Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah he's becoming increasingly deranged.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181227887543894016?s=19

"Go back and BLAST!"

Is it all just pew pew pew in his mind? I can't tell if he's for real or just throwing out the most outlandish statements to distract from everything else going on. Apparently his cronies were trying to oust the CEO of a Ukrainian gas company to get themselves in.

It all comes out in the wash as the saying goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You see this is the problem with crying wolf and calling him deranged for almost anything for three years, as now when he's doing something which warrants condemnation, those saying similar to what they have been saying, look disingenuous.

More from Lindsey:

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181236826163613696

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    OH BUT HE'S JOKING.

I mean he may well be, because that was such a patently outrageous statement I checked it was the verified Twitter account. There's where the Presidency has dropped. And as I always say, WE'RE the deranged ones for tracking this nonsense.

So then Trump Whisperers: when has he destroyed Turkey's economy "before?".

This thread feels so entirely redundant at this stage, and unbecoming of this forum. You can't debate a man this demonstrably nonsensical in his utterances, it's like Art Critics reviewing kindergarten hand painting.

ATDS - Actual Trump Derangement Syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great and unmatched wisdom ? Has he been reading his will this morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

'Crying wolf', lol...

This man has always been a dangerous lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You see this is the problem with crying wolf and calling him deranged for almost anything for three years, as now when he's doing something which warrants condemnation, those saying similar to what they have been saying, look disingenuous.

Or maybe it's simply a case that his rhetoric has stretched far past the ability to dismiss as either "eccentric" or that his comments are somehow "joking" (or "locker room talk", as the p*ssy comments were dismissed). Trump has always spoken in outrageous, polarising and vulgar terms. This is not difficult to demonstrate, being as he has been - the Twitter President.

It's worth pointing out the many folk who pleaded around inauguration that this wild, cavalier and brazenly ignorant personality would settle down once the serious business of running the country began. 3 years on, and now the narrative is reframed as either Trump being jocular, or the defence of his Ukrainian controversy some hitherto unseen geopolitical crusade.

I'd be the first to claim that suggestions of (mental) ill health were crude and hyperbolic... but on the evidence of Trumps own utterances, I'm slipping into that line of thinking myself. These tweets are the rantings of a deranged reddit user.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You see this is the problem with crying wolf and calling him deranged for almost anything for three years, as now when he's doing something which warrants condemnation, those saying similar to what they have been saying, look disingenuous

Alternative take - people were right calling him a deranged idiot all along, his supporters are late to the proverbial party and are looking at ways to save face for ignoring it all this time.

Either way, glad you could make it. Pity it took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Penn wrote: »

Hell of a casual statement to throw out on Twitter on a Monday morning. No doubt using his great and unmatched wisdom to deflect attention away from his tax returns by threatening to destroy and obliterate the economy of another country.

How long before there is real push back from other countries for his serial abuse? At some point public opinion in some of these countries, yes even the democratically deficient ones, will demand their leaders confront him. Even if responsible politicians are in power now, the longer this continues the more it will improve the chances of Trump-esque provocateurs promising to make turkey, mexico etc. great again and respected by the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/10/reminder-trump-has-a-massive-conflict-of-interest-in-turkey/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nikki Haley apparently isn't in awe of the great and unmatchedly wise one as perhaps she led us all to believe. She's condemned the abandoning of the Kurds: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-syria-troops-brett-mcgurk/index.html

Her tweet: https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1181191973367160834?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

That "great and unmatched wisdom" comment is astonishing- spent a while just confirming that the Twitter account was genuine!
    Jaw-dropping

fash wrote: »
    That "great and unmatched wisdom" comment is astonishing- spent a while just confirming that the Twitter account was genuine!
    Jaw-dropping

Also, casting shade on Turkey, well that's going to have some long-term consequences I think. They're not a regime to take lightly to criticism - look at the enormous energy they expend denying the genocide of the Armenians. I expect TrumpCo might have a tougher time of it getting juicy business deals in Turkey going forward.

Pat Robertson: Trump 'Allowed Khashoggi to Be Cut in Pieces,’ May Lose ‘The Mandate of Heaven’ Over Syria Pullout

wow

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-robertson-destroys-trump-allowed-khashoggi-to-be-cut-in-pieces-may-lose-the-mandate-of-heaven-over-syria-pullout/

Trump really can't afford to lose Evangelicals and Syria hawks right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Brian O'Donovan RTE Washington has a brilliant, slip of the tongue, saying Brendan Courtney was going to play Trump, before he corrected himself.

Overheal wrote: »
    Pat Robertson: Trump 'Allowed Khashoggi to Be Cut in Pieces,’ May Lose ‘The Mandate of Heaven’ Over Syria Pullout

wow

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-robertson-destroys-trump-allowed-khashoggi-to-be-cut-in-pieces-may-lose-the-mandate-of-heaven-over-syria-pullout/

Well now...

Had not anticipated that. Very much feeling that Curb Your Enthusiasm conflicted meme.

If there is any semblance of momentum behind Robertson's comments, I'd expect Trump to backtrack like our Saviour walking across water.

Water John wrote: »
    Brian O'Donovan RTE Washington has a brilliant, slip of the tongue, saying Brendan Courtney was going to play Trump, before he corrected himself.

Now that I would watch.

Overheal wrote: »

wow

In an era when getting straight answers that's fairly clear and straight forward.

A good list of dates to mark in your diary....

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1181164675842613249?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nikki Haley apparently isn't in awe of the great and unmatchedly wise one as perhaps she led us all to believe. She's condemned the abandoning of the Kurds: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-syria-troops-brett-mcgurk/index.html

Indeed: not 3 days ago....
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/nikki-haley-praises-trump-on-foreign-policy-every-american-should-be-proud/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Strong words from Lindsey here, have to say he makes a lot of sense, what the hell is Trump thinking.

It's all very swift for them, too. They've been very eager to have something other than impeachment to critique the president on so they can maintain an air of objectivism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Water John wrote: »
    Maybe as Sean Spicer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Strong words from Lindsey here, have to say he makes a lot of sense, what the hell is Trump thinking.

And if you ever needed an example of just how biased Fox News are for Trump, just watch that clip. They did everything they could to try to water down his remarks.

But he floored them by equating it with something Obama would do, they can have no defence of that. What a great intervention by Lindsey, he pulled no punches there.

Steve Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury, hasn't stopped the hijinks. Remember his tone-deaf B-movie starlet wife getting into it on Instagram about how much she's contributed to society? Well, seems like Mnuchin's profiteering from his role and lying left and right about what Trump's up to. Oh, and completely disobeying Congress. "Only the best people."
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/steven-mnuchin-trump-corruption-still-happening.html

Igotadose wrote: »

She also appears to be unaware that Turkey are not just America's friends, they are their allies.

I’m seeing reports on Twitter that turkey are allegedly already shelling the YPG in Syria. If that’s true then well done Donald trump. Regardless of what turkey think the Kurds have for better or worse been a strong ally of the USA and trump seems happy to just throw them under the bus.

This despite a clear bipartisan displeasure of the decision by trump. I mean the Turks have made no secret of their feelings on the Kurds and the YPG. They consider them terrorists and trump has basically given the Turks free reign in northern Syria. And what happens if the Kurds are attacked or leave the isis fighters under their control ? These isis fighter most likely won’t just go back to what they are doing pre isis will they. They’ll be free and it’ll be like the stopping of isis never happened.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m seeing reports on Twitter that turkey are allegedly already shelling the YPG in Syria. If that’s true then well done Donald trump. Regardless of what turkey think the Kurds have for better or worse been a strong ally of the USA and trump seems happy to just throw them under the bus.

This despite a clear bipartisan displeasure of the decision by trump. I mean the Turks have made no secret of their feelings on the Kursk and the YPG. They consider them terrorists and trump has basically given the Turks free reign in northern Syria. And what happens if the Kursk are attacked or leave the isis fighters under their control ? These isis fighter most likely won’t just go back to what they are doing pre isis will they. They’ll be free and it’ll be like the stopping of isis never happened.

Sounds to me like Putin is cashing in his chips. He's getting Don to do as much as he can, while he can. Work to discredit the report and also force Ukraine to make peace with Russia, get those sanctions lifted. Meanwhile, sort Syria out by withdrawing troops. Cause discord in America politics, and sure if the deficit is ballooning all the better. Get NATO to fracture, the G7 too.

Not much left on Russia's to do list.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

This despite a clear bipartisan displeasure of the decision by trump. I mean the Turks have made no secret of their feelings on the Kursk and the YPG. They consider them terrorists and trump has basically given the Turks free reign in northern Syria. And what happens if the Kursk are attacked or leave the isis fighters under their control ? These isis fighter most likely won’t just go back to what they are doing pre isis will they. They’ll be free and it’ll be like the stopping of isis never happened.

Sounds to me like Putin is cashing in his chips. He's getting Don to do as much as he can, while he can. Work to discredit the report and also force Ukraine to make peace with Russia, get those sanctions lifted. Meanwhile, sort Syria out by withdrawing troops. Cause discord in America politics, and sure if the deficit is ballooning all the better. Get NATO to fracture, the G7 too.

Not much left on Russia's to do list.
    It’s amazing that what many Soviet/Russian leaders have tried to do since the start of the Cold War and thankfully failed, the current Russian leader is making progress and it’s not even the end of the current US president's first term.

I wonder is trump refusing to release his tax returns because as well as probably revealing he isn’t as wealthy as he claims. It would also back up the claims the Brains of the trump organisation and Eric about getting Russian money years ago would show the russian had compremat in the form of money they gave him ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement