Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

I asked
    In fact you need not have to look long where some members here accuse those who might have voted SF of supporting terrorism and murder. Are these not equally vile and detestable insults and slurs?
    markodaly wrote: »
    The excuse of 'sure everyone does it' is not an excuse.
    First of all you provided no proof of this and secondly two wrongs don't make a right.

SF especially seems to have an aggressive bullying element within them, and are very vocal online especially on social media.

Absolutely not, when you have guys like Dessie Ellis in the party and running for a TD, then the accusations are 100% fair game.
    Dont know who he is?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/top-sinn-fein-man-dessie-ellis-linked-to-50-deaths-29009506.html

Yes, you should so please back up your first point with some facts please.

Find us say, a Green member who was caught abusing other TD's and local business people via Twitter. You can start there and work your way out.

So it is your contention that anyone who votes or supports SF is fully supportive of the terrorism and murder?

Including myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Was this not sent in as a whatsapp group message??

Like everything on internet eventually finding its way to a bigger audience?

This is a major problem for political party's now, social media.
    Every member of every party has a public voice, and the vitriol is inclined to seep out.
    The campaign to see which party is worst is underway.
    Fair cop if someone is caught using their own account, it shows their true beliefs and highlights their weakness for all to see, but using pseudonyms and false accounts, hiding your true identity so you can release your vitriol and insult all round you willy nilly is taking it to another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is a major problem for political party's now, social media.
    Every member of every party has a public voice, and the vitriol is inclined to seep out.
    The campaign to see which party is worst is underway.
    Fair cop if someone is caught using their own account, it shows their true beliefs and highlights their weakness for all to see, but using pseudonyms and false accounts, hiding your true identity so you can release your vitriol and insult all round you willy nilly is taking it to another level.

Varadkar 'suggested creating anonymous accounts online to make positive comments on news'

Equally true if you're blowing your own trumpet.

You'd have to wonder if any of them ever made their way on to boards.ie.

efanton wrote: »
    I asked

So it is your contention that anyone who votes or supports SF is fully supportive of the terrorism and murder?

Including myself?

Thats is a valid contention to make.
    New SF has members that still throw out the up the RA and tiochaidh ar lá salutes.
    Whatever you make of the IRA campaign, it did involve murder and terrorism and SF are still supportive of that campaign.
    Of course our two other main party's are founded from the same sort of campaign, but that was a hundred years ago, so they're now pure. :) and so are their voters :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

New SF has members that still throw out the up the RA and tiochaidh ar lá salutes.
    Whatever you make of the IRA campaign, it did involve murder and terrorism and SF are still supportive of that campaign.
    Of course our two other main party's are founded from the same sort of campaign, but that was a hundred years ago, so they're now pure. :) and so are their voters :D.
    So are you saying we should all live to the standards of 100 years ago with no concept of democracy and accountability.
    Why not start sending kids up chimneys to clean them and bring back childhood deaths while we are at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edgware wrote: »
    So are you saying we should all live to the standards of 100 years ago with no concept of democracy and accountability.
    Why not start sending kids up chimneys to clean them and bring back childhood deaths while we are at it

What was democratic about gerrymandering, lack of proper housing and education because you happened to be a catholic edge?

What was democratic about shooting people who protested the lack of the above dead in the street and spending your military might making sure that 'democratic system stayed in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

What was democratic about gerrymandering, lack of proper housing and education because you happened to be a catholic edge?

What was democratic about shooting people who protested the lack of the above dead in the street and spending your military might making sure that 'democratic system stayed in place?
    Thats the difference between 1920 and 2020

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Who care's about house or apartments, where did Leo buy his shoes?.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edgware wrote: »
    Thats the difference between 1920 and 2020

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Are they the same IRA ceased violence, signed up to peace and politics and have former members active in democratic politics? Or do we skip that part and go from the last bombing campaign to 2020? Not very honest is it?
    Then of course we've people like yourself and FF/FG who will pat themselves on the back for their part in this peace, take awards, but piss on it for a sly dig if criticised on their polices today.
    Some of us vote based on changes we'd like to see made and will vote for whoever looks to bring them. Party loyalty for party loyalty sake is a nonsense.

FYI: I'd suggest all the votes FG lost had to go somewhere.

• Advertisement

Methinks I was taken too seriously!

Methinks I was taken too seriously!

I got that your tone was humourous but your point is a commonly used one. FF/FG get criticised, wheel in the IRA ad nauseam.

This could be good...
    Employers will be entitled to a financial incentive of €3,000 to take on apprentices under a new scheme to be announced today.

Minister for Higher Education and Innovation Simon Harris wants to expand the model to include more sectors of the economy as it recovers from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

If the employee gets set towards a trade it might work out. Earlier models open to abuse by employers if the money is contingent on official training they'll get something out of our taxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I did find that it's tough to find this sort of thing associated with Fine Gael. Oh, it's out there, but it doesn't make top story on RTE or get several days of running opinion pieces in the Irish Times, especially around election time. That's not a conspiracy theory. It's facts. Supposing why might be considered 'conspiracy' theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Varadkar 'suggested creating anonymous accounts online to make positive comments on news'

Equally true if you're blowing your own trumpet.

You'd have to wonder if any of them ever made their way on to boards.ie.

Difference is he suggested it...cue outrage

Sinn Fein are actually doing it, don’t see you outraged about that?

You do have to wonder if they made it onto boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

efanton wrote: »

Including myself?

Fully support of terrorism and murder? It depends of course. Many of the usual suspects that defend SF to the hilt come what may fit that profile, of course, I cannot read into the hearts of minds of all their voters.

I would say most people even realise it what SF is really all about underneath it all, but they will learn soon enough.

So, at best the are ignorant, at worst they support terrorists and murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Criticism of housing policy >>>>>>>> cue pile on to SF and those who do not support the government in everything they do.

Criticism of housing policy >>>>>>>> cue pile on to SF and those who do not support the government in everything they do.

You still lost in Los Angles? Or you back in the land of Eire yet? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Whats this.... some SF bot (look at this profile) tweets out an article about some FG candidate about an incident that happened 10 years.....
    Oh, yes, lets talk about THAT but ignore what happened over the last few days.

Co-ordinated and tactical.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Fully support of terrorism and murder? It depends of course. Many of the usual suspects that defend SF to the hilt come what may fit that profile, of course, I cannot read into the hearts of minds of all their voters.

I would say most people even realise it what SF is really all about underneath it all, but they will learn soon enough.

So, at best the are ignorant, at worst they support terrorists and murder.

The only "defenders to the hilt" on here are FF and FG sycophants.

I'm a former member of FG and I have only ever given 2 preferences to SF (2011 Prez, 2020 GE) in my life, and I would rather stab myself in the face with a fork than ever vote for FF or the like of PBP/Sol etc, but the absolute derangement towards SF and anyone who may have had the temerity to vote for them is unhealthy in here.

Especially in a thread about the Govt.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You still lost in Los Angles? Or you back in the land of Eire yet? :-)

Poor angle [sic].

Honestly Shef, why do you bother?

---

Do you still not know what "LA housing" is or would refer to - especially in the context of the post to which you are referring? Or are you hiding your ignorance behind snark as usual?

It's okay to learn new things everyday. Even new acronyms.

Poor angle [sic].

Honestly Shef, why do you bother?

---

Do you still not know what "LA housing" is or would refer to - especially in the context of the post to which you are referring? Or are you hiding your ignorance behind snark as usual?

It's okay to learn new things everyday. Even new acronyms.

LA housing, houses in Los Angles....am I wrong?

Yes because Sinn Fein really want to bring up sexual predators....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

People come into threads about Irish govt and talk about housing in Los Angeles USA all the time.

Easy mistake to make I suppose.

/End sarcasm.

Your angle on this is very wrong.

That you could even construe it as possibly meaning "Los Angeles" given the context in which the post was made and the content of the post is worrying, though not surprising. It's also worrying that myself and others have used "LA" in posts about housing repeatedly over the course of many pages on this thread and you still haven't picked up on it.

If you don't understand something so fundamental in the housing sphere like an oft-used acronym like "LA", then I would have to assume that you're not exactly on the ball when it comes to Irish politics or discussion of same.

I guess there was no way you could shoehorn a snarky comment about Sinn Féin into your snarky reply.

However, you derailed any discussion on the abomination of co-living so I guess your goal was achieved. Medals all 'round on Mount St for Shef.

McMurphy wrote: »
    People come into threads about Irish govt and talk about housing in Los Angeles USA all the time.

Easy mistake to make I suppose.

/End sarcasm.

All sorts of c**p get dragged up on this thread by a few, Los Angles housing would be probably one of the more sane topics :-)

All sorts of c**p get dragged up on this thread by a few, Los Angles housing would be probably one of the more sane topics :-)

Dig up Shef.

Your angle on this is very wrong.

That you could even construe it as possibly meaning "Los Angeles" given the context in which the post was made and the content of the post is worrying, though not surprising. It's also worrying that myself and others have used "LA" in posts about housing repeatedly over the course of many pages on this thread and you still haven't picked up on it.

If you don't understand something so fundamental in the housing sphere like an oft-used acronym like "LA", then I would have to assume that you're not exactly on the ball when it comes to Irish politics or discussion of same.

I guess there was no way you could shoehorn a snarky comment about Sinn Féin into your snarky reply.

However, you derailed any discussion on the abomination of co-living so I guess your goal was achieved. Medals all 'round on Mount St for Shef.

So your the minister for housing now with an in-depth knowledge?

Doesn’t look too bad to me
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.joe.ie/amp/life-style/co-living-coming-dublin-heres-exactly-means-612981

• Advertisement

So your the minister for housing now with an in-depth knowledge?

Doesn’t look too bad to me
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.joe.ie/amp/life-style/co-living-coming-dublin-heres-exactly-means-612981

Where did I say I am the minister? Do I have to be minister to either discuss or have an "in-depth knowledge" of this?

Don't get too bogged down on the latest tangent you've decided to run down as a distraction from your acute lack of knowledge

---

You still don't know what "LA" means in the housing context and you're sending me links to joe.ie about co-living and accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about?

"Doesn't look to bad too me!"- of course it doesn't, you'll never have to live in one.

Same way that "National Service is a great idea", for everyone who will never have to do it.

As I said Shef, dig up, you're in over your head here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement