Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    Not fake news. The terms gave changed and measures remain but not for everyone.

That is why its misleading at best. There are still numerous protections out there for people affected by Covid-19 up until January. She didn't post that bit out at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    That is why its misleading at best. There are still numerous protections out there for people affected by Covid-19 up until January. She didn't post that bit out at all.

You said it was fake news its not. Its 100% accurate. Rather than discussing the implications and stating there were still measures in place you decided to dismiss the whole truth of it it.
    The blanket ban on rent hikes and evictions was lifted.

But...
    I suppose when you saw that tweet post, which is about 10 days old, you jumped at the chance to use it for some political point-scoring and posted it here.

You said it was fake news its not. Its 100% accurate.

It isnt. The tweet is misleading. The ban on evictions has not been lifted for anyone effected by Covid-19 which is a lot of people.
    The tweet didnt mention that bit, therefore its misleading.

Ill go through it word for word if you want, as it seems you have terrible trouble reading something and holding onto the information while trying to process it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It isnt. The tweet is misleading. The ban on evictions has not been lifted for anyone effected by Covid-19 which is a lot of people.
    The tweet didnt mention that bit, therefore its misleading.

Ill go through it word for word if you want, as it seems you have terrible trouble reading something and holding onto the information while trying to process it.

From 'fake' to 'misleading' now. That's something I suppose.

From 'fake' to 'misleading' now. That's something I suppose.

Twitter has been censoring tweets by people like Donald Trump because it contains misleading information regards Covid-19

It all falls under the umbrella of Fake News.

• Advertisement

Twitter has been censoring tweets by people like Donald Trump because it contains misleading information regards Covid-19

It all falls under the umbrella of Fake News.

The Fake News here is that the tweet was in anyway fake. The tweet may not have had all the detail...tweets are not designed for detail as we know. There was nothing Fake' about it and your teenagery urge to brand everything you don't like as Trumpian is nauseatingly childish tbh.

There was a ban on all evictions and raising of rent.
    That is no more. It has been lifted. 100% accurate.

Now some people can avail of assistance in those instances if they can prove they were adversely affected by Covid.

It's almost akin to arguing prohibition isn't over, you can't get locked in a maternity ward.

The landlords have wiggle room to get back to profiting off the misery of others, including the tax payer who in some cases will be paying those rents or part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My god this is incessant.

I'll need to move to LA at this rate to get away from ye all!

My god this is incessant.

I'll need to move to LA at this rate to get away from ye all!

It's all attack and amateur hour psychology, no discussion.

EDIT:

I take that back. We'd two lads talking about drinking larger yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's all attack and amateur hour psychology, no discussion.

EDIT:

I take that back. We'd two lads talking about drinking larger yesterday.

“LARGER”. What kind of drink is that, a chara.

Never come across it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

“LARGER”. What kind of drink is that, a chara.

Never come across it.

I don't think you're supposed to do that with it Brendan, you're only meant to drink it lad.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't think you're supposed to do that with it Brendan, you're only meant to drink it lad.

Never drank any beverage described as ‘Larger’ a chara.

Never drank any beverage described as ‘Larger’ a chara.

The partner had a glass of beer in the pub, I prefer a larger lager myself.

Good lad Francie, tankard of ‘London Pride’ was it .

Good lad Francie, tankard of ‘London Pride’ was it .

None of that dishwater, nice German one

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Ignore them.
    They can't play the ball so they bring down the player.
    Typical of the less skilled.

The Fake News here is that the tweet was in anyway fake. The tweet may not have had all the detail...

Thank you for siding with me.

https://www.webwise.ie/teachers/what-is-fake-news/
    Lots of things you read online especially in your social media feeds may appear to be true, often is not. False information is news, stories or hoaxes created to deliberately misinform or deceive readers. Usually, these stories are created to either influence people’s views, push a political agenda or cause confusion

As I will repeat, the tweet itself was very misleading as it the fact is, the 'ban' was not lifted for those effected by Covid-19.

There was a ban on all evictions and raising of rent.
    That is no more. It has been lifted. 100% accurate.

Apart from the little fact that one cannot evict all, which of course is the issue.

There are still protections for people affected by Covid-19, so the ban on all evictions has not been lifted.

I see you are not very good at this.

https://consequently.org/news/2019/teaching-logical-methods/

Thank you for siding with me.

As I will repeat, the tweet itself was very misleading as it the fact is, the 'ban' was not lifted for those effected by Covid-19.

Certainly was. The ban is lifted. Some can avail of similar protections if they can prove they meet the criteria.

Apart from the little fact that one cannot evict all, which of course is the issue.

There are still protections for people affected by Covid-19, so the ban on all evictions has not been lifted.

I see you are not very good at this.

https://consequently.org/news/2019/teaching-logical-methods/

I see you bull****ted and back tracked. You went from 'fake news' to 'misleading'.

You would rather shut a discussion down by calling people liars than debate it.

• Advertisement

I see you bull****ted and back tracked. You went from 'fake news' to 'misleading'.

Em, I just posted a link from Website, who are:
    Webwise is the Irish Internet Safety Awareness Centre which is co-funded by the Department of Education and Skills and is co-financed by the European Union’s Connecting Europe Facility.

They had a fairly decent explanation on what is Fake News

Lots of things you read online especially in your social media feeds may appear to be true, often is not. False information is news, stories or hoaxes created to deliberately misinform or deceive readers. Usually, these stories are created to either influence people’s views, push a political agenda or cause confusion

In other words, misleading information posted online falls under the term 'fake news'.

You replied to this post, but I guess you a) didn't read the pertinent bits of the post or b) don't understand the pertinent bits. c) don't care

Please enlighten yourself and take a few minutes to read the page I posted. It will clarify the matter for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'd say you should agree on a Current Affairs Subbuteo 0-0 draw. Next meeting to be arranged when Leo or Mary Lou post a tweet that nobody actually cares about.

This global recession coming up is going to be a bad one, isn't it? And then we have this GPT-3 thing coming along. And I'd buy Microsoft shares if there's any truth to the rumours they are going to deliver a 4-fold improvement on that by eoy.

Oh 'blanket'...so thats were I got it.
    The Government introduced a blanket ban on evictions and rent increases in response to the Covid-19 crisis in March, which is now due to end on Saturday or August 1st.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lifting-of-full-ban-on-evictions-and-rent-increases-approved-1012588.html

Both the government and I say its over.
    Now some people, who meet the new criteria, can avail of similar safe guards.

Again, we are all in this together, but they really mean it for landlords...
    However, Tipperary TD Mattie McGrath defended the rights of landlords, saying some tenants have abused their neighbours and engaged in drug-dealing during the eviction ban:

“We have situations were landlords have been tormented by tenants, causing huge levels of antisocial behaviour, throwing parties, drug dealing, tormenting and abusing the neighbours, and indeed theft.

That team sure like sticking it to societal groups. Tenants, sure half of them are only pretending they can't afford to buy...or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Oh 'blanket'...so thats were I got it.

Both the government and I say its over.
    Now some people, who meet the new criteria, can avail of similar safe guards.

Again, we are all in this together, but they really mean it for landlords...

That team sure like sticking it to societal groups. Tenants, sure half of them are only pretending they can't afford to buy...or something.

Yes that is exactly what they are doing.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes that is exactly what they are doing.....

Early shift today for you

Early shift today for you

Rather than discussing the implications it's always going for the shut down.

If a landlord moves to evict you or raises the rent what do you do to prove you've been affected financially by covid and who do you go to about it? Will the turn around be quicker than the bailiffs turning up? Will it be quicker than the next rent due date? I've no idea.

Its lunacy.....whole country raging over that eviction yesterday in dublin

That lad screaming fake news,when people point out evictions happening

Its lunacy.....whole country raging over that eviction yesterday in dublin

That lad screaming fake news,when people point out evictions happening

The way to tackle it would have been, 'yes, but those same assists are still available for some people....'. Instead you get 'fake news' and people called liars etc. It's not debate or discussion. They've practically closed down the thread talking about drinking cans and the like. No intervention. There was a time if you called someone a liar you had to back it up or get sanctioned, same for going way off topic to derail.

There are going to be major issues resulting in the number of homeless rising and the tax payer paying the bill, but that money will find a way into the pockets of private landlords so it's all good.

The way to tackle it would have been, 'yes, but those same assists are still available for some people....'. Instead you get 'fake news' and people called liars etc. It's not debate or discussion. They've practically closed down the thread talking about drinking cans and the like. No intervention. There was a time if you called someone a liar you had to back it up or get sanctioned, same for going way off topic to derail.

How someone could expect people to fall for there no evictions in ireland line,when it was 1st thing on the news/news sites last night is mind boggling

• Advertisement

How someone could expect people to fall for there no evictions in ireland line,when it was 1st thing on the news/news sites last night is mind boggling

Once the Air B and B's get back up and running we'll be paying for a lot of new homeless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement