Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

That gawdawful Cadbury's radio ad for Freddo's Treasures. Notwithstanding the amount of packaging waste, the production quality of the ad itself is woeful. Transition year students with no budget could come up with something far superior a multi-million corp's marketing dept.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

'Lets all keep cleaning dose hends'
    Annoying as hell especially as it's on so often on RTE radio. I know it's good to have someone other than a Dub on a radio ad once in a while, but they could have picked someone with a less annoying accent...

What accent even is it? "Irish Cultchy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

your man and his bloody chicken roll with mayonnaise or butter or whatever the fúck he wants on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mikeym wrote: »
    That bloody Vodafone ad with the dancing kid.

Fupp off like!

yeah that Vodafone ad has been getting on my wick. I wouldnt mind if they cast a kid who was actually a top class dancer but they've purposely gone and cast a kid who cant dance so we're supposed to feel sympathy for him. Well I dont anyway and he can do one with his sh1t dancing, nobody wants to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah that Vodafone ad has been getting on my wick. I wouldnt mind if they cast a kid who was actually a top class dancer but they've purposely gone and cast a kid who cant dance so we're supposed to feel sympathy for him. Well I dont anyway and he can do one with his sh1t dancing, nobody wants to see it.

The way he has the camera set up too his family probably saw about 2% of the total performance

• Advertisement

What's the underwater bit in it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

PieOhMy wrote: »
    The way he has the camera set up too his family probably saw about 2% of the total performance

Arent they the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,888 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

/\/ollog wrote: »
    What accent even is it? "Irish Cultchy"?

Pat McDonagh-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I think we should start playing Bad Ad Bingo. Five of these beauties in the same ad break:

1. Monster under the bed one (Three)
    2. Scott's home early (M&Ms)
    3. Just a snog (Malteasers)
    4. Dancing kid (Vodafone)
    5. Aunt effing Viv (Allianz)

All on high rotation. If somebody gets it post "BINGO!" with the time and date ;)

Tim76 wrote: »
    I think we should start playing Bad Ad Bingo. Five of these beauties in the same ad break:

All on high rotation. If somebody gets it post "BINGO!" with the time and date ;)

Everytime one of those comes on I take a shot. This is why I'm permanently hammered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Lotto are on almost every radio break at the moment, not so much on TV as far as I can see but still fairly frequent. Is there a correlation to increased lotto sales when the economy is heading south or something that they are trying to capitalise on?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I can't think of the Vodafone one, but if it's on a par with some of the others listed, I'm probably better off :D

I don't mind the monster one, but it's on soooooooooooo often.
    I have to silence Aunt Viv, and the Maltesers one makes me want to kick the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I saw an ad earlier for Listerine, featuring a CGI talking donkey with an accent straight out of Taggart. Listurrrrine!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

What is with that easolief ad it looks like a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Codeinstitute... stoppit. Your ads pop up between every flipping youtube video I try to watch.

I put on a playlist of music, I understand I'll get an advert. But Codeinstitute pops up so often it ticks me off.

Another one now is 'Swappie', I think? Basically, Irish people come on with badly shot videos filmed on their phone, talking about second hand devices they got dirt cheap.

I don't care if you got an iphone cheap... bugger off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

There’s a Board Bia ad on for eating fish, actual fish that swim in the sea not a euphemism, a mother & daughter, daddy & the sons must be away on a goys rugby trip going by the accents! & also the thought of spiced fish is disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

& yeah that Vodafone ad ad well, someone give that kid a football or a pair of boxing gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Any betting ad that portrays young men having some 'banter'

I hate betting ads.

The one I hate most is the one where a load of fatties tell us how much they love horse racing.
    Teeth grinding muck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I entered this thread just to see if anyone mentioned that Three advert ... has to be my personal most hated atm - agree on the others too, actually the Malteasers one is worse! WHo writes these piles of sheeet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I know a plumber, but his nickname is leaky. I just fall around the house laughing everytime I hear that, what a wit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Has anyone noticed the new ad for chewing gum. A grown man with a full peacock tail growing out of his backside. Girl chews the chewing gum and touches the grown mans peacock tail while he twitches like he’s started having a fit. What kind of demented lunatic came up with that idea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I can't think of the Vodafone one, but if it's on a par with some of the others listed, I'm probably better off :D

I don't mind the monster one, but it's on soooooooooooo often.
    I have to silence Aunt Viv, and the Maltesers one makes me want to kick the tv.

Saw some of the Vodafone one last night. :D

I entered this thread just to see if anyone mentioned that Three advert ... has to be my personal most hated atm - agree on the others too, actually the Malteasers one is worse! WHo writes these piles of sheeet?

I love malteasers(not the ad). Why would anyone in their right mind willfully destroy malteasers?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Dancing kid (Vodafone)
    Aunt Viv (Allianz)
    The One with chip on the car windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I love malteasers(not the ad). Why would anyone in their right mind willfully destroy malteasers?

Malteasers ads have been awful for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The ad for the washing pods where your one Vogue? (Who the f*ck names their kid Vogue) goes on about the click noise and keeping her kid safe. She has about as much charisma as a steaming pile of manure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

spookwoman wrote: »
    The ad for the washing pods where your one Vogue? (Who the f*ck names their kid Vogue) goes on about the click noise and keeping her kid safe. She has about as much charisma as a steaming pile of manure.

"I make lots of little noises while I'm minding Theo....."

The Mrs doesn't appreciate the loud screech I make when she says that line :D

I'm not complaining about that add, but I really dislike those click to close washing pod boxes. For both dishwasher and washing machine, I really hate them. Why you ask? Well I am invariably holding the dishwasher door open trying to fish out one of the pods, or after emptying the washing machine, am holding the clean clothes and trying to put in the pod for the next load.

In my home there are no small children, not likely to be any anytime soon. I really shouldn't need two hands to extract the pod or tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'm not complaining about that add, but I really dislike those click to close washing pod boxes. For both dishwasher and washing machine, I really hate them. Why you ask? Well I am invariably holding the dishwasher door open trying to fish out one of the pods, or after emptying the washing machine, am holding the clean clothes and trying to put in the pod for the next load.

In my home there are no small children, not likely to be any anytime soon. I really shouldn't need two hands to extract the pod or tablet.

They are sometimes hard to open

• Advertisement

And what about 'perf with surf'
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Advertisement