Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    Doesn't even have the hair for it.

And here we have it, in all its glory

Sinn Fein politics.....Leo going for dinner one day, buying shoes the next, now it’s his hair

What will it next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shefwedfan wrote:
    What will it next week?

Complaints over his back, sack and crack, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Sinn Fein politics.....Leo going for dinner one day, buying shoes the next, now it’s his hair

What will it next week?

It could be anything, it's get Leo time.
    Laughable when you analyse it, Leo and FG are demonised for everything they say virtually yet if it's and form of self criticism or critical of Leo in particular then it's gospel.
    Lads who gave nods to FG TD's even, and lads who claim anyone critical of SF have grudges to grind using that same tactic themselves.
    Opposition party supporters are like that, disgruntled with everything and everyone in govt.
    Sore chappies mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »

What will it next week?

Didn't you say you're an FF party voter, what was your opinion on James Lawless having a go at him, basically telling him to stfu about matters that didn't concern him?

You were strangely quiet on that for a lad whose very opinionated on everything else.

On another note, the old twitter machine was running on overdrive here locally for the last couple of days. A FF TD getting the ire.
    He got my number one in the election but never again, and not because of this, but because one of his first acts was to write a letter of representation for some gougers who were in court on serious assault charges, who were subsequently the target of CAB.
    A good local rep I thought and we needed one, I doubt Mr Flaherty is it now.
    But anyway the twitter mafia is discussing this.
    https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/566449/longford-westmeath-td-joe-flaherty-slams-blatantly-untrue-cab-raid-claims.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Laughable when you analyse it, Leo and FG are demonised for everything they say virtually yet if it's and form of self criticism or critical of Leo in particular then it's gospel.
    Lads who gave nods to FG TD's even, and lads who claim anyone critical of SF have grudges to grind using that same tactic themselves.
    Opposition party supporters are like that, disgruntled with everything and everyone in govt.
    Sore chappies mostly.

Sounds suspiciously like what I posted yesterday evening, only the fellow "I gave a nod to" was of FF stock, I don't bother voting for party's, I vote for the candidate.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sounds suspiciously like what I posted yesterday evening, only the fellow "I gave a nod to" was of FF stock, I don't bother voting for party's, I vote for the candidate.

Yes OK, I get that, did it myself and got caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-51318297

What in Gods name is this about?

Surely the Shinners aren’t looking for ‘pensions’ for the ‘bhoys’.

And they want the Brits to fund it!

Tell me it ain’t true........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-51318297

What in Gods name is this about?

Surely the Shinners aren’t looking for ‘pensions’ for the ‘bhoys’.

And they want the Brits to fund it!

Tell me it ain’t true........

This has been about for quite some time but hasn’t been enacted. it’s annual payment for victims of the troubles from both sides. Some who had absolutely nothing to do with the conflict and were innocent bystanders maimed, paralysed, blinded etc. Not sure what the issue is or why it’s a ‘shinner’ thing, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sore chappies mostly.

Yes we get our fair share of look what some shinner said this week alright.
    Yet when government policy issues are raised some just want to sidetrack back to SF or more interested in playing the victim anytime anyone makes light of Varadkar or one of the other gaffe prone 'best people'.

• Advertisement

On another note, the old twitter machine was running on overdrive here locally for the last couple of days. A FF TD getting the ire.
    He got my number one in the election but never again, and not because of this, but because one of his first acts was to write a letter of representation for some gougers who were in court on serious assault charges, who were subsequently the target of CAB.
    A good local rep I thought and we needed one, I doubt Mr Flaherty is it now.
    But anyway the twitter mafia is discussing this.
    https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/566449/longford-westmeath-td-joe-flaherty-slams-blatantly-untrue-cab-raid-claims.html

Not a good look.
    Will Heather Humphreys still be getting your support?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Didn't you say you're an FF party voter, what was your opinion on James Lawless having a go at him, basically telling him to stfu about matters that didn't concern him?

You were strangely quiet on that for a lad whose very opinionated on everything else.

Do you have the conversation in full? I will comment then

Or is it your normal half assed poorly researched twitter rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,367 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    Not a good look.

Ceann Comhairle involved in this stuff too.

Not a good look.

Heather hasn't been proven to do anything wrong.
    Flaherty has been proven to have written a letter himself with intent to at least influence the courts.
    I pay lip service to the recent twitter social media thing.
    When you get a lad saying he will clean up your county town as an election promise then within a wet week writing to the courts to try to get gougers a lighter sentence for a horrific crime, time to pull the plug.

Heather hasn't been proven to do anything wrong.
    Flaherty has been proven to have written a letter himself with intent to at least influence the courts.
    I pay lip service to the recent twitter social media thing.
    When you get a lad saying he will clean up your county town as an election promise then within a wet week writing to the courts to try to get gougers a lighter sentence for a horrific crime, time to pull the plug.

Agreed bad form.

Heather passed on a letter seeking clemency for an animal abuser already banned from keeping animals. That's a fact.
    The only debate is did she know what the letter was or does she moonlight as a courier?

Agreed bad form.

Heather passed on a letter seeking clemency for an animal abuser already banned from keeping animals. That's a fact.
    The only debate is did she know what the letter was or does she moonlight as a courier?

When you have FACTS... get back to the thread, a chara.

When you have FACTS... get back to the thread, a chara.

Facts on this thread are hillarious.....

Some randomer on Twitter who is clearly another SF troll and it’s a FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

What did she do?

What did she do?

Not a member of SF so the trolls are after her

That’s about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Fair play to Catherine Martin on dealing swiftly with the Bord Failte chairman.

If a FFG minister were in charge they would have made him a senator.

• Advertisement

Have you proof of that, or just guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Martin did the right thing in showing the Failte lad the door.

Nice,quick and clean too which is a plus in this posters book.

Contrast that with the male Martin's handling of the Barry Cowan issue .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Martin did the right thing in showing the Failte lad the door.

Nice,quick and clean too which is a plus in this posters book.

Contrast that with the male Martin's handling of the Barry Cowan issue .....

Yep and Leo's handling of Bailey which eventually forced him to call an early election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

He only resigned because he got caught. Can't imagine how many foreign holidays the rest are having, laughing it up while we obediently stay at home minding their rules.

All out protests every day until the entire political system is reformed from the bottom up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The sooner leo is back in charge the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Only after the LP and the Shinners called for his head.

Yep and Leo's handling of Bailey which eventually forced him to call an early election.

It was the astonishing mess in Health that forced the election. Harris was going to be forced to walk the plank, an election was called to avoid that.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Only after the LP and the Shinners called for his head.

Fionnan Sheahan pointing that out on Twitter this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Given Cawley's very impressive CV, you'd have to assume he will be a loss to Failte Ireland. He was a key man in Ryanair's massive growth across Europe, plus he holds a number of other high profile directorships.

But also given his CV, you'd have to wonder how he thought this was a good idea or how he thought he'd get away with it. Pity it ended this way.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Given Cawley's very impressive CV, you'd have to assume he will be a loss to Failte Ireland. He was a key man in Ryanair's massive growth across Europe, plus he holds a number of other high profile directorships.

But also given his CV, you'd have to wonder how he thought this was a good idea or how he thought he'd get away with it. Pity it ended this way.

It doesn’t matter if anyone is good at their job or that they will be a huge loss

At least SF got the chance to have another speech about nothing in particular but of course the outrage was incredible.....as usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement