Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,482 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Poor old Joe. I'm wondering what the excuses will be in a few weeks time when he loses. The reality is the Democrats will have only themselves to blame. An open goal running against Trump and this is the best they can provide.

Biden still well ahead in the polls, and with a wave of countries heading back to lockdowns over the next 3 weeks, not much time for Trump to claim it's over, and make some gains, only chance for Trump now is he wins the debates somehow:
    https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

Think about it, if they were confident of winning, they wouldn't be pushing on getting a new SCOTUS in place so quickly.

Looking at the polling, it looks mostly like a revert to 2008/2012 Obama polling with a few oddities like Texas being in the mix. Wisconsin will probably be the bellwether of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Poor old Joe. I'm wondering what the excuses will be in a few weeks time when he loses. The reality is the Democrats will have only themselves to blame. An open goal running against Trump and this is the best they can provide.

Joe will be classey and accept defeat. No doubt he will thank his supporters upon conceding unlike Hillary. I do fear there will be riots from the same people who have done so over the past few months only much, much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is just embarrassing now 200m dead lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANmcxW_-uA0

The Democrats need to put a stop to this.

The guy would have trouble running a lemonade stand never mind a country.

I see today's talking points have been distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I see today's talking points have been distributed.

Same posters, same tactics, no substance as usual. Maybe tomorrow they will post something that wasn't talked about and explained 12 hours previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He lies to their face and they cheer. Trump supporters are beyond redemption. (In case you missed it there are two teleprompters in front of him)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same posters, same tactics, no substance as usual. Maybe tomorrow they will post something that wasn't talked about and explained 12 hours previously.

I just report those posts now as they don't contribute anything worthwhile to the thread. Different day, same old rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

You've posted doctored videos, and not responded when called out on it. You haven't said a word about Trump's town hall.

I'd be interested in your thoughts in both of those things.
    1800_Ladladlad, post from a while ago. Notice you've been posting in the thread since.

Why were you posting doctored videos of Biden? What do you think of Trump's town hall from last week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

By the end this speech no less :pac: Good old Joe. It's hard not to dislike him as he's obviously losing his marbles up top but how funny is it this guy is running for president :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

By the end this speech no less :pac: Good old Joe. It's hard not to dislike him as he's obviously losing his marbles up top but how funny is it this guy is running for president :confused:

Did Trump not say they were sending an astronaut to “Nars” a few days ago?

• Advertisement

Did Trump not say they were sending an astronaut to “Nars” a few days ago?

Also called himself Donald Prump over the weekend. You can see the moment he has a brain glitch and has to reset.

This actually happens quite often with Trump. Very strange.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Also called himself Donald Prump over the weekend. You can see the moment he has a brain glitch and has to reset.

He sounds pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Did Trump not say they were sending an astronaut to “Nars†a few days ago?

Apparently he said something about disinfectant a few months ago, or something, I'm not really sure though, as I don't pay attention to him at all, there's no point really, tis only a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

He sounds pissed.

He claims to be tee total but he sounds like he's sauced most of the time. Like a rambling drunk in a pub. Either that or all the cocaine has melted the few braincells he ever had.

threeball wrote: »
    He claims to be tee total but he sounds like he's sauced most of the time. Like a rambling drunk in a pub. Either that or all the cocaine has melted the few braincells he ever had.

maybe his adderall was wearing off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

threeball wrote: »

I think it's loose dentures and age.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

He got his own name wrong!
    I’m fairness, I chuckled a bit at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Biden is looking increasingly lost and confused up there. It would be the decent thing to do for the Democrats to have a word with him and have him step aside. He's an alright guy and deserves better than being made look so pathetic infront of the camera.

I fear for him come the debates.

Biden is looking increasingly lost and confused up there. It would be the decent thing to do for the Democrats to have a word with him and have him step aside. He's an alright guy and deserves better than being made look so pathetic infront of the camera.

And when he does alright in the debates, will we hear the excuses straight away?

“He was given the answers”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,482 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Brian? wrote: »
    I think it's loose dentures and age.

Trump definitely showing signs of dementia, very dangerous to vote him in for another term.

• Advertisement

And when he does alright in the debates, will we hear the excuses straight away?

have they not just tried that one? they seemed surprised that biden was actually well prepared for his town hall versus trump who was a mess. trump wont be able to handle Biden without his whooping and hollering base in front of him.

"It was an ambush" - that was the Fox News angle to excuse Trump's lies and incoherent babbling at his townhall.

have they not just tried that one? they seemed surprised that biden was actually well prepared for his town hall versus trump who was a mess. trump wont be able to handle Biden without his whooping and hollering base in front of him.

They did after the town hall.

Trump and his goons tried to paint Biden as senile and drooling in his basement.
    This backfired after they Democratic convention and the town hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

"It was an ambush" - that was the Fox News angle to excuse Trump's lies and incoherent babbling at his townhall.

Which is, of course, and acceptance that Trump had preformed terribly and thus they are looking for an excuse.

Its a pretty poor showing when even one of his biggest supporters, both Fix and Ingraham, can't even big up his performance but have to find ways to mitigate why it was so terrible.

To be fair to Trump, there is simply no way he could have seen questions about Covid and healthcare being brought up!

So was his performance down to him being unprepared, which is extremely worrying given that he has all the information and is 80 days out from election. Or he was unable to deal with the questions, which is also very worrying given that he is the POTUS and running for reelection.

The whole point of stepping outside his usual Fox News of interview bubble is to try to shift voters over to his and away from Biden. IN that respect,m the ABC town hall will be a disaster as he, IMO at least, won't have won anybody over based on that.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Which is, of course, and acceptance that Trump had preformed terribly and thus they are looking for an excuse.

Its a pretty poor showing when even one of his biggest supporters, both Fix and Ingraham, can't even big up his performance but have to find ways to mitigate why it was so terrible.

To be fair to Trump, there is simply no way he could have seen questions about Covid and healthcare being brought up!

So was his performance down to him being unprepared, which is extremely worrying given that he has all the information and is 80 days out from election. Or he was unable to deal with the questions, which is also very worrying given that he is the POTUS and running for reelection.

The whole point of stepping outside his usual Fox News of interview bubble is to try to shift voters over to his and away from Biden. IN that respect,m the ABC town hall will be a disaster as he, IMO at least, won't have won anybody over based on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1239605

He doesn't prepare. His ego won't allow him to because he genuinely believes he's a genius and geniuses don't prepare.

On the balance of probabilities at the debates between Trump making a complete embarrassing show of himself versus Biden drooling like a senile dotard on stage, the former is much more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If Biden doesn't acquit himself well in the debates then he'll only have himself to blame. He has about a zillion idiotic things that Trump has done to call upon. He just needs to avoid getting into an argument, stick to the facts, and let Trump make an absolute buffoon of himself, which is inevitable in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Who are you talking to? You've posted similar in the past, as have others. Is this just a general musing?

What do you think of the Trump videos on the previous page showing slips of the tongue and misspoken lines by Trump?

Who are you talking to? You've posted similar in the past, as have others. Is this just a general musing?

What do you think of the Trump videos on the previous page showing slips of the tongue and misspoken lines by Trump?

The more the right wing media and Trump fans play up and believe that Biden has serious cognitive issues the better it is for Biden. I say let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The more the right wing media and Trump fans play up and believe that Biden has serious cognitive issues the better it is for Biden. I say let them at it.

Yes, with any luck they've not worked out their talking points for the day after the debate when Trump's just a grease stain on the pavement after having been destroyed.

"ambushed" "Biden got the questions first" "Biased questioners" ....

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Yes, with any luck they've not worked out their talking points for the day after the debate when Trump's just a grease stain on the pavement after having been destroyed.

"ambushed" "Biden got the questions first" "Biased questioners" ....

Don't forget there will be manipulated videos also. The Trumpists love manipulated videos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement