Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,853 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump has called for the firing of reporter a few weeks ago and a boycott of various companies and media sources throughout his presidency.

Looks like Trump is trying to kill free speech?

Just playing the left at their own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Trump has called for the firing of reporter a few weeks ago and a boycott of various companies and media sources throughout his presidency.

Looks like Trump is trying to kill free speech?

No, it only looks like you are avoiding the elephant in the room
    Again, cancel culture can no longer been ignored as a major player in controlling freedom of speech. It's slowly making people afraid of saying anything anti-woke that may result in excommunication from social media
    Thank god, trump is still immune

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Just playing the left at their own game.

Alone, against all of them

Own goal there.

You wouldn't have had to look them up if I was wrong as you would already know all about them ;)

One was from 2014, the other was 2018. It's more a case of gaffes or inappropriate remarks etc being far and few between. Trump's are daily. So rather different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nonsense, if Trump called immigrants gangbangers and joked that all blacks look alike, we'd still be hearing about it on a daily basis.

In the ufc this weekend its Colby Covington vs Tyrone Woodley

Covington is a huge Trump supporter, wears the maga hat everywhere, Trump junior attends his fights.

Woodley is a black fighter and vocal BLM supporter.

At the press conference Woodley wore a BLM t shirt and "make racists eat the fade again "
    Every question he was asked he answered with "black lives matter " and then walked off.

Covington talked about winning and celebrating with Trump.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Covington is a huge Trump supporter, wears the maga hat everywhere, Trump junior attends his fights.

At the press conference Woodley wore a BLM t shirt and "make racists eat the fade again "
    Every question he was asked he answered with "black lives matter " and then walked off.

Good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Covington also referred to Woodley as a domestic terrorist sympathiser recently.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Covington also referred to Woodley as a domestic terrorist sympathiser recently.

That's correct.

Covington comfortably won the fight in the end. 5th round stoppage after dominating throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

That's correct.

Covington comfortably won the fight in the end. 5th round stoppage after dominating throughout.

Is this a sports thread or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I don’t know. My comment on Covington was meant to portray the fact that there appears to be a concerted effort by people to portray BLM or anyone supporting the movement as ‘terrorists or terrorist sympathisers’, instead of recognising the fact that the movement is borne out of the systemic racism still inherent in much of society today.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Is this a sports thread or something?

It's just certain posters who have been outraged by BLM who would prefer to ignore the cause.

I don’t know. My comment on Covington was meant to portray the fact that there appears to be a concerted effort by people to portray BLM or anyone supporting the movement as ‘terrorists or terrorist sympathisers’, instead of recognising the fact that the movement is borne out of the systemic racism still inherent in much of society today.

I wouldn't call in a concerted effort. Covington has been using the extreme maga supporter gimmick for a long time now to build hype and notoriety. It all got a little too real leading up to this particular fight and he abandoned the usual trash talk. He said in the pre fight press conference that there is no race inside the cage. Just two men competing.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Good for him.

Nope, went bad for him actually:

https://twitter.com/SomeBitchIKnow/status/1307559082136604672

Classy move from Trump. You could see how much it meant to Covington too. His eyes lit up.

Politically astute too. Millions of viewers watching and the president calls in live to congratulate a fighter. Was respectful to Woodley also.

Would career politician Biden do similar? Unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJuIYp_YdA

US commentators Tried the same **** when fury was fighting wilder, wilder walked into the fight to song all about black history, i know it was during black history month but leave that stuff outside of sports.

Classy move from Trump. You could see how much it meant to Covington too. His eyes lit up.

Politically astute too. Millions of viewers watching and the president calls in live to congratulate a fighter. Was respectful to Woodley also.

What with coronavirus after killing 200 THOUSAND Americans, Biden may have have had bigger priorities.

What with coronavirus after killing 200 THOUSAND Americans, Biden may have have had bigger priorities.

In fairness, his stand out is celebrating the newly opened supreme court position. So classy. Would Biden do that?

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJuIYp_YdA

US commentators Tried the same **** when fury was fighting wilder, wilder walked into the fight to song all about black history, i know it was during black history month but leave that stuff outside of sports.

In fairness Covington has been out supporting Trump for years now. It isnt pushed by the UFC. Dana white is a Trump supporter too and made a political speech previously.

Colby Covington:

https://twitter.com/EM_KA_17/status/1307618860443602950?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He took the number and called a child who suffers with a stutter, I would call that classy. Trump called Covington BECAUSE he knew millions were watching, thats not classy thats crass.

He took the number and called a child who suffers with a stutter, I would call that classy. Trump called Covington BECAUSE he knew millions were watching, thats not classy thats crass.

Covington has met Trump numerous times and even been to the white house. Trump has attended some of his fights. If you know you know

It actually amazes me that there's Trump supporters that continue to claim he's classy..

I'm going off my own recollection of your posts, you've said you've condemned him, I've asked for proof.. your lack of links I'll take that as you talking bull? Very much like Donnie.

Nope, if I say I've said something, then I did:
    Overheal wrote: »
    Name three.

Here you go:

I don't condone what that man did and don't condone Trump paying his legal fees
    I don't agree with the withdrawal
    on the back of his decision to withdraw from Syria. Lindsey, understandably, sounds disappointed and angry.
    Strong words from Lindsey here, have to say he makes a lot of sense, what the hell is Trump thinking.
    Disgraceful that he's revoked that order and would certainly be interested in hearing him, or the secretary of defense, challenged on it.
    I don't think Trump should be publicly saying he thinks Biden and his son are corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Here you go. If I say I did something, that means I did it:

To be fair, Me and Pete don't agree on much when it comes to politics but he has been pretty consistent in calling Trump out on some things when he feels the need to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

With most deaths happening in Dem controlled states.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭francois

statesaver wrote: »

Stats are meaningless without context, as is your comment..

statesaver wrote: »

States with most deaths.

NY,
    NJ,
    Texas,
    California,
    Florida

Why do you think that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Stats are meaningless without context...and didn't Biden say the figure was 120,000,000 deaths not so long ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Stats are meaningless without context...and didn't Biden say the figure was 120,000,000 deaths not so long ago?

Not really.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-120million-deaths-covid19/

Check out the context.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement