Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I’ve been enjoying the highlights package lately as they’ve been better but I watch last night’s and had no idea that Myles Garrett swung a helmet at someone’s head. Surely that brawl deserved to be included? Or do they hide the nasty stuff on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I’ve been enjoying the highlights package lately as they’ve been better but I watch last night’s and had no idea that Myles Garrett swung a helmet at someone’s head. Surely that brawl deserved to be included? Or do they hide the nasty stuff on purpose?

Ìve been watching the 10min highlights on the NFL youtube channel and like that had no idea about the incident till i spyed it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bad for the brand, I guess they'd argue that it's gameplay highlights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

I'm new to gamepass, I bought it to watch the Titans. Should I assume the wildcard weekend @ New England will be blacked out?

I'm new to gamepass, I bought it to watch the Titans. Should I assume the wildcard weekend @ New England will be blacked out?

No blackouts for the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

No blackouts for the playoffs.

Didn't expect that. That's great. Am used to the hockey blackout's in their playoffs.

Didn't expect that. That's great. Am used to the hockey blackout's in their playoffs.

I haven’t checked since about week 3-4 but back then the blackouts weren’t even in force in Ireland and we could watch the game Sky were showing. Maybe someone else will confirm that this was the case for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I haven’t checked since about week 3-4 but back then the blackouts weren’t even in force in Ireland and we could watch the game Sky were showing. Maybe someone else will confirm that this was the case for the rest of the season.

Yeah, nothing was blacked out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone get a gamepass email? My cost is going down by 33%, comes out at €65 because of my frequent holidaying to Brazil. I was going to drop it in favour of iptv but 65 makes it worth it for me for the replay functionality alone.

hots wrote: »
    Anyone get a gamepass email? My cost is going down by 33%, comes out at €65 because of my frequent holidaying to Brazil. I was going to drop it in favour of iptv but 65 makes it worth it for me for the replay functionality alone.

Yeah, I got that as well. I was wondering whether I'd bother keeping the auto renewal but at this price I probably will. I was thinking of cancelling and just resubscribing when I know for sure there's going to be a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If you sign up while on a quick flight to Brazil do you need to use a VPN every time you watch?

Got my renewal e-mail and it's €163.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I got the email today and I didn't go on holiday to Brazil so my price is €163.99 which is the same as last year. And it will in four payments like last year. Just from a quick glance at the new features they've finally introduced a resume from where you left off option. There's also a Sunday in 60 minutes thing where you'll be able to get all of Sunday's action in a hour although they kind of already do that with NFL gameday highlights on NFL network.

The only thing that's worrying me is if we have a season. On game pass the 2020 regular season is now showing up yet the HOF game is cancelled and they show four weeks of preseason which imo is optimistic at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Yeah, I got that as well. I was wondering whether I'd bother keeping the auto renewal but at this price I probably will. I was thinking of cancelling and just resubscribing when I know for sure there's going to be a season.

Have the renewal price at 143.99 Sterling. For sure turning off auto renew until 100% sure there's a regular season.

myate wrote: »
    Have the renewal price at 143.99 Sterling. For sure turning off auto renew until 100% sure there's a regular season.

Seems I'm not the only one as I said in my last post. I mean it's great to see the games laid out as if the season is happening in full but as you say, we may not get a regular season and I was confident earlier in the summer but looking at the US now and coronavirus I wouldn't be certain.

Jofspring wrote: »
    If you sign up while on a quick flight to Brazil do you need to use a VPN every time you watch?

Got my renewal e-mail and it's €163.99.

No, just for the sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

USD 184.99 for me this time. Mustn't have been on holidays last year either, looking back it was the same price for renewal.

My Brazilian cousin is telling me that if I sign up now it will be 385 Brazilian dollarydoos (€63) for the year so that seems a much nicer option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did Gamepass say anything about refunds if the season doesn't go ahead?

I just can't see it happening giving the number of cases in the states at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Just logged on there...as usual can't see any option to turn off Auto Renew. They don't make it easy do they!!

I can see the season going ahead some how....NFL is so big there, they'll do anything to get it on the TV! We'll find out in a few weeks with training camps.

Loughc wrote: »
    Did Gamepass say anything about refunds if the season doesn't go ahead?

No, no mention in the email I got.

Just logged on there...as usual can't see any option to turn off Auto Renew. They don't make it easy do they!!

The email I got says "We will be sending further information detailing the steps to amend or cancel your auto-renewal preferences by email on July 9, 2020."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I can see the season going ahead some how....NFL is so big there, they'll do anything to get it on the TV! We'll find out in a few weeks with training camps.

The inability to turn off auto-renewal is a complete farce. Opening time windows to not charge you for future years should be illegal. It's disappointing to see a large organization deal in such shady practices.

Even the difference in billing is a bit mad. Some people being offered £140. I'm being offered £99. At this rate, I'll be undertaking essential travel to Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'm definitely going to visit my cousin's house in Brazil when I sign up again.

Can't justify paying the Irish price again when they gave everyone free access from April to July. I know it was a nice gesture but for those that paid full price some kind of a discount for loyalty would have been nice.

I'm not saying I won't get it again(I probably will) but when I can turn off auto renew I will because honestly the coronavirus is making a lot of uncertainty around US sports. I mean the NBA commissioner is not willing to say the remainder of the NBA season will be finished with 100%. I mean the fans not being their is a given but the HOF game has been called off and that's in the first week of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got the essential last year while I was on holiday in Brazil. Auto renew this year is 30pounds. Perfect really as I usually watch the playoff games live on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

€162. I registered late last year so got it for €80 I think. What’s the cheapest way to renew? Don’t think I can do without it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Won't be doing it this year. NFL can't do what the NBA are doing (if that'll even work).
    USA is heading for a disaster. Fauci said he wouldn't be surpirsed to see 100,000+ new cases a day soon. And this is with all the under-reporting of figures and no where near enough adequate testing, coupled with the fact that the Republicans seem hell-bent on keeping the economy open. Not to mention winter is approaching which will enable it to spread far easier.
    When the ICU beds are all gone and the bodies are piling up people might change their minds about a lockdown, but at this stage I don't see a full NFL schedule going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

€162. I registered late last year so got it for €80 I think. What’s the cheapest way to renew? Don’t think I can do without it at this stage

MOD: No discussion of illegal streams please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh hard to know what will happen.

no rookie camp
    No training camp
    No OTA's/Mixed team practices

Trump and some of the more hardline governors might want to push on through, but either way it will be an NFL season like no other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

The Super Bowl debacle and the pathetic response from Gamepass (10e discount next year) was the final nail in the coffin for me, and that was before all of the Corona Virus uncertainty.

It is a far poorer service since they changed providers a couple of years ago. I miss being able to go back and watch any game, in full, from the previous 6/7 seasons.

• Advertisement

Just received an email with details how to cancel auto renew so that option is there now for those who want to do it.

Advertisement