Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Markitron wrote: »
    Can't imagine many others knew. They were all taken by people either on this forum or friends of people on the forum. I pre-ordered one and clued in 3 friends.

Haha everyone with a remote interest knew,more so than outside this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

I didn't think the drop would be that drastic! Was hoping for at least 200. Feck that, will try sell on Facebook marketplace so.

Ouch. That's me keeping the ps4 slim for the spare room so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Ouch. That's me keeping the ps4 slim for the spare room so

127 for my 500gb slim,

i think ill be doing the same as you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

I didn't think the drop would be that drastic! Was hoping for at least 200. Feck that, will try sell on Facebook marketplace so.

Ah man and they did say to get it as soon as possible but that's crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Was going to trade my own Pro at the weekend. Should have done it the weekend gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

To add to this, I still have blu-rays as well from some of my favourite films. Sure, some of them have ended up on Netflix or Prime but some haven't. So if I want to watch Indiana Jones (and dno't want to wait til Christmas), I can break it out and watch it. Same with a number of quality films.

I'm of course not buying films as regularly as I used to on blu-ray, but I still pick up the odd one if I love it. And then it's mine forever.

There is also the far superior audio and video quality to consider. For most people streaming is the way forward but for a/v enthusiasts there is no comparison right now.

wow how lucky was I, Ps4 Pro now dropped in value from €237 to €168 a day after I traded it in at CEX

And yet they have only dropped their sale price by €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

wow how lucky was I, Ps4 Pro now dropped in value from €237 to €168 a day after I traded it in at CEX

Thanks for the headsup. My GOW Pro, boxed went to €240 from €262. The only reason I still have it is the lad wants to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What if somebody buys a launch console and then sells it at a vastly inflated price to help fund Tiny Tim's leg operation?
    Tiny Tim is a dickhead.

Nice one. Sold it over the weekend meself.

527171.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah man and they did say to get it as soon as possible but that's crazy

I was gonna do start of this week but thought, ah, will play Mafia 1 for a week and take a 40 quid hit. My own fault but was really hoping to go the CEX route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I was gonna do start of this week but thought, ah, will play Mafia 1 for a week and take a 40 quid hit. My own fault but was really hoping to go the CEX route.

Yeah they said that alot of people were probably going to wait until mid October before trading in. Could it go back up in a week or so? Madness that they buy for 163 yet sell for 350

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah they said that alot of people were probably going to wait until mid October before trading in. Could it go back up in a week or so? Madness that they buy for 163 yet sell for 350

Yeah, gonna just enjoy Mafia 1 now, never know, the price might start going back up. I see they are going for 250-270 on Facebook so might even make out better. I will check CEX 1st week of October and if still the same, will throw it up on facebook.

Yeah, gonna just enjoy Mafia 1 now, never know, the price might start going back up. I see they are going for 250-270 on Facebook so might even make out better. I will check CEX 1st week of October and if still the same, will throw it up on facebook.

I think CEX got so many in such a short space of time that it temporarily cratered the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Feck it anyway, I was hoping to trade in my OG 500gb PS4 to CEX at some point before launch, but not for another month or so, and that's down to €124 now. Wouldn't be surprised at this rate if it's below 100 by PS5 launch, almost wouldn't be worth it at that stage and might just put it in another room like someone else said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

I think CEX got so many in such a short space of time that it temporarily cratered the price.

Temporarily though? There will be more coming into them in the next few weeks and probably less going out as people hold off with PS5 coming.

Temporarily though? There will be more coming into them in the next few weeks and probably less going out as people hold off with PS5 coming.

I suppose it depends on what price they are selling them at, €340 is pretty scandalous considering what they are paying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MrZibi wrote: »
    I've just noticed that my Gamestop order page has a date on it:

PlayStation® 5 Queue
    Release: 27/12/2020

now, I know its not guaranteed at all but wonder if anyone else can check and see if thats a generic date or maybe they do have some idea when will they fullfill the orders for people in the queue.

thanks in advance!

I don't know if this is any good to you as it is for the Xbox S, but this is the relevant part of my email from GameStop:

"Your reservation is at the store:

You can pick up the product in store from the release date 10/11/2020"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Holy crap yeah see that there i got 201 for 1tb ps4 slim on Monday now 139 today phew

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't know if this is any good to you as it is for the Xbox S, but this is the relevant part of my email from GameStop:

"Your reservation is at the store:

You can pick up the product in store from the release date 10/11/2020"

thanks, they are defo more cryptic with the word 'Release' but who knows, just wondering how much they know about their console allocation.

all the sudden Irish retailers are sooo quiet about more stock so the above is the only thing left to hang on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

And yet they have only dropped their sale price by €10

What a pack of scumbags. Buying cheap and selling high ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would Gamestop be the best trade in option at the moment then? Was planning on hanging on until October but not if price is going to drop like a rock like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Will we be able to play ps4 games with the ps5 controller, I assume we can??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

On the PS5, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah ffs I'm nearly finished a game then was ready to sell onto CEX that is bloody annoying!

Didn't want to have to go the adverts route for this either .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

shrewdness wrote: »
    Feck it anyway, I was hoping to trade in my OG 500gb PS4 to CEX at some point before launch, but not for another month or so, and that's down to €124 now. Wouldn't be surprised at this rate if it's below 100 by PS5 launch, almost wouldn't be worth it at that stage and might just put it in another room like someone else said.

My 7 year old loves playing Portal on an old Xbox 360 we have in a bedroom at home & we have a lot of fun with it.... I might play though Half-life 2 on it this Christmas.

At the end of the day the PS4 probably has more future use potential for people than the €124 offered.

Yes you can
    Mango Joe wrote: »
    My 7 year old loves playing Portal on an old Xbox 360 we have in a bedroom at home & we have a lot of fun with it.... I might play though Half-life 2 on it this Christmas.

At the end of the day the PS4 probably has more future use potential for people than the €124 offered.

The PS4 is going to be a perfectly good minecraft/fortnite/FIFA machine for a good long while. it is worth more than that certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Ah ffs I'm nearly finished a game then was ready to sell onto CEX that is bloody annoying!

Yep I missed out too but due to laziness as the closest one to me now is an hour or more some days :(

If it's any use their voucher prices are still ~180 for a slim so could be worth it and then wait a while for when they have a few ps5 games in stock! CeXs prices were inflated anyway due to covid so I'm not holding out on the PS4 ever rising to those levels again

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I suppose it depends on what price they are selling them at, €340 is pretty scandalous considering what they are paying.

I really do wonder how they make money at all with the prices they charge. When I was in the other day I noticed they sell PS4 controllers for €75 and north of it, while you can get one brand new on Amazon for under €50, and the prices in a Gamestop or Argos fall in the middle. Hoping to take advantage of those opting for the voucher instead of cash when trading in, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I really do wonder how they make money at all with the prices they charge. When I was in the other day I noticed they sell PS4 controllers for €75 and north of it, while you can get one brand new on Amazon for under €50, and the prices in a Gamestop or Argos fall in the middle. Hoping to take advantage of those opting for the voucher instead of cash when trading in, I suppose.

Because a few weeks/months ago you couldn't get a controller new anywhere, they were all sold out everywhere except for used in cex which only had a few controllers left, so they raised the prices and we're giving close to 50 or them but obviously had to sell higher to make the same profit margins.

They can do pric changes daily if needs be, if the price hasn't dropped in a while it means they're still selling well at that price point. It's nuts but desperate people will pay desperate prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Had a look on adverts before selling to CEX and it doesnt look like anyone is biting on a ps4 pro, most people after a pro would probably wait for a PS5 anyways, might be more uptake on the OG PS4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement