Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Has anyone here been out to Smyths in Swords? Just wondering what the queue is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

wes wrote: »
    Just got mine delivered a few minutes ago via DPD. I ordered from Smyths!

How was the packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Has anyone here been out to Smyths in Swords? Just wondering what the queue is like.

From the pre-order thread just now. Looks like it's calm in Swords:

Just back from Smyths in Swords, I know I was lazy this morning but that’s what happens when you have a 9 month old baby ��
    Was in and out in 5 mins, done very well with 2 dedicated tills for PS5 preorders. There were about 10 in the queue then security came down the queue asking if any had PS5 pre order and we were brought straight in as tills available. There was a Karen in the queue asking why people where skipping ahead of her ������

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Oat23 wrote: »
    I never properly looked at the PS Plus Collection before now. That's a ridiculous set of games and they are all free! Anyone who skipped PS4 and didn't play any of them has a lot of fun ahead.

First impressions of the console are really good. Played through 1 level of Astro's playroom and the controller is fantastic. I'll need time to get used to it I think as I only played around 30 minutes and my hands are a little tired :D

Second thing of note is the download speeds. I'm hooked up with a LAN cable on SIRO gigabit and I'm getting 65MB/s downloading Days Gone. That's 3 times the speed I get on PS4. Huge improvement.

It took 5 minutes to download the first 14 gigs of the game and I'm playing it now

https://streamja.com/B4dBP

Enjoy. Day’s Gone is my favourite game of the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember Bugsnax is also free on Plus if that interests you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

I'm assuming there will be a ps+ sale on black friday so going to hold on for that. Let my plus lapse earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

Mr Crispy wrote: »

The queue was small enough, less than 5 people and they have 2 tills dedicated to PS5 collections

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Much easier to sign in new account now. Just be logged into account in mobile app and you can use QR code to sign in to console

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Not delivering until 3:30-4:30. Thank god, mad busy in work today so wouldn't have had a chance to mess with it anyway.

Roll on later

Ah lads... the controller is just glorious. Make sure to spend 20 minutes or so in Astro's Playroom to get a real sense for it. You can feel directional wind, rain, walking through sand... you have to experience it. It really is gonna add a new dimension to games. Downloading games nice and fast here, Valhalla on 88%, jumping into that as soon as it's ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone on the curry's headsets get any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

(Whispers it) The console isn’t as massive as the reviews suggested.

I mean, it’s not small, but was expecting something far more imposing when I opened it up.

(Whispers it) The console isn’t as massive as the reviews suggested.

I mean, it’s not small, but was expecting something far more imposing when I opened it up.

Yep. Nor is the box as big as I thought it was gonna be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea the size of it has been blown way out of proportion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is there a constant humor buzz of anyones else's console. Have mine standing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

hey lads, ordered from Smyths Blanch, got no text from DPD this morning but its saying my order is travelling through the network ?!!? usually get DPD text early in morning for deliveries "bob will deliver your package between 10 -11", think I will get it today?
    Is the PS in packaging or just the box? don't want the little lad seeing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Is there a constant humor buzz of anyones else's console. Have mine standing up.

Could be coil whine, I've seen reports of it.

Looks like my PS5 will arrive before my copy of Demon Souls which I ordered last Wednesday with Smyths.... Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Ah lads... the controller is just glorious. Make sure to spend 20 minutes or so in Astro's Playroom to get a real sense for it. You can feel directional wind, rain, walking through sand... you have to experience it. It really is gonna add a new dimension to games. Downloading games nice and fast here, Valhalla on 88%, jumping into that as soon as it's ready.

Honestly the best part so far.. walking in the snow on Astros made me audibly say wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

rm212 wrote:
    Could be coil whine, I've seen reports of it.

Can anything be done about it do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads anyone having trouble getting a code for 2 step verification? Keep getting stuck at the send code part but no code comes so can't log in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am not getting PS5 till next year, but I have been enjoying the hype with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea the size of it has been blown way out of proportion

But its ugliness certainly hasn't.

Ironically, it's not the expected panels, but the shiny center. Nice matt finish there would work a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So for anyone that collected, were you aware of anyone in the queue chancing their arm with no Preorder?

McDermotX wrote: »
    But its ugliness certainly hasn't.

Ironically, it's not the expected panels, but the shiny center. Nice matt finish there would work a bit better.

I'm going to wrap it in matt black

Can anything be done about it do you know?

Sometimes clears on GPUs after a run-in period (or a PSU change), but never really goes away.
    Some people are just more sensitive to it than others, and TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if you hear more about it given the noise reduction of these consoles in general especially when they get pushed hard.

I'm going to wrap it in matt black

Might come to that alright. Scratch-magnet that finish if the unit gets repeatedly handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

No issues so far with ps4 bar can’t find my god of war save on cloud & my Witcher 3 save shows up on. Ps4 cloud to download but not ps5 😅. Not good considering how many hours I put and new gen version on horizon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

brady12 wrote: »
    No issues so far with ps4 bar can’t find my god of war save on cloud & my Witcher 3 save shows up on. Ps4 cloud to download but not ps5 😅. Not good considering how many hours I put and new gen version on horizon

Actually I figured it out . Game has be installed on console before save shows up on cloud .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement