Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I'm more bothered that they weren't just honest that the intention was to open July 20th. The email response to me implied they were waiting to see when the government would say they could open and that was after 20th July became the latest date. Also said they would reopen when they were allowed to which implies opening sooner than the 20th July if they were allowed to.

If they had just said it was July 20th at that point, I'd have been ok with that. Disappointed it wasn't sooner but at least it would have been a straight answer.

They seem to be saying they emailed all members as well, which isn't true.

Really poor on the comms. Reality is I won't be storming off in a huff to another gym cos it isn't an option. And a strongly worded email will likely be deleted but I'll send it all the same for the catharsis.

100 % agree - they have been dishonest . they said at the start they'd be ready to open when allowed and were working on solutions.

they are always very poor on the comms. any time I've contacted them i get some bull**** PR speil of half a page back that says very little and never actually answers my question.

Another bugbear I have with them is their "go team" attitude to covid19. All the slogans and bull****.
    fcuk off you run a gym you aren't bill gates :)

to avoid comments on why I'm a member for several years - I'm only there cos they've decent gear and 24h.
    If a place opened near me with a 5am(or so) start and decent racks and a track...I'd be gone even if it cost more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

NRG Fitness Galway & Cork;

REOPENING ANNOUNCEMENT

We are delighted to share the news with you — we will be reopening all four of our clubs (Bohermore, Knocknacarra, River Lee and Xpress) on July 6th 2020. We look forward to seeing you all there. There will be more information available soon on the new guidelines of the gym, to ensure health & safety of our members and staff. Please keep an eye out on our social media pages for more updates.

some gyms needing that extra week to be rocked & ready.

The reopening Ireland thing was always considered to be flexible and dependent on the amount of Covid19 in the community.
    I'd not criticise any business for opening a few weeks after the actual date they are allowed to, especially when that date was moved forward by over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Raw gyms looked open

Augeo wrote: »
    The reopening Ireland thing was always considered to be flexible and dependent on the amount of Covid19 in the community.
    I'd not criticise any business for opening a few weeks after the actual date they are allowed to, especially when that date was moved forward by over a month.

not at all, you're absolutely right.

I said it a few posts back I think the initial & general expectancy was the 10th of August, this was then pushed forward to the 20th of July.

with these dates in mind a lot of gyms were focusing their efforts on online classes, making new apps, etc...

this 29th of June date came out of nowhere really & if it's caught one or two on the hop & they won't be ready & need that extra week or two then that's more than understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Rosita

Augeo wrote: »

In fairness I don't think anyone is criticising any business for delaying - it's maybe the over-optimistic can-do attitude implying an early opening that is grating with people.

Maybe Ben Dunne's (almost) 'I'm never opening again and no-one can even make me come out from under the bed for the next five years' position will turn out to be the most tenable. He's unlikely to have delay things anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Mespil pool open with slots required to be booked.

http://mespilpool.com/timetable.htm

Southside gym also reopening with bookings required.

https://southsidegym.ie/[url][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Spencer Hotel Gym back on 29 June.

Clayton Gym Cardiff Lane back on 6 July.

Again, if anyone hears anything about the Trinity Gym reopening date it would be appreciated.

quick update on Snap Fitness Galway, booking system open tomorrow in time slots of 90 minutes DURING STAFFED HOURS.

they are still opening 24 hours which I've had confirmed, so going by that I would take it that the unstaffed hours will be a free for all as they expect it to be quiet as it usually is during these hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

My gyms not open and no sign of an update either. They have been doing alot of on line content and outdoor classes but the numbers are really low. I cant see them going back before july 20

• Advertisement

UCD gym and pool reopening on 1 July.

https://twitter.com/UCDstudents/status/1275788346984476674

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

After months of incredible stress (and loads of body weight strength and conditioning) the thing I'm most looking forward to is sitting in a hot tub. Has anyone heard when pools and jacuzzis are opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Westpark in tallaght provided a further update today to say they can have an indoor capacity of 100 people indoors in total, although 50 of this is in the pool area. But as this means half their car park will now be empty they are going to hold classes in the underground car park itself (which is technically outdoors as its not quite blow ground level and isn't fully enclosed/sealed ) as well as hosting classes outdoor in the park next door thus greatly increasing their capacity and freeing up a lot of the indoor gym for people who just want to do their own thing rather then attend the usual studio and spin classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

calfmuscle wrote: »
    After months of incredible stress (and loads of body weight strength and conditioning) the thing I'm most looking forward to is sitting in a hot tub. Has anyone heard when pools and jacuzzis are opening?

Most pools are re-opening next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Granny Smyth

I cannot wait for a swim and a good sweaty workout!
    My gym is opening Jul 1st with Monday and Tuesday a guideline/induction thing.
    I just cannot do home workouts so can't wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

DareGod wrote: »
    Most pools are re-opening next week.

From what I can see it will be a while before steam rooms and juccuzi's will reopen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I rang Raw just to enquire about joining - got the hard sell when I said I'll think about it and ring back tomorrow if I am interested - oh we only have 6 slots left and I have 70 leads in my inbox so I just want to manage your expectations on this, there won't be space left tomorrow :rolleyes:

For anyone thinking of it they said they do a 3 month minimum contract option but obviously those "6 slots" are probably gone now anyway. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My gym has put up messages the last two weeks that they are opening, and will update on their plans both weeks, and still nothing.

While I know they plan to open the 29th, it is frustrating that there is still zero clarity on what that means, this close to opening. their last message was 4 days ago tell customers to keep an eye on social media.

Their communication through this situation has been terrible - going right back to when they closed. It had been closed 3 days before they contacted members via mail. prior to that it was one post on Instagram, and on Instragram only.

Frustrating.

Markievicz Leisure Centre is reopening on 6 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

2mins starting, 30mins treadmill, 5mins rest/stretch, 30 mins bike, 5mins rest/stretch, 15mins weights, 3mins leaving.

2mins starting, 30mins jog on road, 5mins rest/stretch, 30 mins cycle on road, 5mins rest/stretch, arrive at gym, 60 mins weights, it won’t take you 3 minutes to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JTMan wrote: »
    Markievicz Leisure Centre is reopening on 6 July.

Their Facebook page says the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I rang Raw just to enquire about joining - got the hard sell when I said I'll think about it and ring back tomorrow if I am interested - oh we only have 6 slots left and I have 70 leads in my inbox so I just want to manage your expectations on this, there won't be space left tomorrow :rolleyes:

For anyone thinking of it they said they do a 3 month minimum contract option but obviously those "6 slots" are probably gone now anyway. :p

Tell them you're a YouTuber

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Tell them you're a YouTuber

Have contacted local gym via email & Facebook looking for information no reply...tried ringing no answer

Blanchardstown, Cherrywood and Portlaoise are opening in September!
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Swipe across to see some exciting progress on our Blanchardstown gym.

https://www.facebook.com/282401818539221/posts/2955986217847421/

Ben Dunne Gyms.

Blanchardstown, Cherrywood and Portlaoise are opening in September!
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Swipe across to see some exciting progress on our Blanchardstown gym.

https://www.facebook.com/282401818539221/posts/2955986217847421/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My gym opening Monday. 90minute sessions, have to be booked in advance.

Have booked my sessions for next week. Though I don't think I should have been able to - their email says 2 days in advance for bookings, but I have booked my sessions through to Sunday.

Their Facebook page says the 20th

:confused: Their phone line told me 6 July.

Trinity Sports Centre are not reopening until "early August", well over a month after the government date, and a month after UCD and other large facilities.

https://www.tcd.ie/Sport/about/covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Next door opening from Monday, reduced opening hours 9 - 9 and 11 - 6 on weekend, 1 hour booked slots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

endacl wrote: »
    2mins starting, 30mins jog on road, 5mins rest/stretch, 30 mins cycle on road, 5mins rest/stretch, arrive at gym, 60 mins weights, it won’t take you 3 minutes to leave.

Lol. I guess the gyms should just throw out their treadmills and bikes. And they should fill the pool with concrete and build apartments, we can swim in the Liffey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement