Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

anyone good at maths here? what is 2977 as a fraction of 285 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

200,000/330,000,000

A more relevant way to consider it is that it is the 4th biggest single cause of US deaths in history behind the Civil War, the 1918 Pandemic and WWII.

Nearly half a million Americans die from smoking every year. Oh and by the way my uncle Google said that 200000 is 0.060606060606061% of 330000000.

You can hide behind semantics all you want, Americans will not be worried about Covid when it comes to polling. They will be worried about their pockets. They trust President Trump with the economy. The democrats have once again, focused on the wrong issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Anyone good at maths here? What is 200k as a fraction of 330 million?

a lot worse than many other countries, particularly when put against the POTUS promising that everything was under control and that it would be gone as soon as the weather heated up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Omg, white supremecist.

EiiDXj0UcAAUXP5?format=jpg&name=medium

That of course is using the logic of the left. Im, sure there will be outrage over it :rolleyes:

C'mon Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Nearly half a million Americans die from smoking every year. Oh and by the way my uncle Google said that 200000 is 0.060606060606061% of 330000000.

You can hide behind semantics all you want, Americans will not be worried about Covid when it comes to polling. They will be worried about their pockets. They trust President Trump with the economy. The democrats have once again, focused on the wrong issue.

The economy? What is the unemployment numbers? What about the national debt? GDP growth? Where are they now?

Oh, of course everything is supposed to just pause from January when Trump completely failed to deal with the situation he faced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The economy? What is the unemployment numbers? What about the national debt? GDP growth? Where are they now?

Oh, of course everything is supposed to just pause from January when Trump completely failed to deal with the situation he faced.

You see, opinion polls show voters at 50% #IMPOTUSon the economy, 43% Biden (recent Forbes summary.) So, when the polls favor the #IMPOTUS, they're absolutely spot on. But when they favor Biden, in some cases by large margins, oh no those don't matter nope no way no how.

You have to speak tGOP to understand the #IMPOTUS's handling of the economy being the winning issue for him. It's all in the polls...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is this it now? It’s only 200,000 people! This is an unexpected spin I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that awful sound you can here is trump supporters scraping the current bottom of the barrel. tomorrow they will somehow dig down deeper

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They're in for a rude awakening when they hear how the economy is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

How can this guy be in with a shout of getting 4 more years?

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1308385029417062401

It's because Biden is that bad, Trump should be dead and buried according to many people but they were probably the same people that were laughing when they were asked if he win would in 2016.

• Advertisement

that awful sound you can here is trump supporters scraping the current bottom of the barrel. tomorrow they will somehow dig down deeper

It’s just semantics don’t you know

I'm guessing you think 9/11 was just a bad day at the office.

It's because Biden is that bad, Trump should be dead and buried according to many people but they were probably the same people that were laughing when they were asked if he would in 2016.

I would say it more shows that a portion of the US audience have a taste for dramatic showmanship and even though many are potentially aware that Trump is lying, they simply don't care. That says a lot about certain parts of US society and none of it is positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

salmocab wrote: »
    Is this it now? It’s only 200,000 people! This is an unexpected spin I have to say.

Trump himself set the precedent

"Yes, people are dying, It is what it is"

Donald J Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you think 9/11 was just a bad day at the office.
    It was for 3,000 or so people. That's 0.001% of the population in case you were wondering.

Bizzarre how they make a big song and dance about it every year when the anniversary rolls around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I would say it more shows that a portion of the US audience have a taste for dramatic showmanship and even though many are potentially aware that Trump is lying, they simply don't care. That says a lot about certain parts of US society and none of it is positive.

That is part of the problem though the ridiculing that some Trump supporters get does not help in trying to convince them why they should vote for Biden over Trump. It's basically fvck you if you're voting for Trump and you're human garbage.

Those people were murdered, have some respect.

Wouldn't exactly say you're being respectful of the dead by attempting to spin covid as a success for Trump..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Omg, white supremecist.

EiiDXj0UcAAUXP5?format=jpg&name=medium

That of course is using the logic of the left. Im, sure there will be outrage over it :rolleyes:

C'mon Man.

Holy sh1t he looks weak there. What age is he now?

Holy sh1t he looks weak there. What age is he now?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's not going to stop at 200k. Their current trajectory is about 30k deaths per month in a fairly straight line. Outside of dysfunctional, poor countries, nobody's doing that badly.

• Advertisement

I see Mitt Romney is going to be backing Trump's supreme court nominee. Does this mean Barrett is all but guaranteed the job? I'm assuming she's going to be his pick but the official announcement will be on Saturday, cant wait!

Major boost for Trump as Romney backs vote on supreme court nomination

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/22/mitt-romney-trump-supreme-court-nominee-vote

It's not going to stop at 200k. Their current trajectory is about 30k deaths per month in a fairly straight line. Outside of dysfunctional, poor countries, nobody's doing that badly.

2 people died of Ebola in the the US and Trump called for Obama to resign.

4 people died in Benghazi and the Republicans conducted 6 investigations and found nothing.

But I guess 200,000 dead is just one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I see Mitt Romney is going to be backing Trump's supreme court nominee. Does this mean Barrett is all but guaranteed the job? I'm assuming she's going to be his pick but the official announcement will be on Saturday, cant wait!

Major boost for Trump as Romney backs vote on supreme court nomination

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/22/mitt-romney-trump-supreme-court-nominee-vote

Why are you so excited about this announcement on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He must be one of those feminists.

Eager for another woman Supreme Court Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Danzy wrote: »
    He must be one of those feminists.

Eager for another woman Supreme Court Judge.

I guess that makes The Donald a feminist also. Who'd have thunk it.

I don't want to get into a Covid debate here because we probably will not agree no matter what but what I will say is this: take a look at some of the countries with higher deaths per 1m population to the USA, hardly poor or dysfunctional are they? I genuinely think Covid is not as big an election issue as people here are making it out to be.

That's not to say that it is not a serious problem, it is and I believe every death is a tragedy.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    2 people died of Ebola in the the US and Trump called for Obama to resign.

4 people died in Benghazi and the Republicans conducted 6 investigations and found nothing.

But I guess 200,000 dead is just one of those things.

"Yes, people are dying..... it is what it is"

Donald J Trump.

Owning libs, it’s all they care about anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Omg, white supremecist.

C'mon Man.

Context dude.

Is he responding to a question or is he at a party with known neo-nazis?

Sort of like hailing a cab on the street versus hailing a cab at a nuremburg rally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

Right now per capita the US is 10th worst in the world but given how badly they are doing vis a v the countries worse then them right now they will likely shoot up to about 5th worst within the next month.

Only San Marino, followed by Peru Belgium and Brazil are likely to be worse off in terms of deaths per capita by the end of October.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement