Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Just got an email saying free access has been extended until 8 September and that Hard Knocks will be available tomorrow. So no need to subscribe if you want to see HK and don't have Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

New Sky Sports Channel added also. Sky Sports NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Jofspring wrote: »

Saw that earlier, looks like they will be showing a lot of the NFL Network stuff and documentaries as well as the live games.

I wonder is Redzone gone from Sky Sports Mix free channel in that case. That was handy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Will that mean more live games on Sky and thus less games available on GamePass due to region block?

Will that mean more live games on Sky and thus less games available on GamePass due to region block?

Sky Sports NFL viewers can look forward to the following:
    • Minimum of five live games each week
    • First-pick exclusive game on Sky Sports in the 6pm and 9pm slot every Sunday
    • Every Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football
    • NFL RedZone
    • Every minute of every playoff game, Pro Bowl and Super Bowl live
    • Flagship programming from NFL Network, including the popular Good Morning Football and Total Access shows
    • Award-winning documentaries and other content from NFL Films and NBC Sports
    • Brand new weekly shows to review the action and discus the stories of the league, including original Sky Sports programming
    • Increased coverage across Sky Sports News, digital and social platforms
    • And much more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Just got an email saying free access has been extended until 8 September and that Hard Knocks will be available tomorrow. So no need to subscribe if you want to see HK and don't have Sky.

Haven't got that email and access gone again! I was a pro subscriber too!! Still going to wait until the week before the season starts. Zero interest in that Sky channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Didn’t get an email either as a pro subscriber. I am going to wait and see closer to kick off about renewing.

No interest in going back to SKY either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I turned off my auto renew 2 months ago, and it auto-renewed, happen to anyone else?

I turned off my auto renew 2 months ago, and it auto-renewed, happen to anyone else?

Not sure what you did but I don't think the option to turn off the auto renew was even there 2 months ago. They sent an e-mail out and gave a date at the end of July that you would be able to cancel your auto renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I thought I had done the same and I've just been charged.

• Advertisement

This is from the e-mail I received on the 1st of July.
    What do you need to do?

All we ask is that you keep enjoying NFL Game Pass throughout the offseason. Should you prefer not to return for the 2020 NFL season, you will be able to do so. We will be sending further information detailing the steps to amend or cancel your auto-renewal preferences by email on July 9, 2020. Changes can be made upto and including August 9, 2020.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not sure what you did but I don't think the option to turn off the auto renew was even there 2 months ago. They sent an e-mail out and gave a date at the end of July that you would be able to cancel your auto renewal.

It was there, just a yes/no toggle button

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm almost certain I changed it to no. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I changed it to no and got the email but as of now I still can use it. I haven't been charged yet.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I changed it to no and got the email but as of now I still can use it. I haven't been charged yet.

Free access has been extended until early September

Screenshot-2020-08-14-at-09-18-19.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Free access has been extended until early September

Screenshot-2020-08-14-at-09-18-19.png

I have not gotten that email but had I got it that would have helped my and others confusion. So basically what I had since august 1st, 2019 will continue until September and then end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I have not gotten that email but had I got it that would have helped my and others confusion. So basically what I had since august 1st, 2019 will continue until September and then end ?

I haven't got that email either, as a Pro subscriber. Just went into my account there...the account is there, but there is no subscription so can't watch. Unless you register for the free account, then it works, which will do until Season kicks off anyway. Just click the Register for free account, no need to sign up, takes all your details as you're signed in anyway. Option to upgrade then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

I have Vpn turned on first went to india then went to switzerland both prices are the same €130.99 thats surely not right is it?

markc91 wrote: »
    I have Vpn turned on first went to india then went to switzerland both prices are the same €130.99 thats surely not right is it?

Try Brazil. That always seems to be a good spot for a bargain

• Advertisement

Yeah tried there same price too seems to be that price across the board, can you pay in installments and cancel after the superbowl without paying the full whack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

markc91 wrote: »
    Yeah tried there same price too seems to be that price across the board, can you pay in installments and cancel after the superbowl without paying the full whack?

You sure? Just tried Brazil and it’s coming up relatively cheap

wawaman wrote: »
    You sure? Just tried Brazil and it’s coming up relatively cheap

How much for you unless I'm doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

385 Brazilian real and using XE that converted to €58

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think you need to use a new email. Also clear your cookies

385 real now is 86.99 that the cheapest ill get? And just to be clear I don't need a vpn once its bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Maybe this has been discussed already on this thread, but it's a long thread.....

I got the following email on July 9th....

"We wanted to let you know that your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to auto-renew in 31 days. Your subscription fee will be billed on or around August 10, 2020 at the unchanged 2019 full season price in your market, 49,99 EUR."

I was happy with that, and then saw that they took €164 from me in August. I complained and they refunded me the money, though did not explain what the 49.99 price was.

I had a subscription last year that allowed only access to RedZone, which was enough for me - I assume that is gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I just bought a 2020 Samsung model TV which NFL state the Game Pass app is available on.

So I've booted up thr TV and the app isn't on its app store. Very disappointed.

I find I have issues with all their apps bar the one on my phone and tablet. Have it on Xbox One, Firestick and LG TV. Half the time they don't work at all. Thought it was maybe my crap internet but it works fine through my phone, tablet and also a browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I find I have issues with all their apps bar the one on my phone and tablet. Have it on Xbox One, Firestick and LG TV. Half the time they don't work at all. Thought it was maybe my crap internet but it works fine through my phone, tablet and also a browser.

My Xbox One was fine, lots seem to complain about the TV apps though.

Advertisement