage though do we not have to try to live with the virus but keep to the protocols? I do not see the harm of non contact training outdoors keeping to protocol. It's good for the kids mentally

I think we should go to level 5, try to get it back under control...

I also think we should track down what caused clusters in places over the past few weeks, and put something in place if they happen again - fines or arrests if needed...
    So once(if) we get the numbers done again, if we see them creeping again in some place, and if the reasons are people not adhering to the protocols they get stuck with a decent fine...

Advertisement