Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Vudgie wrote:
    Is the LG tv app constantly buffering for anyone else?

Worked fine for me last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Worked fine for me last night

Me too. (If that's not too dangerous to say!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

boccy23 wrote: »
    Me too. (If that's not too dangerous to say!:))

Weird...it was fine on my laptop but buffered on the TV...must be the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Been performing flawlessly for me on all devices I've used (LG app, casting from Android to Shield and PC). Still think it's just a poor app in general though, no real useable fast forward option on TV and console apps and it does not remember where you left off. If they just added these fairly basic features we'd be away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Are the daily NFL Network shows available without adverts later in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    My first complaint of the new season. Only had time to watch the 5 minute highlights this morning as opposed to the 40 one I usually watch but it went from showing clips of the game going 7-0, 14-0. Then I just glanced down at the score bar and it was 17-7 so they skipped a couple of scores including a Tennessee TD.

I’ve been very happy with the service this season and don’t know if this was a one off or not.

I watched that too and was very confused. It was literally only a Gardner Minshew highlight reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Yeah I also spotted this. It's common for them to skip over field goals in the shorter highlights but I've never seen them leave out a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Thinking of dropping Sky but will wait until after NFL season if there are blackouts of any of the sky games. Has there been any so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Thinking of dropping Sky but will wait until after NFL season if there are blackouts of any of the sky games. Has there been any so far?
    None so far. I hope the NFL and Sky have copped onto themselves over the pointless blackouts that people who spend very good money subscribing to a Gamepass subscription are unlikely to rush out to spend more money on a Sky Sports subscription over a couple of these blacked out games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Gamepass gone down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The stream is now going down on all my devices, even PC
    "Problem with broadband connection" - funny that, nothing else is affected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Gamepass gone down!

Its **** the bed for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Not working for me on xbox or pc. Says there is an error with my broadband connection which is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Down for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can't log in myself

Working fine for me on Microsoft Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's working fine for me aswell. I did get the issue with my broadband connection except my eir broadband did go down a minute. I couldn't open boards or do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

finally working 38 minutes later on a tablet. Didn't work on other devices

Ok will get stuck into Chiefs and Ravens and by skipping ads I can catch up

Requested a week 3 refund through support. They will never reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Weirdly I said I'd try it on chrome. I signed in but when I go to watch a game it asks me to get a subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

It seems to be working ok now but it definitely had problems for the first 15/20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Same problems here for the first twenty or thirty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I didn't have any problems last night, had 3 devices on the go from 6pm to 1am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I couldn’t log in at all on the computer last night but had no issues with Apple TV. Didn’t check the computer to see if the issue is still there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

No issues on Red Zone but watching the Giants and it stopped a couple of times. Nothing too serious as the ads were never far away and a reload of the game worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Couldn't log in at 6 and when i got in it was asking me to subscribe. Seemed to sort itself out around 6.15 and was fine on laptop from then on though awful quality on my Fire TV for the chargers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Was slow to log in at 6, but got in after a few minutes and no hassle after that.

Anyone watch it on the Samsung tv app? The app shuts down automatically after a few hours. Happened at 8:45 last night, so 2:45 minutes after starting the app. I'm wondering is it the tv or the app.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Same for me BaronVon. It was fine by 6:05.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As I said yesterday evening it had the "detected an issue with your internet" issue at 6:05 pm but my eir broadband(it's easier to contact NASA than eir) went made at the same time so I assumed it was that and it just exited the app and opened it again and it was grand again and it was sweet as a nut all the way until the end of the late games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

On a trip currently in India. Do I put in India details or home detail in Ireland?

Would that make a difference?

Also is India the cheapest anyone know?

Advertisement