Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

The new Tesco ad with the young girl shovelling spaghetti into her mouth...ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Have Vodafone ever made a good ad. New ad is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The one where the girl spills milk on her dads paper.At this stage I just want to shout out where the blessed page is before he roots through the whole house

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That ad with the goofy chunky ginger dancing around is driving me nuts... Don't ask me what it's for but I hate it with a passion.

I thought he was that Dublin young fella that was rapping about the sausie sambos when I saw the ad first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭CoBo55

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The one where the girl spills milk on her dads paper.At this stage I just want to shout out where the blessed page is before he roots through the whole house

It’s dreadful, yet another make the man look like a fool ad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Floobassi and his infected eyes....I feel sorry for the poor little fecker but the ad is just overexposed at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The way they sing the website name in the moonpig.com adverts does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A badly rendered Philip Schofield sitiing on people's shoulders :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

A badly rendered Philip Schofield sitiing on people's shoulders :mad:

There's another one with Philip's head composited onto someone else's body, to make it look like he's playing keepy-uppy with a football.

It's really unnatural, I caught it the first time I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There's another one with Philip's head composited onto someone else's body, to make it look like he's playing keepy-uppy with a football.

It's really unnatural, I caught it the first time I saw it.

Is that a BBC promo? There's one i saw for upcoming programmes that's so awful I partially blocked it out of my mind. A bunch of presenters, none of whom I recognise, with their heads superimposed onto cartoon bodies sailing in boats etc and other "hilarious" activities.

• Advertisement

Is that a BBC promo? There's one i saw for upcoming programmes that's so awful I partially blocked it out of my mind. A bunch of presenters, none of whom I recognise, with their heads superimposed onto cartoon bodies sailing in boats etc and other "hilarious" activities.

It's for WeBuyAnyCar...

It's uncanny valley, and the movements of his head are really unnatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Re this one I saw it again last night and it's for BBC podcasts. Still no idea who any of the people in it are but some of them seem to be influencer types. There's painful "funny" voices dubbed over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Those Haribo ads with the kids voiceover on the adults is is really bad and grating

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the one where the guy on a sun lounger comes through a georgian audience and asks the opera sing to play something more fun ! then she starts singing donna summer's i feel love. then he says alexa add this to my summer vibes playlist. what a smug t**ser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭trashcan

And then he doesn't hit the roof when the wife hands him the soggy mess. Yeah, very likely !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭CoBo55

trashcan wrote: »
    And then he doesn't hit the roof when the wife hands him the soggy mess. Yeah, very likely !

Like you'd be keeping important documents relating to your mortgage on the kitchen table in front of your ditsy kids... It does my brain in.

New advert for Ecodan heating systems.

Cripes it's bad. Barely tells tell you about the device, then gets all creepy with him spying on this woman...

and then it does a close up on the woman with a shrill 'Get out of my garden'.

Very cheap looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Feckin' Back to School ads :mad:

Them and adverts for colds and flus always irritate me. I start to feel the symptoms of a cold or a flu for the duration of the advert.

Hate em.

Them and adverts for colds and flus always irritate me. I start to feel the symptoms of a cold or a flu for the duration of the advert.

You'll be self-isolating til the Spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Gamergurll

Not an advert I despise but the new Aldi back to school Ad..
    "It's a long time since March 15th!"

They should check their dates 🙄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The one where the girl spills milk on her dads paper. At this stage I just want to shout out where the blessed page is before he roots through the whole house

Exactly.

Is that the one where she is gazing at his passport also? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gamergurll wrote: »
    Not an advert I despise but the new Aldi back to school Ad..
    "It's a long time since March 15th!"

They should check their dates 🙄

That awful set of Lidl ads with that chirpy, trying desperately hard to be funny but failing, lad.
    Latest one, if the results from school are good...make their favourite dinner...

If the results are bad, what then? Starve? Pot noodle?

That awful set of Lidl ads with that chirpy, trying desperately hard to be funny but failing, lad.
    Latest one, if the results from school are good...make their favourite dinner...

If the results are bad, what then? Starve? Pot noodle?

Bernard O'Shea is holding people to ransom... must be, to explain why he's getting plum gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

'Lets all keep cleaning dose hends'
    Annoying as hell especially as it's on so often on RTE radio. I know it's good to have someone other than a Dub on a radio ad once in a while, but they could have picked someone with a less annoying accent...

The one for Nescafe where yer man starts jamming with his guitar in a laundrette...wouldn't encourage me to buy that coffee unless I was a hipster w***er. And it's been on for AGES.

That ad on the radio advertising Dublin city- gonna be one hell of an annoying ad. Personally it would make me head for the furthest city away from it.

The Wayfair ad. It is supposed to be David Attenborough commenting on people's behaviour, but the guy sound absolutely NOTHING like him :mad:

The one where Donatello goes flying out of the sewer to fix somebody's toilet.
    Why? The turtles weren't plumbers! It should have been Super Mario if they had thought it through.

• Advertisement

I see Scott's home early again. Can we not all come together and get this ad banned? It didn't take much for them to get the Tampax ad banned and that wasn't half as annoying.

Advertisement