Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Coca Cola black guy rapping ad which is essentially an ad for Black Lives Matter.

"Lead like a woman"

"I make my vote count, make my voice heard today."

Very very strange from Coke and very offputting.

That ad on the radio advertising Dublin city- gonna be one hell of an annoying ad. Personally it would make me head for the furthest city away from it.

The Imelda May one?

Every time I listen to radio online it plays. :mad:

Really sick of that "poetry in Dublin accent" thing Emmet Kirwan popularised.

"go for a gander, a meander"

Gamergurll wrote: »
    Not an advert I despise but the new Aldi back to school Ad..
    "It's a long time since March 15th!"

They should check their dates ��

All those "family at home" ads are sooo scripted.

They had the kids popping off to school about 2 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Tim76 wrote: »
    I see Scott's home early again. Can we not all come together and get this ad banned? It didn't take much for them to get the Tampax ad banned and that wasn't half as annoying.

Anyone else read "scotts home early" in that damn m+m voice

Tim76 wrote: »
    I see the Maltesers "just a snog" ad is doing the rounds again - haven't the Irish people suffered enough at this stage!

There is a potential rape case in this one too.

"did you get a snog?....can't remember.."

• Advertisement

Permanent TSB with the ad for the jogger who has just spotted her perfect home. :rolleyes:
    Unless money is no object to her, i wouldnt get her hopes up. Id imagine many others will have the same idea in this idyllic leafy suburb where demand > supply

"I hope I've saved enough"

You thick bitch! You determine the market rate of what you want and then save to that.

"sit down if you've ever cried over me"

Stupid nescafe ad while "stand by me" plays in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

$h1t Ad? Perf with Serf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Coca Cola black guy rapping ad which is essentially an ad for Black Lives Matter.

"Lead like a woman"

"I make my vote count, make my voice heard today."

Very very strange from Coke and very offputting.

That's a really annoying, patronising and condescending ad, hate any ad like this that tries to pontificate to everyone about social issues and tries so hard to be "woke" , just advert your product and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The Imelda May one?

Every time I listen to radio online it plays. :mad:

Really sick of that "poetry in Dublin accent" thing Emmet Kirwan popularised.

"go for a gander, a meander"

It was there before Kirwan, it will be there after. And I can't STAND Kirwan's voice.
    He's in some 'animated show' on the RTE player... and it's bloody awful. And Kirwan's in it, trying to put on a skanger accent, but showing how limited he is as an 'actor'.
    Girly Gal wrote: »
    That's a really annoying, patronising and condescending ad, hate any ad like this that tries to pontificate to everyone about social issues and tries so hard to be "woke" , just advert your product and get on with it.

You'd think they'd have learned from their competition (Pepsi) or Gillette and realise you pontificate to people, you're gonna die on your butt.

Case in point-Gilette's 'Is this really the best a man can be?'

They lost 8 billion dollars that year. Get woke, go broke.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gillette-ceo-losing-customers-over-metoo-campaign-is-price-worth-paying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I would also like to add to the discussion around Emmet Kirwan. He's an annoying nothing of a man. A talentless no mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

is it just me or are a lot of Ads on UK tv nothing but doom and gloom, insurance for when you die, leave money for your loved ones, have you had a accident at work, really depressing adverts., Hate them all.

is it just me or are a lot of Ads on UK tv nothing but doom and gloom, insurance for when you die, leave money for your loved ones, have you had a accident at work, really depressing adverts., Hate them all.

The one that irritates me is the one for the TV licence. People lost their jobs, but RTE need their blood money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I didnt think go compare adverts could get more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I see wee Daniel is back stalking his no 1 fan, begging to look at her boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

The one that irritates me is the one for the TV licence. People lost their jobs, but RTE need their blood money.

Got laid off? Fcuk you, pay me.
    COVID-19 tanked the economy? Fcuk you, pay me.
    In hospital on a ventilator, huh? Fcuk you, pay me.

...with apologies to Martin Scorcese. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

madmaggie wrote: »
    I see wee Daniel is back stalking his no 1 fan, begging to look at her boiler.

52062311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You'd think they'd have learned from their competition (Pepsi) or Gillette and realise you pontificate to people, you're gonna die on your butt.

Case in point-Gilette's 'Is this really the best a man can be?'

They lost 8 billion dollars that year. Get woke, go broke.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gillette-ceo-losing-customers-over-metoo-campaign-is-price-worth-paying
    That goes to show that despite what the madia and twitter would have you believe, those woke nutters are just a tiny, very noisy percentage of the population.

That goes to show that despite what the madia and twitter would have you believe, those woke nutters are just a tiny, very noisy percentage of the population.

We see it time and time again, yet folks don't learn.

Ray Darcy - 450k a year for 1 hour a day on radio of the biggest load of sh1te. Monday the highlight of his programme was someone in the office had challenged him to eat a crisp and banana sandwich.

2800 people have to pay their TV License to just fund Ray Darcy.

• Advertisement

Ray Darcy - 450k a year for 1 hour a day on radio of the biggest load of sh1te. Monday the highlight of his programme was someone in the office had challenged him to eat a crisp and banana sandwich.

I cringed. That's just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

storker wrote: »
    Got laid off? Fcuk you, pay me.
    COVID-19 tanked the economy? Fcuk you, pay me.
    In hospital on a ventilator, huh? Fcuk you, pay me.

It's the casual, flippant slogan that makes it worse -

"the licence fee is just part of the terms and conditions of life in Ireland"

Oh really?! Well since you put it that way, here's 160 euro to fund the 5-star lifestyles of people who don't do the slightest bit of work while dodging income tax on their six-figure salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Gamergurll

There's a new one on the UK channels, I can't remember is it for switchmybills .com or similar. Your man keeps saying the word 'automatically' over and over again, I want to rip my ears off. It reminds me of stuck records when I was a child, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

New Vodafone family plan ad. Thanks be to **** the talent competition was cancelled because you would have shamed yourself, you little fat ginger bucktoothed dancing pansy.

RTE2 have an ident which shows a horse's anus. Why did they think that was a good idea? Could they not have shown it's head instead?

There is an ad for the return of Fair City. They have tried to make it really dramatic and exciting, which only underscores what terrible actors they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

"sit down if you've ever cried over me"

Stupid nescafe ad while "stand by me" plays in the background.

Do you have a moment now ?

No, eff off you effing effer. You couldn't be arsed to keep in touch !!

Those ads that try to be all touchy feely, while selling you bloody tea or coffee (Barry's tea, I'm looking at you here too) can just go and fork off with themselves.

There is an ad for the return of Fair City. They have tried to make it really dramatic and exciting, which only underscores what terrible actors they are.

I feel bad for them. Most soap operas are extremely rushed, production wise.You get a script that morning, often have to memorise a week's worth of scripts in a very short span of time.

Everything's workman-like.

You know many of those actors (barring George Mcmahon) can do solid work.

But they trade in doing decent work for steady work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RTE2 have an ident which shows a horse's anus. Why did they think that was a good idea?

I don't know, but that's a bit harsh on poor auld Tubridy.

• Advertisement

Virgin Media's radio ad about being fast. Voiced I believe by Brian Cox. Some piano player who can play really fast. Commonly heard on NewsTalk.

I cringe every time it comes on.

Advertisement