Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

8 weeks folks!

Got myself the disc console and a headset on preorder, and planning to order Miles M and Demon Souls too. Oh, and AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk to play whatever super up ps4 version/update is available. That's a damn good 4 game launch lineup in my book (even if ps4 versions also available for 3 of em).

Feck it, new consoles only come along once every 7 or so years, I say jump on board the hype train and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Markitron wrote: »
    Can't imagine many others knew. They were all taken by people either on this forum or friends of people on the forum. I pre-ordered one and clued in 3 friends.

I wasn't even planning on buying one at all at launch but just happened to Google search the PS5 after the launch video and Smyths popped up and saw the preorder window open so I said I'd order once for collect. Had no idea how hard they would be to get 2 hours later. But I'm glad I have one secured now as I just wasn't happy with the Xbox, especially after the Call of Duty Alpha was exclusive to the PlayStation and I had to sit on the sidelines, so that won't be happening anymore. Was looking for an opportunity to offload the Xbox and this is the best time.

Scalpers are gutter trash and are exploiting people's desperation and it's just pure greed. I secured two preorders for the PS5 on Smyths and could have profited from the second one but that's just wrong. I cancelled the second one as I no longer needed it to give someone else the same chance I got to play it on release day, saving someone from going broke before Christmas to secure one.

What I do with scalpers on Ebay is win their auction with fake accounts but don't pay, that causes them to have to pay Ebay a listing fee, the have to pay again to realist it so they keep losing money to fake bids. That's what most of those bids are, fake bids to take money from the scalpers and into the hands of eBay

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

I didn't think the drop would be that drastic! Was hoping for at least 200. Feck that, will try sell on Facebook marketplace so.

That's nuts! The Xbox One S is still 150. I was going to wait until the Call of Duty Beta came out but might be wise to offload now before these consoles are worth nothing. Didn't expect a price drop until the end of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

loughrey wrote: »
    I wasn't even planning on buying one at all at launch but just happened to Google search the PS5 after the launch video and Smyths popped up and saw the preorder window open so I said I'd order once for collect. Had no idea how hard they would be to get 2 hours later. But I'm glad I have one secured now as I just wasn't happy with the Xbox, especially after the Call of Duty Alpha was exclusive to the PlayStation and I had to sit on the sidelines, so that won't be happening anymore. Was looking for an opportunity to offload the Xbox and this is the best time.

To be honest after Microsoft buying Bethesda studios I am really excited there. Didn't give the xbox one x the just deserves when I had it as I played the ps4 75% of the time but on the pass generations I would of been more xbox. Only console I never bought was the ps3. Here once both consoles do awesome games that's the main thing. Love both of them so wouldn't bash either one at the end of the day. Ha just roll out the ps5 slim down the line this ps5 is going to be a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Here once both consoles do awesome games that's the main thing. Love both of them so wouldn't bash either one at the end of the day.

Totally agree. My worry though is that in terms of graphics, power etc, neither can really beat the other by all that much to make a difference, so Sony's tactic seems to be buying exclusivity in terms of extra content or timed releases, while MS could just be outright buying up big studios. Each is essentially trying to take something from the other. I think so long as neither go overboard, its all good. If MS were to start buying more big studios though, I'd find that pretty sh*tty to be honest.

If the games I want to play all go to Xbox, thats where I'll go too. But friendly competition is better for the consumer, and choice is vitally important. If MS use their war chest to take more big mutliplatform franchises/studios, I see that as bad for the consumer. Most players will end up having to go to xbox rather than wanting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Markitron wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to order Demon's Souls for not €80, as much as I want it, paying that amount is borderline extortionate.

Its steep to be sure, but as a long time Souls player I'd pay €100 :D - especially with Bluepoint developing it. Pre-ordered my disc version from Symths at earliest availablity.

Penn wrote: »
    Totally agree. My worry though is that in terms of graphics, power etc, neither can really beat the other by all that much to make a difference, so Sony's tactic seems to be buying exclusivity in terms of extra content or timed releases, while MS could just be outright buying up big studios. Each is essentially trying to take something from the other. I think so long as neither go overboard, its all good. If MS were to start buying more big studios though, I'd find that pretty sh*tty to be honest.

If the games I want to play all go to Xbox, thats where I'll go too. But friendly competition is better for the consumer, and choice is vitally important. If MS use their war chest to take more big mutliplatform franchises/studios, I see that as bad for the consumer. Most players will end up having to go to xbox rather than wanting to.
    Of course go where the games are for sure just think Microsoft will have a lot this time round now. Just imagine what they would of had if they had of bought this studio 2 years before the new console was out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Video wrote: »
    i love sony but they're making some really bad moves over the last week or two .

Expected this as the deluxe edition of the new one comes with the PS4 version, would take away a lot of that bonus if they gave it free for everyone on last gen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

€80 is a lot but I remember paying €70 for new releases nearly 20 years ago, inflation calculator says that would now be worth €89.01

I remember purchasing a new game when I just got a PS2 in 2002. I was so excited picking which game to buy and it turned out to be an easy choice when I spotted Spyro: Enter the Dragofly for sale, I loved Spyro on the PS1. It cost €70, which was a lot of money for a young fella but even that couldn't dissuade me. I believe I even choose it over MGS2 and FFX.

I knew within the first half hour that I had made a big mistake. What a pile of sh!t that game was, Gamespot gave it 2.8.

I've a feeling that people paying €80 for Demon's Soul's will not be as disappointed as I was back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

€80 is a lot but I remember paying €70 for new releases nearly 20 years ago, inflation calculator says that would now be worth €89.01

I remember purchasing a new game when I just got a PS2 in 2002. I was so excited picking which game to buy and it turned out to be an easy choice when I spotted Spyro: Enter the Dragofly for sale, I loved Spyro on the PS1. It cost €70, which was a lot of money for a young fella but even that couldn't dissuade me. I believe I even choose it over MGS2 and FFX.

But what a pile of sh!t that game was, Gamespot gave it 2.8.

I've a feeling that people paying €80 for Demon's Soul's will not be as disappointed as I was back then.

Games are a weird one to price, I could go cinema for 2 hours roughly for 12 euro or buy a game which will provide countless hours of entertainment for 70 quid but it's still much easier in my mind to justify the cinema over a brand new game 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can't imagine Demon Souls will hold it's value long, once the die hards buy it you should be able to pick it up on disc pretty cheap. Digitally it'll be €80 in 2028

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

i love sony but they're making some really bad moves over the last week or two .

The second the ultimate edition was announced this was always gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

xtal191 wrote: »

When your charging €80 for your only big next gen exclusive at launch this is not the move to make. The MM special edition is €20 more so that's basically what they are charging for it. They ain't that stuck for money, even EA & Ubisoft are offering free upgrades on this years games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can't imagine Demon Souls will hold it's value long, once the die hards buy it you should be able to pick it up on disc pretty cheap. Digitally it'll be €80 in 2028

Souls always keeps its value. Look at Sekiro ffs, waiting for a good price since release and it dipped to 45 digitally a couple of times but still full price physically.

As for Spidey, the ultimate edition is on my list as i never played the dlc's and aling with MM, will be a nice present of santa. It should be released as a standalone on ps5 with free upgrade though and leave the dlc and MM to ultimate content.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Of course go where the games are for sure just think Microsoft will have a lot this time round now. Just imagine what they would of had if they had of bought this studio 2 years before the new console was out

I just hope Bethesda are their only real "big" studio purchase. Would far prefer them to buy some smaller studios and help build them up. Likewise with Sony, would love to see them buy one or two more small studios that could produce great games that don't need to be flagship AAA games, but can just make some great smaller exclusives.

Would be a far better use of money than exclusive bonus content or timed exclusivity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Anyone know will ps5 be in stock in November 19th or only pre order?

Will it be hard to get ? I'm not in a rush for one as haven't used ps4 in months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I have a feeling TLOU will be a paid upgrade too.

They were pretty proactive with the Pro enhancements and made sure no developer could charge for them, so I’ll be disappointed if this turns out to be their new angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have a feeling TLOU will be a paid upgrade too.

They were pretty proactive with the Pro enhancements and made sure no developer could charge for them, so I’ll be disappointed if this turns out to be their new angle.

It's like Sony are nickel and dime'n you where as Microsoft just keeps adding move value.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

To be honest I think €80 per game is a tad bit overpriced aswell, €75 I can deal with :D
    I'm sure PS4 games were €70 at launch if I remember right
    If I have to pay €80 for a game or 2 at launch ill get over it just to have them launch day but after that I will go back to Amazon, Argos and smyths - sometimes have a deal with €5 off for games PO for instore collection
    Like even COD PS5 is €5 cheaper than GS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One benefit of rarely holding onto a game is the initial price doesn't matter as much, as annoying as it is

The first game I'm planning on playing is Spiderman, and I'd imagine I'll be done with that in time to get at least €60 for it before Christmas if RRP across the board is €80

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    To be honest I think €80 per game is a tad bit overpriced aswell, €75 I can deal with :D
    I'm sure PS4 games were €70 at launch if I remember right
    If I have to pay €80 for a game or 2 at launch ill get over it just to have them launch day but after that I will go back to Amazon, Argos and smyths - sometimes have a deal with €5 off for games PO for instore collection
    Like even COD PS5 is €5 cheaper than GS

I was going to go for Cyberpunk on PS4 but I think Ill wait now until the ps5 version is released. that will probably be in the new year. Its a shame but Sony have Fooked with a lot of game sales now Ide say

Parsnips wrote: »
    I was going to go for Cyberpunk on PS4 but I think Ill wait now until the ps5 version is released. that will probably be in the new year. Its a shame but Sony have Fooked with a lot of game sales now Ide say

Will the new Xbox games be 80 as well for their new console? Or just sony for the PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Parsnips wrote: »
    If you buy the ps4 version you get the ps5 version free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Will the new Xbox games be 80 as well for their new console? Or just sony for the PS5?

Microsoft don’t really care if you buy new games - they just want you to pay 10 quid for GamePass every month. It’s almost negligible what the games cost to ‘buy’ because it’s all about the subscriptions for them now when it comes to first-party titles.

I think third party games across both consoles will be charged on a publisher by publisher basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So, the PS5 releases on Nov 12th?

They will surely release extra stock in advance pf Christmas? Maybe early December?

I seem to remember this shıt happening every year? Basically there is always a short supply for launch and then more stock conveniently appears a couple of weeks later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So, the PS5 releases on Nov 12th?

They will surely release extra stock in advance pf Christmas? Maybe early December?

I seem to remember this shıt happening every year? Basically there is always a short supply for launch and then more stock conveniently appears a couple of weeks later?

Launches on the 19th here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement