Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    8000 hospitalised - that’s wrong right?

It's Fox news - not known for their integrity as a news site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

where are they fitting them all. They have apro 29million six times the size of Ireland. Correct me we had a max 250ish in hospital max at the highest piont?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's Fox news - not known for their integrity as a news site.

The gas thing is, with the US right now o didn’t automatically cop it as being so ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Its in the BMJ - would expect them to have some kind of authority on it

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2685

The BBC report is from a month ago

Did anyone from the BMJ carry out an autopsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    8000 hospitalised - that’s wrong right?

I think that couldn't be right..New York was seeing about 3000 people being hospitalised per day at it's very peak..Texas has a 50% bigger population than New York but still . If it is right well then wow Texas could not have ****ed up any worse

• Advertisement

Did anyone from the BMJ carry out an autopsy?

Well everyone around him had it and being a pretty fit guy it's a bit suspicious to say the least
    https://www.ft.com/content/a232c62b-ded1-4dd4-8ca7-a5bb5214987f

speckle wrote: »
    where are they fitting them all. They have apro 29million six times the size of Ireland. Correct me we had a max 250ish in hospital max at the highest piont?

Thought you might enjoy this version.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=933394430452927&id=546224585836582&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

Well everyone around him had it and being a pretty fit guy it's a bit suspicious to say the least
    https://www.ft.com/content/a232c62b-ded1-4dd4-8ca7-a5bb5214987f

His death was recorded as a cardiac arrest though.
    I know in certain countries if you fell to your death but tested positive for Covid , Covid was the cause of death not the fall.

Yes I did and so did my cats! thankyou.
    beautiful imagery and ooh what a rumble of percussion. His voice would be lost in a mine but would sound beautiful in a cavern.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I think that couldn't be right..New York was seeing about 3000 people being hospitalised per day at it's very peak..Texas has a 50% bigger population than New York but still . If it is right well then wow Texas could not have ****ed up any worse
    Last date I can see on june 26 there was 5106 in hospital
    latest today here

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f

• Advertisement

beautiful imagery and ooh what a rumble of percussion. His voice would be lost in a mine but would sound beautiful in a cavern.

He was one of the stars on a programme on Discovery Channel called Gold-diggers.
    I have the version you linked on my Running play list.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Well isnt that ironic.

Not really considering his cause of death was recorded as cardiac arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

bb1234567 wrote: »

Its 8000 in total, not new hospitalisations, although the article reads like that. Still a lot. Currently they have 13,300 hospital beds and 1203 ICU beds still available. Texas has some of the largest medical facilities in the world. The texas covid dashboard with all that info is here

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/3f048ced32804271aafe8b9640bcb4a7

Most states have similar if you just Google the state plus covid dashboard you can find it.

You might enjoy this.

https://www.facebook.com/1539024826393663/posts/2327560330873438/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

His death was recorded as a cardiac arrest though.
    I know in certain countries if you fell to your death but tested positive for Covid , Covid was the cause of death not the fall.

Let's be honest, covid is a notified disease and has to be entered on the death cert. It being mentioned on the cert is not the same as it being the sole cause of death.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, if you have seen a death cert stating the cause of death was death from fall as a result of being covid positive.

But please, what counties let me know those 'certain countries' I'm curious is all.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Let's be honest, covid is a notified disease and has to be entered on the death cert. It being mentioned on the cert is not the same as it being the sole cause of death.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, if you have seen a death cert stating the cause of death was death from fall as a result of being covid positive.

But please, what counties let me know those 'certain countries' I'm curious is all.

A very simple answer what country has de notified deaths. In Ireland we estimate 500 deaths were wrongly classified as Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hundreds of scientists have now submitted new evidence to the WHO, via an open letter to the UN Agency, which states that Covid-19 is airborne from people when they release small or large droplets by sneezing, coughing or speaking to other people who currently don't have any symptoms.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/scientists-who-coronavirus-airborne-1.5638444
    Whether carried by large droplets that zoom through the air after a sneeze, or by much smaller exhaled droplets that may glide the length of a room, the coronavirus is borne through air and can infect people when inhaled, the scientists said, according to the NYT.

The scientists, in this case, have now asked the WHO to revise it's official public health advice to say that, from their newly supplied evidence, Coronavirus is airborne from people who have the virus & spread it to other people who are known as healthy individuals.

A very simple answer what country has de notified deaths. In Ireland we estimate 500 deaths were wrongly classified as Covid.

That's totally incorrect. All deaths probable and suspected are recorded. If the test later comes back negitive or it's a death recorded twice in error, it's denotified.

Excess mortality is something entirely different.
    I'm not even going to try an explain it as it's too complicated and it's insensitive to call it as it is.

Hundreds of scientists have now submitted new evidence to the WHO, via an open letter to the UN Agency, which states that Covid-19 is airborne from people when they release small or large droplets by sneezing, coughing or speaking to other people who currently don't have any symptoms.

The scientists, in this case, have now asked the WHO to revise it's official public health advice to say that, from their newly supplied evidence, Coronavirus is airborne from people who have the virus & spread it to other people who are known as healthy individuals.

Ahh don't be unfair to the WHO - give them a few months to come to the same conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

How is this new information though? Droplet transmission has been known about for months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

That is a very ...simple ...answer .
    Not correct though.

Deaths that have been classified as Covid would be denotified if not .
    The recorded deaths are about 600 odd less than expected excess deaths for the 3 month time period .
    Thought due to the fact that some of those people may have been dying from other illnesses and catching the virus was the last straw .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Its 8000 in total, not new hospitalisations, although the article reads like that. Still a lot. Currently they have 13,300 hospital beds and 1203 ICU beds still available. Texas has some of the largest medical facilities in the world. The texas covid dashboard with all that info is here

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/3f048ced32804271aafe8b9640bcb4a7

Most states have similar if you just Google the state plus covid dashboard you can find it.

The problem is though that when a system's overwhelmed, it's overwhelmed. No Western healthcare system is designed to have thousands of people needing ICU care simultaneously and you can't really ramp those facilities up beyond a certain scale as they required highly skilled doctors and nurses to even begin to operate ventilators. It's not just about the machines.

Our healthcare systems are also very much geared towards complicated medicine around extending and prolonging life - cancer care, cardiovascular care, etc etc .. not around dealing with vast numbers of viral respiratory illnesses.

That's why you can't let the virus get out of control when we have nothing really much more than supportive medicine to deal with this thing at the moment.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That is a very ...simple ...answer .
    Not correct though.

Deaths that have been classified as Covid would be identified if not .
    The recorded deaths are about 600 odd less than expected excess deaths for the 3 month time period .
    Thought due to the fact that some of those people may have been dying from other illnesses and catching the virus was the last straw .

That's a better way of explaining it.
    It just upsets me when people use the phrase "sure they were past their age" or "they were gonna die anyway"
    It's so insensitive for them to assume that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Meanwhile in Arizona

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1279859772456611840?s=19

Followup is even better. She manages to toss in a bit of "you're racist" for good measure.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1279860278679801856?s=19

I would be wearing twelve masks if I was those police officers, can't be easy dealing with people of this calibre during this. They're very nice tbf, you'd feel sorry.

:pac:

If QAnon are involved someone clearly set her up for a hoolie like, she's not well. These videos of Karens are just testament to the fact that people are not coping at all with their worlds being turned upside down, even in mundane ways.

s1ippy wrote: »
    If QAnon are involved someone clearly set her up for a hoolie like, she's not well. These videos of Karens are just testament to the fact that people are not coping at all with their worlds being turned upside down, even in mundane ways.

These types always have something to complain and protest about - coronavirus is just the "in thing" at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Don't usually get to see ads on TV as Netflix, players and recordings are my go to. But since football is back I'm seeing a lot more. Ads saying ibuprofen is safe sponsored by neurofen are on regularly. Obviously the press from France has been a huge issue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nick Cordero has died RIP, he had quite a long Covid battle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thoughts to his wife and family. Father of a 1 year old and only 41. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thought he was recovering, WTF. I know he lost a leg, but I thought that was the sacrifice of living

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thought he was recovering, WTF. I know he lost a leg, but I thought that was the sacrifice of living

I think last I read was he needed a lung transplant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement