Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Fully support of terrorism and murder? It depends of course. Many of the usual suspects that defend SF to the hilt come what may fit that profile, of course, I cannot read into the hearts of minds of all their voters.

I would say most people even realise it what SF is really all about underneath it all, but they will learn soon enough.

So, at best the are ignorant, at worst they support terrorists and murder.

You constantly confuse calling out irrelevant SF whataboutery in the face of FF/FG criticism, rather than addressing the criticism, defending SF.

Even the IRA don't support terrorists or murder ffs. Do you know what year you are in? This isn't me defending the IRA. This is me calling out your nonsense. See how that works?

Whats this.... some SF bot (look at this profile) tweets out an article about some FG candidate about an incident that happened 10 years.....
    Oh, yes, lets talk about THAT but ignore what happened over the last few days.

Co-ordinated and tactical.

So he's just 'some' FG candidate and it was '10 years ago' :rolleyes:
    Hypocrisy.

What happened over the last few days you said was mostly a SF thing. Upon request you got examples of it being a FG thing and the party leader suggesting FG set up anonymous online accounts.

Taoiseach says senior Fine Gael official behind insulting tweets to women should resign

Barry Walsh:

"Some stupid Sinn Fein bitch on Claire Byrne refusing to condemn comments by another Provo wag re McCabe murder. Leopards, spots etc."

""Some daft old bitch on @BreakfastNT goes on rant about not getting pension rise from Enda Kenny....then says she always votes for FF!"

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/taoiseach-says-senior-fine-gael-11536168
    Fine Gael TD advisor admits ‘Mary Lube McDonald’ tweet was ‘not right’
    https://extra.ie/2020/02/06/news/politics/mary-lube-mcdonald

FG councillor defends his 'love' for Blueshirts' Nazi-style salute

A Fine Gael councillor has defended a late night tweet where he expressed his "love" for a picture of Blueshirts performing a Nazi-style salute.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-councillor-defends-his-love-for-blueshirts-nazi-style-salute-39274128.html

You opened your own can of worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Where did I say I am the minister? Do I have to be minister to either discuss or have an "in-depth knowledge" of this?

Don't get too bogged down on the latest tangent you've decided to run down as a distraction from your acute lack of knowledge

---

You still don't know what "LA" means in the housing context and you're sending me links to joe.ie about co-living and accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about?

"Doesn't look to bad too me!"- of course it doesn't, you'll never have to live in one.

Same way that "National Service is a great idea", for everyone who will never have to do it.

As I said Shef, dig up, you're in over your head here.

When did I say you don’t know what your talking about?

LA means Los Angeles , no idea why your so confused. One of the most common acronyms used in the World.

Have you lived in co-living?

Bowie wrote: »
    Hypocrisy.

What happened over the last few days you said was mostly a SF thing. Upon request you got examples of it being a FG thing and the party leader suggesting FG set up anonymous online accounts.

FG suggested it

Sinn Fein done it

So if your so outraged at FG and Leo for suggesting it what’s your opinion on SF actually doing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hypocrisy.

Like something from China.
    FG TD getting Gardai to caution professor at an airport over criticism online.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/garda-caution-professor-who-criticised-10756999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    When did I say you don’t know what your talking about?

LA means Los Angeles , no idea why your so confused. One of the most common acronyms used in the World.

Have you lived in co-living?

Ah now. Seriously, is this where you are now?

"LA MEANS LOS ANGELES HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS???"

Yes, I'm the confused one here. /sar

Your lack of self-awareness is a concern. You should probably go get some air.

Ah now. Seriously, is this where you are now?

"LA MEANS LOS ANGELES HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS???"

Yes, I'm the confused one here. /sar

Your lack of self-awareness is a concern. You should probably go get some air.

Why the caps? We are all friends here

Type in LA into google and see what comes up

You forgot to tell me about your experience in co-living

Why the caps? We are all friends here

The caps are representative of how you've been ranting on about "LA" now for a good long while now.
    Type in LA into google and see what comes up

Seriously?

Honestly, just ask one of us what it means and we could tell you. It's okay. Every day can be a school day, even at your age.
    You forgot to tell me about your experience in co-living

I didn't forget. I don't understand why it's relevant to you or this discussion.

Must one experience everything to understand everything?

Or can a person extrapolate from various experiences in order to come to some educated and knowledgeable conclusions?

The caps are representative of how you've been ranting on about "LA" now for a good long while now.

Seriously?

Honestly, just ask one of us what it means and we could tell you. It's okay. Every day can be a school day, even at your age.

I didn't forget. I don't understand why it's relevant to you or this discussion.

Must one experience everything to understand everything?

Or can a person extrapolate from various experiences in order to come to some educated and knowledgeable conclusions?

Unfortunately I don’t think you understand what “ranting” means. Have a read over your own last few posts and it will give you an idea.

If you don’t understand that’s ok, we can’t all know everything. You must understand it’s not an educated and knowledgeable conclusion? It’s what I would call uninformed waffle.

Unfortunately I don’t think you understand what “ranting” means. Have a read over your own last few posts and it will give you an idea.

I'll give it to you, you're tenacious. Most people would have taken it on the chin and called it a learning experience but not Shef. He's doubling down on his ignorance of what was being discussed and is making it personal.

Given your penchant for accusing people of "ranting" all over this site when you don't understand what they are talking about or when you simply disagree with them, well, I thought it apt and rather "snarky" to refer to your ill-informed posts the same way. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for Shef I would think. He can take a joke and is a delight in company.
    If you don’t understand that’s ok, we can’t all know everything. You must understand it’s not an educated and knowledgeable conclusion? It’s what I would call uninformed waffle.

We all can't know everything Shef, that is correct, but if the standards by which you are trying to apply to me in this instance, were applied to everything and everyone else on this site, then surely it follows no-one can really talk about anything lest they have direct experience of it. That seems like a high bar for the CA forum don't you think?

If you believe my educated and knowledgeable posts on housing and housing policy are "uninformed waffle", then by all means, please counter them with your own informed "experience" of same.

I'm all 'ears'.

To be honest, I do enjoy our little chats. It shows up just how disingenuous your posts are.

Have you ever lived in a "co-living" arrangement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger here today..... best stay away ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lot of anger here today..... best stay away ..

Crack open the skull on something cold, bubbly, strong, and Eastern European, Brendan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Whats this.... some SF bot (look at this profile) tweets out an article about some FG candidate about an incident that happened 10 years.....
    Oh, yes, lets talk about THAT but ignore what happened over the last few days.

Co-ordinated and tactical.

It was in the papers before the election! Sinn Féin don't write the papers

It was all over social media at the time

Same Senator has also a court case coming up for thumping someone on the street after a load of pints, and he then cried to the local papers he had a drink problem and it was out of character

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yes because Sinn Fein really want to bring up sexual predators....

This is a FG TD sexual assaulting someone nothing to do with Sinn Féin

Crack open the skull on something cold, bubbly, strong, and Eastern European, Brendan.

karpackie.png

I'll give it to you, you're tenacious. Most people would have taken it on the chin and called it a learning experience but not Shef. He's doubling down on his ignorance of what was being discussed and is making it personal.

Given your penchant for accusing people of "ranting" all over this site when you don't understand what they are talking about or when you simply disagree with them, well, I thought it apt and rather "snarky" to refer to your ill-informed posts the same way. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for Shef I would think. He can take a joke and is a delight in company.

We all can't know everything Shef, that is correct, but if the standards by which you are trying to apply to me in this instance, were applied to everything and everyone else on this site, then surely it follows no-one can really talk about anything lest they have direct experience of it. That seems like a high bar for the CA forum don't you think?

If you believe my educated and knowledgeable posts on housing and housing policy are "uninformed waffle", then by all means, please counter them with your own informed "experience" of same.

I'm all 'ears'.

To be honest, I do enjoy our little chats. It shows up just how disingenuous your posts are.

Have you ever lived in a "co-living" arrangement?

No

Never said I have?

Really you need to read other peoples posts. You go off on a rant about things nobody ever said.....

If you think these are chats you really need to get out and start talking to people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

karpackie.png

Ha ha the SCU going into full white noise mode. That's when you know lads are rattled.

smurgen wrote: »
    Ha ha the SCU going into full white noise mode. That's when you know lads are rattled.

Might be trying to get the thread closed. Or shifted to After Hours.

Who exactly is “rattled” buddy.

No

Never said I have?

Really you need to read other peoples posts. You go off on a rant about things nobody ever said.....

If you think these are cheats you really need to get out and start talking to people

Right so Shef. You can't really discuss and debate with such delusion. Mind-boggling stuff.

Who said anything about cheats? Actually... No, forget about it. It's not worth it.

• Advertisement

'We're all in this together' if you're a landlord...

https://twitter.com/flanners/status/1289885945320345600?s=19

A shame this happened. Covid isn't over just because some people miss their profiting off misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

'We're all in this together' if you're a landlord...

https://twitter.com/flanners/status/1289885945320345600?s=19

A shame this happened. Covid isn't over just because some people miss their profiting off misery.

Fake News.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/covid-19-linked-rent-freeze-and-eviction-ban-to-extend-to-january-1.4314067
    Protections for renters who have lost income as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic are to be extended until January, Minister for Housing Darragh O’Brien has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,377 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see Leo is knocking 5 or 10% off FG's polling trending again. He's getting like a parody account.

What's fake? I post about the ban on eviction and rent increases being lifted and you say it's 'fake news'? So what happened?

Your story is from weeks ago.

What's fake? I post about the ban on eviction and rent increases being lifted and you say it's 'fake news'? So what happened?

Your story is from weeks ago.

The blanket ban is gone, but for those who have lost income or jobs because of Covid-19 they are still protected until January.

So, yes, your post would be filed under the definition of fake news for presenting a 'fact' that is not really true.

The blanket ban is gone, but for those who have lost income or jobs because of Covid-19 they are still protected until January.

So, yes, your post would be filed under the definition of fake news for presenting a 'fact' that is not really true.

So the lady from threshold is lying?

So the lady from threshold is lying?

The lady from Threshold is being coy with the truth, is the best way I can describe it.

See that is the thing about Twitter, much of it you cannot trust out of hand, but I suppose when you saw that tweet, which is about 10 days old, you jumped at the chance to use it for some political point-scoring and posted it here......

.... pity you didn't do any due diligence yourself to see how true the claim was?

So, yes that Tweet contains misleading information designed to misled and confuse.

The lady from Threshold is being coy with the truth, is the best way I can describe it.

See that is the thing about Twitter, much of it you cannot trust out of hand, but I suppose when you saw that tweet, which is about 10 days old, you jumped at the chance to use it for some political point-scoring and posted it here......

.... pity you didn't do any due diligence yourself to see how true the claim was?

So, yes that Tweet contains misleading information designed to misled and confuse.

The news wasn't fake so. The blanket ban was lifted right?

Depends on the proof required I'd imagine.
    Rent increases during covid won't be easy either.

The news wasn't fake so. The blanket ban was lifted right?

Depends on the proof required I'd imagine.
    Rent increases during covid won't be easy either.

The tweet doesn't mention the word 'blanket' ban. It says 'the ban' has been lifted, but it doesn't go on further to state that those who have lost income and/or their jobs due to Covid are still protected.

Definitely very very misleading.

• Advertisement

The tweet doesn't mention the word 'blanket' ban. It says 'the ban' has been lifted, but it doesn't go on further to state that those who have lost income and/or their jobs due to Covid are still protected.

Definitely very very misleading.

Did I put blanket in quotes?
    Not fake news. The terms gave changed and measures remain but not for everyone. The ban has been lifted.
    As it was, is no more.
    This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!He's f*ckin' snuffed it!..... THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement