Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭FNSolidSnake

Had a look on adverts before selling to CEX and it doesnt look like anyone is biting on a ps4 pro, most people after a pro would probably wait for a PS5 anyways, might be more uptake on the OG PS4

Cex it is then. I have a good few games to sell on too so should get me over the €200 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Hi guys following this thread since night of the showcase, feel like I need to thank ye because like alot of people I assumed preorders werent going live till the next morning I had checked a few times after the showcase was over and and when there was nothing said id wait till the morning...
    It was only by having a nose on here around midnight I realised Smyths had gone live and managed to get a PS5 Disc for instore collection on launch day!

I also went a bit mad and PO an extra controller, charging station and headset 😂

Gameswise Ive ordered Black Ops Cold War, thought that looked really good and will get the spiderman game aswell but cant decide on the regular or ultimate edition, ive already have the platinum trophy for PS4, not sure if id want to play through the whole game again

Ill need to sell my pro aswell I upgraded the hard drive to 2tb so might go down the adverts route instead of CEX, in no rush to sell awhile as I still have a few games to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'd have been snookered too if I hadn't been still on here after the showcase, managed to get a disc version for delivery from Smyths. Hopefully more pre-orders get released and others get sorted soon.

I was set on getting the remote and headset too, but the headset almost seems like too good a deal, so I'm wondering about the quality. Might hold off on reviews for that. Definitely gonna get Miles Morales but still undecided on getting the ultimate edition with remastered Spiderman. Again I might wait to see what the improvements are actually like, it would put a bad taste in my mouth to buy that again if it's not much different and I already have the PS4 version. I wonder if it'll get released separately after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Hi guys following this thread since night of the showcase, feel like I need to thank ye because like alot of people I assumed preorders werent going live till the next morning I had checked a few times after the showcase was over and and when there was nothing said id wait till the morning...

One day, we will hopefully get a chance to stand before a statue of Wing126 and remember their awesome post.
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Pre-orders open on Smyths now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is there anywhere to order Demon's Souls for not €80, as much as I want it, paying that amount is borderline extortionate.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to order Demon's Souls for not €80, as much as I want it, paying that amount is borderline extortionate.

Try the likes of Argos on release date. They generally seem decently priced.

Try the likes of Argos on release date. They generally seem decently priced.

Suppose that isn't a bad idea, even €75 would be more palatable

Argh, I was gonna say Game Collection as they were selling it for 65 pounds (71 euro) but all sold out.

Argos UK will be selling it for 70 pounds (76 euro) so will be similar over here.

I'll be keeping an eye on lowest price as well.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Argh, I was gonna say Game Collection as they were selling it for 65 pounds (71 euro) but all sold out.

Argos UK will be selling it for 70 pounds (76 euro) so will be similar over here.

I'll be keeping an eye on lowest price as well.

****e I should have tried them earlier. It is weird that amazon don't have it up yet. I suppose there will come a point when I realise it will be easier and cheaper to just pay the full amount in Smyths and pick it up at the same time as the rest of my stuff. I am pretty adamant that it is the first game I want to play on the PS5. I am also getting Cyberpunk that day but lets be honest, that is just gonna be a fancy PS4 version.

****e I should have tried them earlier. It is weird that amazon don't have it up yet. I suppose there will come a point when I realise it will be easier and cheaper to just pay the full amount in Smyths and pick it up at the same time as the rest of my stuff. I am pretty adamant that it is the first game I want to play on the PS5. I am also getting Cyberpunk that day but lets be honest, that is just gonna be a fancy PS4 version.

I'm the same, picking up Cyberpunk the same time as the PS5 but really want Demons Souls launch day so will get it argos if I can reserve it or from smyths if still available. I definitely won't make a habit of paying 80 for games but DS at launch will be an exception if it has to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

One day, we will hopefully get a chance to stand before a statue of Wing126 and remember his awesome post.

I had just gotten a text of Smyths at this time also, of course I was selfish pre ordered right away but was then just about to jump in and post when I saw Wing had already done so. Actually cant believe how lucky we got, especially when you see all the big youtubers & streamers who are struggling for pre orders. Ahh just cantbelieve its still another 8 weeks away.

What will everyone be playinglaunch day?? Presume Cyberpunk? I have never played Days Gone, The Last Guardian or God of War so will be downloading these on PS Plus Day one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

wonder if you would receive on launch day from uk

I'm the same, picking up Cyberpunk the same time as the PS5 but really want Demons Souls launch day so will get it argos if I can reserve it or from smyths if still available. I definitely won't make a habit of paying 80 for games but DS at launch will be an exception if it has to be.

**** it, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pre-order it.

So launch day I will be picking up DS5 disk drive, the camera, Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk.

An expensive but extremely enjoyable day, no doubt.
    Video wrote: »
    wonder if you would receive on launch day from uk

Unless they send them early I would say it is highly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Getting the camera as well, hope this time it will show you in gameplay clips also and not just in live stream broadcasts.

Getting the camera as well, hope this time it will show you in gameplay clips also and not just in live stream broadcasts.

I'm mostly getting it to continue using my PSVR. Sold my original camera with the PS4, I am not arsed waiting weeks for Sony to send me the adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

**** it, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pre-order it.

So launch day I will be picking up DS5 disk drive, the camera, Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk.

An expensive but extremely enjoyable day, no doubt.

Yeah, I don't mind pre-ordering a couple of games at full whack, just so I have something to play on launch day. After that, I'll be more picky with where I purchase. For me, it'll be Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. I'll leave the camera until/if I invest in PSVR.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't mind pre-ordering a couple of games at full whack, just so I have something to play on launch day. After that, I'll be more picky with where I purchase. For me, it'll be Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. I'll leave the camera until/if I invest in PSVR.

Miles Morales will be next on the list for me after those two, which I expect will take me a while to get through.

• Advertisement

Miles Morales will be next on the list for me after those two, which I expect will take me a while to get through.

Yeah, if anything I think CP may take me too long to get through! So I'm going to leave that for the Christmas period when I'll pick it up on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,331 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm going to hold off on Cybepunk til a next-gen upgrade is available. Unless I am wrong the PS5/SX versions will really only get a load time improvement - they will be the backwards compat versions of the game.

I'm going to hold off on Cybepunk til a next-gen upgrade is available. Unless I am wrong the PS5/SX versions will really only get a load time improvement - they will be the backwards compat versions of the game.

This isn't true. They have promised a patch with enhancements day one with PS5/XSX. They haven't detailed what these initial enhancements are but its safe to assume it will be running at a higher resolution and/or framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I'm mostly getting it to continue using my PSVR. Sold my original camera with the PS4, I am not arsed waiting weeks for Sony to send me the adaptor.

Sony haven't stated the PS5 HD Camera will work for PSVR. The general consensus suggests it won't work.
    That's without any official news on it. So nobody really knows.
    I don't know why Sony didn't state it in the blog post on accessories and compatibility with PS5.
    They only mention the PS4 camera, with the addition of the free request-able adapter for PSVR on PS5.
    I ordered the new one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

anyone dealt with fashionworld.co.uk looking at the ps5 pre orders should I be wary thanks

bazzz wrote: »
    Sony haven't stated the PS5 HD Camera will work for PSVR. The general consensus suggests it won't work.
    That's without any official news on it. So nobody really knows.
    I don't know why Sony didn't state it in the blog post on accessories and compatibility with PS5.
    They only mention the PS4 camera, with the addition of the free request-able adapter for PSVR on PS5.
    I ordered the new one anyway.

I honestly thought they did, I would be shocked if it didn't work

I see that some Japanese YouTubers will be allowed go hands on with the PS5 on October 4th. Will we have to wait until then to see the UI, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

rach784 wrote: »
    anyone dealt with fashionworld.co.uk looking at the ps5 pre orders should I be wary thanks

Wont worry about them . Sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This isn't true. They have promised a patch with enhancements day one with PS5/XSX. They haven't detailed what these initial enhancements are but its safe to assume it will be running at a higher resolution and/or framerate.

One day one of the game release?

I thought the net gen patch/version wasn't going to be until 2021?

• Advertisement

One day one of the game release?

I thought the net gen patch/version wasn't going to be until 2021?

There will be two updates. On day one, there will be a patch for the PS4 version for the PS5. This will still technically be the PS4 version but running at higher settings than the Pro version.

Next year the game is getting a full PS5 release that will add more features and enhancements. At this point, owners of the PS4 version get a full upgrade to the PS5 version.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-19-cyberpunk-2077-ps4-will-get-day-one-patch-to-work-on-playstation-5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement