Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    TD missing from highlights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Condensed version of game up already. Impressive given the game has barely been over two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

At last, it's available on Android TV

That “The champ is here” ad is definitely the most annoying one that appear during games.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Are the sky games still not blacked out?

I checked it earlier in the season and they weren't just want to make sure for the hawks on Sunday

• Advertisement

They weren’t the first couple of weeks anyway. I haven’t checked since so can’t confirm.

No mention of the injury in the highlights last night. I thought that would have been a play worth including.

No mention of the injury in the highlights last night. I thought that would have been a play worth including.

In the Game in 40 the didn't replay it or show Mahomes down, but the commentary said Mahomes is out for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I find the game in 40 not as good as I thought it would be. No replays and no explanation, you can lose something important without context. The 7 mins highlights can be a better summary.

I find the game in 40 not as good as I thought it would be. No replays and no explanation, you can lose something important without context. The 7 mins highlights can be a better summary.

Some of the Game in 40s are far too long. Showing multiple replays on a touchdown, only a maximum of one is needed. I'd rather it just go straight from ball snap to play end then straight back to snap again.

The condensed games used to be under around 20 mins which was perfect.

• Advertisement

akenno wrote: »
    Some of the Game in 40s are far too long. Showing multiple replays on a touchdown, only a maximum of one is needed. I'd rather it just go straight from ball snap to play end then straight back to snap again.

The condensed games used to be under around 20 mins which was perfect.

For me anyway, I find the 7 min or so highlights too short and the 40 mins too long, so I'm a fussy git who'll they'll never be able to please....!!!!

So I agree that the 20 minute Condensed Game they used to have was ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

For me anyway, I find the 7 min or so highlights too short and the 40 mins too long, so I'm a fussy git who'll they'll never be able to please....!!!!

I didn't sign up for game pass this year and I am it's no 1 fan. Think it's great for the price etc

Last year, Away from my house I found I was having to use illegal streams for matches and redzone, the app just wasn't reliable. I wasn't really using the shortened game in 40 for anything other than the late patriots games.

So far this season I've managed to get by on using dodgy streams and catching the YouTube highlights that are 11/13 mins long which is ideal. I find I'm watching more of the other late games to catch up using this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

40 minutes is pretty much bang on my commute so I find it ideal most of the time, I wish they replayed key downs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

There seems to have been an update on the LG app. Watched some of the game last night live and the odd time the Gamepas logo would pop up for a split second as it were going to buffer but it never would actually buffer. First time I've noticed this so I'm blaming the update, it's not a major problem anyway but definitely one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

20 minutes is too short. The highlights can be 10 or 12 minutes alone. I'm glad they've made it game in 40' as it pins them done to not try their best to go into oscars short film category like they did a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good evaluation, it’s just every play one after the other.

I find, having Sky Sports, that the one hour replay of their featured games the next day very good.

They basically spend 15 mins of programme time on each quarter which in real time usually takes 45 mins.

You get re runs of the big plays and some feedback on the controversial incidents.

If GP could do that it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    correction wrote: »
    There seems to have been an update on the LG app. Watched some of the game last night live and the odd time the Gamepas logo would pop up for a split second as it were going to buffer but it never would actually buffer. First time I've noticed this so I'm blaming the update, it's not a major problem anyway but definitely one to keep an eye on.

I had the same on my Samsung TV, with the GP logo popping up. I figured it was a security type thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Anyone getting random gamepass logos for a split second in the middle of play? Watching texans/colts game.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Anyone getting random gamepass logos for a split second in the middle of play? Watching texans/colts game.

No, all good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Really appreciating gamepass tonight - life usually gets in the way of me watch football live on Sunday nights. Super to be able to watch a game and interchange with redzone on the laptop with a 3rd game on the TV. Well worth the subscription for me this service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

CardinalJ wrote: »

Yeah it’s happening to me too. I’m on an LG smart tv. It’s the first week of the season, that this is happening. It is mildly irritating tbh. Would hope that this won’t be the case for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Same issue here too. First noticed it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Happening to me too all night using the PS4 app.
    The complaint is all over Twitter also, so seems to be quite a widespread problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Happening on my samsung tv too. The app also looked different tonight so maybe something to do with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I like RedZone for the 9.30pm window when there are two or three games. You really get a sense of the flow of all the games and you still get to see the big plays.

It is working out very well for me this season on my laptop, as well as on both the Android and Samsung TV apps.

I would rather be watching 1 full game but when I do I just get so sick of the constant adds that I end up throwing on red zone. It'd be one thing if it were adverts like we have here but those American adverts are just so loud and overbearing and clearly aimed at the stupid that they're tough to even have on in the background.

Having watched most of the Broncos vs Chiefs and red zone for ages yesterday I must admit that the GamePass logo popping up for that split second now and again was starting to get annoying. Hopefully we get a fix before next weekend, they seem to have their act together more this season and this is a good test.

I would rather be watching 1 full game but when I do I just get so sick of the constant adds that I end up throwing on red zone. It'd be one thing if it were adverts like we have here but those American adverts are just so loud and overbearing and clearly aimed at the stupid that they're tough to even have on in the background.

Having watched most of the Broncos vs Chiefs and red zone for ages yesterday I must admit that the GamePass logo popping up for that split second now and again was starting to get annoying. Hopefully we get a fix before next weekend, they seem to have their act together more this season and this is a good test.

Go for window mode! Switch into redzone each ad-break, very handy

hots wrote: »
    Go for window mode! Switch into redzone each ad-break, very handy

Is this possible on the TV apps?

I'm not sure I'm afraid, I'm using Edge on a PC for my TV watching generally and then phone for Game in 40 in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I dont think it is. It doesn't come up as an option on the PS4 app anyway, which I believe is similar to the TV apps.
    On a laptop, before watching a game, an option pops up asking if you would like to watch it alongside Redzone. Haven't seen that option appear when watching on a TV yet though.

Advertisement