Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Well the precedent of it being fine for thousands of people to mingle for political purposes was set months and months ago. It's even enshrined in certain state's laws. And we saw it in action with the people gathering at the Supreme Court a few days ago.

They just want an opportunity to call Trump supports stupid because that is what they think...they just want to say it without saying it.

The same people will be scratching their heads again in November wondering how stupid are those people who keep voting for the person they hate without a shred of self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Are Trumps rallies different to any other politicians rallies...I remember seeing Obama and Clinton rallies...all looked the same as Trumps really.

Isn't that how you create energy at a rally, why would Trump supporters be any different to Obama supporters?

Well the Obama voters of the rustbelt were very progressive and all round-good-guys in 2008 and 2012. In 2016 when they voted for Trump, they became racists and far right. That's the key difference.

Also it's strange that people are attacking the entertainment of a political rally. That's what they're supposed to be like. If it's a drab, dull affair well you should probably look to hire a new head for your campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Are Trumps rallies different to any other politicians rallies...I remember seeing Obama and Clinton rallies...all looked the same as Trumps really.

Isn't that how you create energy at a rally, why would Trump supporters be any different to Obama supporters?

It's a bit irresponsible during a pandemic. Then again, they wouldn't be too bad if masks were mandatory for all. Outdoors with masks would be safe enough, I think. Not like that one that offed Herman Cain.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Not what I was getting at at all. Why is he holding rallies during a pandemic. Loads of people together in 1 place. Win win for Covid. That's what I was getting at. Its hugely irresponsible behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I believe they are peaceful protests...there has been a lot of those recently.

I thought Trump was holding peaceful protests, not rallies. So why are you comparing Trumps peaceful protests to Obama's rallies?

• Advertisement

It's a bit irresponsible during a pandemic. Then again, they wouldn't be too bad if masks were mandatory for all. Outdoors with masks would be safe enough, I think. Not like that one that offed Herman Cain.

It is risky...from a public health point of view and even a political point of view, I don't doubt that...but Timberrrrr didn't even mention the rallies, he said the average Trump supporter needs loud noises and lots of colour, which is what I was questioning.

I thought Trump was holding peaceful protests, not rallies. So why are you comparing Trumps peaceful protests to Obama's rallies?

You got me!!!! Damn you....you are too quick for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I think Trump would win easily in a fair fight, and so do Democrats, and that is why they’re resorting to dirty tricks associated with mail-in voting to secure a win for Harris Biden.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think Trump would win easily in a fair fight, and so do Democrats, and that is why they’re resorting to dirty tricks associated with mail-in voting to secure a win for Harris Biden.

What are these dirty tricks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What would a fair fight look like in US politics?

Would you consider Trump supporters blocking access to voting as they did in the last few days in Virginia, as 'dirty tricks'? Or what about the Trump campaign sending promotional literature to households which replicate mail in ballots? Or what about Trump sowing the seed suggesting people should vote twice, a federal crime?

What has Biden done which is worse?

• Advertisement

The postal vote is secure though so calling it dirty tricks seems more like you're not confident that he'll win... So already engaging in propaganda.

The postal vote is secure though so calling it dirty tricks seems more like you're not confident that he'll win... So already engaging in propaganda.

Seth Abramson gave a 9 step process by which Trump will try to win.

It included inciting people to break the law, then identifying that having happened, and using that to prevent other postal votes being counted which would be argued at state level courts and use his support there to take away peoples rights.

All very sinister and unfortunately believable.

If our own government suggested mail in voting they'd be laughed at, there isn't a hope in hell we'd accept it....this is as transparent as trying to get Washington DC Statehood.

If our own government suggested mail in voting they'd be laughed at, there isn't a hope in hell we'd accept it....this is as transparent as trying to get Washington DC Statehood.

Plenty of US states have the provision to mail in vote already. Ireland doesn't have the systems in place for large scale postal voting. Claiming fraud where it's entirely unrealistic to occur at that scale and it's recognised to be so is simply a desperate attempt to question a result in advance.

Also people such as yourself are ignoring the reason why the postal vote is prominent this year. There's a pandemic and the US continues to be the worst hit country. It's a matter of public health.

Plenty of US states have the provision to mail in vote already. Ireland doesn't have the systems in place for large scale postal voting. Claiming fraud where it's entirely unrealistic to occur at that scale and it's recognised to be so is simply a desperate attempt to question a result in advance.

Also people such as yourself are ignoring the reason why the postal vote is prominent this year. There's a pandemic and the US continues to be the worst hit country. It's a matter of public health.

Can you show me the science that suggests casting a vote is dangerous. Thanks.

Or maybe the party officials in the Democrat Party are looking at the masses and masses of support for the President all over the US which is visible and evident to all of us probably at greater enthusiasm levels than what they saw in 2016 and they are looking at the complete absence of any enthusiasm for the Harris/Biden ticket and they know the polls are not going to the way we've all been led to believe...which is more believable?

Can you show me the science that suggests casting a vote is dangerous. Thanks.

Large amounts of people gathering to vote in lengthy queues for potentially hours depending on the location. Plus a certain demographic that actively doesn't wear masks. It's not as if voters are going the postal route on some whim...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What are these dirty tricks?

There is no indication that voting in person had caused anyone COVID-19. Democrats have used the tactic of “ballot harvesting,” which is ripe for abuse, in the past. Democrats have also been using to underhanded tactic of allowing biased judges to rule on voting laws that they have no jurisdiction over, and of which is written in the law that the legislature make the rules. Democrat groups are suing to get vote by mail across the country so they can utilize their underhanded tactics.

And I wouldn’t put anything off the table for Democrats using every dirty trick, or illegal tactic, in the book to remove Trump. Just look at the recent past… Spying on Trump, smearing justice Kavanaugh, impeaching Trump over Russian collusion hoax they knew wasn't true, then some made up Quid Pro Quo hoax, and when that didn't work some ridiculous obstruction of justice made up reason. When people show you they can't be trusted over and over again regarding an issue... believe them they can't be trusted?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Large amounts of people gathering to vote in lengthy queues for potentially hours depending on the location. Plus a certain demographic that actively doesn't wear masks. It's not as if voters are going the postal route on some whim...

So no science then...

Is it dangerous to get a cup of coffee....I ask because surely in this election, voting is more important than grabbing a mocha right?

And you vote in the booth alone right?

• Advertisement

Or maybe the party officials in the Democrat Party are looking at the masses and masses of support for the President all over the US which is visible and evident to all of us probably at greater enthusiasm levels than what they saw in 2016 and they are looking at the complete absence of any enthusiasm for the Harris/Biden ticket and they know the polls are not going to the way we've all been led to believe...which is more believable?
    I'm inclined to trust the head of the Electoral Commission over conspiracy theories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53353404
    So no science then...

Is it dangerous to get a cup of coffee....I ask because surely in this election, voting is more important than grabbing a mocha right?

And you vote in the booth alone right?

And being in a queue for a prolonged period with people who potentially aren't wearing masks? Fauci has specified it's most likely safe if people distance and wear masks. Plenty don't take those precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Has boards been hacked?, it’s hard to believe that Trump has 70% support here

There is no indication that voting in person had caused anyone COVID-19. Democrats have used the tactic of “ballot harvesting,” which is ripe for abuse, in the past. Democrats have also been using to underhanded tactic of allowing biased judges to rule on voting laws that they have no jurisdiction over, and of which is written in the law that the legislature make the rules. Democrat groups are suing to get vote by mail across the country so they can utilize their underhanded tactics.

Can you provide a link to these so we can see what exactly you are talking about.
    And I wouldn’t put anything off the table for Democrats using every dirty trick, or illegal tactic, in the book to remove Trump. Just look at the recent past… Spying on Trump, smearing justice Kavanaugh, impeaching Trump over Russian collusion hoax they knew wasn't true, then some made up Quid Pro Quo hoax, and when that didn't work some ridiculous obstruction of justice made up reason. When people show you they can't be trusted over and over again regarding an issue... believe them they can't be trusted?

Do you think if the intelligence services become aware that someone is potentially corroborating with a foreign power to influence an election, that it should be investigated?

How did they smear Kavanaugh?

Even Republicans voted that he had offered a quid pro quo.

Given your last sentence, do you trust Trump, the man who said on the record that he was downplaying Covid-19 and told the electorate it would be gone in a few days?

I'm inclined to trust the head of the Electoral Commission over conspiracy theories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53353404

I'd actually take to the streets in this country to stop mail in voting knowing what I know of Irish political parties...I don't need to state appointed official to tell me I'm just paranoid.

I'd actually take to the streets in this country to stop mail in voting knowing what I know of Irish political parties...I don't need to state appointed official to tell me I'm just paranoid.

You are paranoid.. You're also ignoring that many states have had postal voting for decades. You should be able to point to some large scale fraud in a presidential election? A state that was flipped via voter fraud? The reality is the scale of it simply does not make it remotely viable to engage in fixing an election...

So the only "dirty tricks" are the ones you have invented in your head that "might" be used but there is no evidence of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Has boards been hacked?, it’s hard to believe that Trump has 70% support here

Of course it's hard for you to believe. You've been fed a diet of Orange Man Bad for the last 4 years.

Who in their right mind would support a politician who told people to inject bleach, hates women and black people.

Also remember that time Trump and Co claimed fraud was responsible for the popular vote? Him and his supporters simply shout fraud where anything does not go there way.

Also remember that time Trump and Co claimed fraud was responsible for the popular vote? Him and his supporters simply shout fraud where anything does not go there way.

He also then committed voter fraud by using the wrong address, then recently encouraged his base to commit voter fraud by voting twice.

The man's an imbecile of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

lol. It's like the lies about Trump colluding with the Kremlin to steal the election away from Hillary Clinton never happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement