Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Super Bowl debacle and the pathetic response from Gamepass (10e discount next year) was the final nail in the coffin for me, and that was before all of the Corona Virus uncertainty.

It is a far poorer service since they changed providers a couple of years ago. I miss being able to go back and watch any game, in full, from the previous 6/7 seasons.

I'd forgotten about the superbowl debacle! My Sky box froze at the same time so I missed the crucial plays between 4 and 1 minutes left.

I've just turned off autorenew now. I really hipe the season starts, which means Covid under control, but I think it's unlikely. Should be easy enough to get it again if I want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just received an email with details how to cancel auto renew so that option is there now for those who want to do it.

Yeah, just cancelled the Auto-renew as well. Too much unknowns for me to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

When should we have a better idea whether the season will go ahead or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Brian017 wrote: »

I'd say that's really up in the air. Knowing the Americans they will push it to the last minute to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

boccy23 wrote: »
    Yeah, just cancelled the Auto-renew as well. Too much unknowns for me to commit.

I'm the same. If there's a season going ahead then I'll be happy to renew again but there's too many unknowns as you say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Brian017 wrote: »

Small steps! Training camps begin in just over 2 weeks time. If they go ahead with little exposure to Covid, then the regular season has a good chance of going ahead. But we've already seen players getting together, 49ers for example, having players only training (only a handful of them) and 1 of them testing positive. If that happens all over various training camps, regular season will be in doubt for sure.
    Another good indication is baseball. If that starts like it should this week, and that has to stop suddenly after some weeks, no way NFL can go ahead. Very little contact in baseball compared to NFL!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

boccy23 wrote: »

Yeah did the same as well. I just don’t see the season going ahead :(

Lads, Florida had 15,300 new cases of coronavirus today. And I saw a CNN map showing which states had increased in cases and it's not good. Loughc I'm getting less and less confident of there being an NFL season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads, Florida had 15,300 new cases of coronavirus today. And I saw a CNN map showing which states had increased in cases and it's not good. Loughc I'm getting less and less confident of there being an NFL season.

Yeah I just don’t see it happening. The greed to keep the American economy open will ultimately cost it in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Heads up for anyone who signs up to Brazil cause I'm having a mare, do NOT turn off the auto-renew

I signed up successfully for around €62 and could access everything fine but I was getting a renewal screen when I attempted to access Manage Your Account, I eventually got into manage my account which is the exact same as the UK version and it confirmed my subscription until 31 July 2021. I selected to turn off the auto-renew and it cancelled my subscription, no access to anything and I received an email confirming my subscription has been cancelled and that I would not be charged

And of course the transaction has been presented/completed on my Revolut card so I'm down €62 and have to now contact Gamepass to demand a refund

So gamepass has lapsed for me for the first time since 2012 because I'd turned off my auto renew. I have a free account now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So gamepass has lapsed for me for the first time since 2012 because I'd turned off my auto renew. I have a free account now.

First time for me since 2016. I just don’t see a season happening or happening in full.

Loughc wrote: »
    First time for me since 2016. I just don’t see a season happening or happening in full.

Although weirdly It still works on my old iPad. I just checked to see what this free account means and apparently on my old iPad it means as you were

Edit: so it’s the webpage where you turn on and off the auto renew that seem to have reverted to a free account even though my debit card details are still there. It’s still working on my phone also. A strange one but I’ve no doubt they will stop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

I also let it lapse...but will probably renew when on field workouts start next week. It stopped working for me on 1st August, but last week started working again...full access! Still working as of now, Monday morning. If they had any sense they'd keep it running for existing customers until a couple of days before Week 1...then we'll know if the season will start for sure...which to me looks like it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The sneaky feckers got my auto-renew through. Completely forgot about it and any mails went into junk mail.

Albeit it's a renew for 100 quid so I obviously signed up through Greece or somewhere last year. We'll call it a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I disabled auto-renew as the PS4 app refused to work. I tried deleting and re-installing and that didn't work.

I turned off my auto renew but as of a few minutes ago it's still going on my phone.

Not working for me anymore. It asks me to subscribe. I went to Brazil for a quick trip and when I click subscribe it's coming up as €86.99 for the year. My renewal price in the e-mail was €163.99, big difference there.

Edit: it also says it includes a 7 day free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Jofspring wrote: »
    Not working for me anymore. It asks me to subscribe. I went to Brazil for a quick trip and when I click subscribe it's coming up as €86.99 for the year. My renewal price in the e-mail was €163.99, big difference there.

Edit: it also says it includes a 7 day free trial.

It's giving me 385 Brazilian which covers to 61e, so just check you are doing it correctly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    When does Hard Knocks usually appear on Gamepass can anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Would you recommend getting it? We done away with Sky in the house so it's looking likely I'll have to purchase come September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

BKWDR wrote: »
    It's giving me 385 Brazilian which covers to 61e, so just check you are doing it correctly

I'm in Brazil working for the time being, if I buy gamepass here and move back to Ireland in a few months will I have access to all features with an Irish IP address? Know it's been asked by other ex pats apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Would you recommend getting it? We done away with Sky in the house so it's looking likely I'll have to purchase come September.

I moved over from SKY to GP last season and would highly recommend. You can’t beat the flexibility of being able to watch any game you want on GP vs the limited SKY schedule. It’s particularly useful if you follow a team and want to watch all of their games live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    franglan wrote: »
    I'm in Brazil working for the time being, if I buy gamepass here and move back to Ireland in a few months will I have access to all features with an Irish IP address? Know it's been asked by other ex pats apologies.

Yeah, the price is just based on where you sign up. The account will work fine when you ehhh...."come home" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Is hard knocks not available on gamepass? Thought it used to be?

BKWDR wrote: »

Cheers I'll give it another try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

What’s the story with this? Are people still signing up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Ive cancelled. First time in maybe 5 years i wont have it. I have Sky Sports (nothing new there) so ill manage.

Main reason is i dont think the season will be completed in a normal fashion. Maybe postponed games and lengthened season (time wise) or shortened season (number of games). I dont trust the company running this service to provide a refund in the event the season is severly impacted.

Having said all this, ive cancelled auto renew in the past only to pay up again in September :)

If they removed ads from the replays of the TV shows like archived americas game and a football life and brought live 4k games i wouldnt hesitate. Wont hold my breathe for either in the next few years

• Advertisement

Ok you need to sign up with a new e-mail. If you use your current e-mail it's 86.99 if you use a new one it's 385R.

Advertisement