Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Lads the fact is its going to happen whether you like it or not. Happens across the world, several thousand ads on Ebay already. Its the same story every time. Just get over it as its going to happen every time.

You abusing someone is not going to stop it from happening.

I once had to pay 100 more for a phone at launch and I only paid it as I needed it that day as I was travelling.

The way they think is that if they dont do it someone else will so why not just make the extra buck.

I have said I dont agree with it but I dont see a need for calling names and abusing etc.

Nothing is going to stop it until those websites ban it. So go approach them first, that would be more productive use of your time then going to an ad just to call them a name etc. Websites are the main problem here. They did it with tickets so can do it with other items also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I honestly couldn't be bothered wasting energy on getting annoyed about the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

dan786 wrote: »
    Lads the fact is its going to happen whether you like it or not. Happens across the world, several thousand ads on Ebay already. Its the same story every time. Just get over it as its going to happen every time.

If you do something unpleasant you will be called unpleasant things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I once had to pay 100 more for a phone at launch and I only paid it as I needed it that day as I was travelling.

The way they think is that if they dont do it someone else will so why not just make the extra buck.

I have said I dont agree with it but I dont see a need for calling names and abusing etc.

Nothing is going to stop it until those websites ban it. So go approach them first. They are the main problem here. The did it with tickets so can do it with other items also.

Sure what's it to you if I think they're scum and say so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Nothing is going to stop it until those websites ban it. So go approach them first, that would be more productive use of your time then going to an ad just to call them a name etc. Websites are the main problem here. They did it with tickets so can do it with other items also.

I don't abuse them myself, but if someone's doing something lousy they're opening themselves up to abuse. No pity for them. If they don't want to take abuse, they could try not taking advantage of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Inquitus wrote: »
    I agree, the only benefit of a Blu Ray drive is you can trade in games which is a dying trade anyways, noone watches blurays these days, so the €100 saved is a no brainer.

Lol.

Nope, there have been many times i've spotted a game on amazon for €20 when it's still €60 on the PS Store.

Also, I can't count the number of times since I got my first Atari back in the day that one of my mates has said "Have you played X? I just finished it. Here you go"

The €100 will pay for itself very quickly. and considering i'll have the machine for 5-6 years, paying extra up front will be the smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

fixXxer wrote: »
    Are people really expecting no more stock between now and launch day?

i refuse to believe all stock is gone , hoping for more in the next few days

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Sure what's it to you if I think they're scum and say so?

You shared you opinion and I shared mine. Thats how a discussion works. This is boards, if everyone just agreed with everything others said the forum would be dead soon.

In the end , the point is that yes it is wrong , I just dont like people being abusive/name calling.

It's not even abusing some specific person though. It's just viewing people as dicks for doing it. People viewing them as such does not make them as bad as the scalpers. It's also not limited to consoles. Imagine people who do it for iphones are viewed similarly. The GAA community loaths people who do it with all Ireland tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You shared you opinion and I shared mine. Thats how a discussion works. This is boards, if everyone just agreed with everything others said the forum would be dead soon.

In the end , the point is that yes it is wrong , I just dont like people being abusive/name calling.

So it is OK to profit from someone's misery, cos reasons, but its crossing the line to insult these people?

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    So it is OK to profit from someone's misery, cos reasons, but its crossing the line to insult these people?

No its not ok but as I said the main problem is the sites that allow them. Go approach them to ban it. That would be more productive then name calling.

Sites banned tickets over face value so can do the same with other items.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Scalpers are dickheads, pure and simple. Maybe you're a scalper and know you're a dickhead, then no problem people calling you it. Maybe you're a scalper and think you're just being entrepreneurial, then no problem with people calling you a dickhead to help you realise that you are in fact a dickhead. Either way, no problem with scalpers being called anything. But in the end, it doesn't matter. Bad karma coming their way for inflicting extra stress on other people for their own monetary gains.

You = not anyone specific on this thread, unless you're a scalper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I never understand why people call others names/abuse them. You are worse then them in my opinion.

290289.jpg?b64lines=SXMgaXQgdGhlIHNjYWxwZXIgd2hvIApzaG91bGRuJ3QgYmUgZG9pbmcgCndoYXQgaGUncyBkb2luZz8KCk5vLCBpdCBpcyBJIHdobyBpcyB0aGUgc2N1bSE=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I never understand why people call others names/abuse them. You are worse then them in my opinion.

I dont agree with what they do either but you cant stop them and they are not harming anyone. If someone is willing to pay that than they are the real issue.

Its going to happen whether you like it or not. There will be dozens on Adverts/Donedeal on release going for well over retail and people will be buying them.

In fairness the thing that riles people up is that they are both taking a console out of a true gaming fans grasp while cynically and callously robbing someone else with a huge mark-up - This is very harmful to the gaming community :mad:

I think they deserve the whole scam-baiter approach, ideally their phone/inbox should overflow with fake offers and whatever other tactical revenges it is possible to inflict.

Maybe multiple fake offers to meet and carry out the sale at 6am somewhere cold and rainy.....

Mango Joe wrote: »

Maybe multiple fake offers to meet and carry out the sale at 6am somewhere cold and rainy.....

Well it will be cold and rainy all day everyday anyway in Winter. Its not going to stop them. You can just waste their time but it wont affect the usual ones. They will sell them either way.

There are now a few Series X ad being used to try and get a PS5 swap. I would be against that too as they are stopping someone who wanted one of those from getting it just so they can use it as a tactic to get a swap.

But no ones going to call them names - they are equally as bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lol.

Nope, there have been many times i've spotted a game on amazon for €20 when it's still €60 on the PS Store.

Also, I can't count the number of times since I got my first Atari back in the day that one of my mates has said "Have you played X? I just finished it. Here you go"

The €100 will pay for itself very quickly. and considering i'll have the machine for 5-6 years, paying extra up front will be the smart move.

To add to this, I still have blu-rays as well from some of my favourite films. Sure, some of them have ended up on Netflix or Prime but some haven't. So if I want to watch Indiana Jones (and dno't want to wait til Christmas), I can break it out and watch it. Same with a number of quality films.

I'm of course not buying films as regularly as I used to on blu-ray, but I still pick up the odd one if I love it. And then it's mine forever.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    In fairness the thing that riles people up is that they are both taking a console out of a true gaming fans grasp while cynically and callously robbing someone else with a huge mark-up - This is very harmful to the gaming community :mad:

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-gaming-community.jpg

Well it will be cold and rainy all day everyday anyway in Winter. Its not going to stop them. You can just waste their time but it wont affect the usual ones. They will sell them either way.

There are now a few Series X ad being used to try and get a PS5 swap. I would be against that too as they are stopping someone who wanted one of those from getting it just so they can use it as a tactic to get a swap.

But no ones going to call them names - they are equally as bad imo.

A swap is not remotely similar. Both items have the same price. If anything they sound like somebody who actually wants to play the console and they won't be profiting.

A swap is not remotely similar. Both items have the same price. If anything they sound like somebody who actually wants to play the console and they won't be profiting.

But they may be stopping someone who actually wanted a Xbox from getting one when they have no intention of using it themselves.

• Advertisement

But they may be stopping someone who actually wanted a Xbox from getting one when they have no intention of using it themselves.

Not the most clever strategy overall but once again not remotely the same as profiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Can get one of these consoles reserved anywhere..

I guess this is the year the young lad finds out there's no such thing as Santa..

What if somebody buys a launch console and then sells it at a vastly inflated price to help fund Tiny Tim's leg operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Offloaded my Ps4 Pro for €237 in CEX, have a one x also so that will do me until PS5, Reckon that price wont be available closer to release date.

wow how lucky was I, Ps4 Pro now dropped in value from €237 to €168 a day after I traded it in at CEX

keano25 wrote: »

I guess this is the year the young lad finds out there's no such thing as Santa..

And that his Dad isn't on-the-ball enough to pull through for him. Ouch.

keano25 wrote: »

Go onto hotukdeals and subscribe to preorder thread there. Better chance of getting one from UK them here as more retailers. Use Parcel Motel/Wizard if they dont deliver to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

wow how lucky was I, Ps4 Pro now dropped in value from €237 to €168 a day after I traded it in at CEX

Fudge, the ps4 prices on there are dropping all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Someone already posted this link- But I think most of the UK are following it as well. When the alert went out for John Lewis . I had it in my bag paid and when Bank sent the alert text to verify put it in AND then the dreaded sorry no stock . That was within 1 sec of the alert .

The alert sound is great . Has most of the major retailers.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

I've just noticed that my Gamestop order page has a date on it:

PlayStation® 5 Queue
    Release: 27/12/2020

now, I know its not guaranteed at all but wonder if anyone else can check and see if thats a generic date or maybe they do have some idea when will they fullfill the orders for people in the queue.

thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

I didn't think the drop would be that drastic! Was hoping for at least 200. Feck that, will try sell on Facebook marketplace so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement