Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

NotMOL wrote: »
    I found that Your Fitness Gym in Harold's Cross Rd is also open on Monday

Boom. First come, first served.

Might be a short term, PAYG option.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

Boom. First come, first served.

Might be a short term, PAYG option.

They are my short term plan too. Much handier for me since I’m working from home for the foreseeable future

Seems they don't do PAYG but relatively cheap monthly option. Have a bit more freedom the next two weeks so I can go early and test the water.

And reclaim some sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Seems they don't do PAYG but relatively cheap monthly option. Have a bit more freedom the next two weeks so I can go early and test the water.

And reclaim some sanity.

I'm considering paying for the month as well as the place is a short cycle away from me, however I am back in the office 9-5 so not sure if I can work around their opening times with the restrictions in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Anyone know if RAW or UCD will let me join for a month? Sick of waiting, Flyfit back on 20th. I might pay for 3 months somewhere even, and leave flyefit frozen til it expires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Rosita

Esse85 wrote: »

Anyone taken up a new form of training since the gyms have closed?

No, but I have become an awful lot more creative with a few sets of dumbbells and much less reliant on the gym. I'd not have dreamt this six months ago but I could see the possibility of not renewing gym membership (which will be up about a month after I go back) if the regime there is still as strict as it seems it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone know if RAW or UCD will let me join for a month? Sick of waiting, Flyfit back on 20th. I might pay for 3 months somewhere even, and leave flyefit frozen til it expires.

See above re raw info. I think UCD is a one year contract but definitely a joining fee anyway. they may do PAYG, but it would be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Any fellow westwood members here know what the story is this week? Do you have to book slots or can you just rock up? Not much info on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Any fellow westwood members here know what the story is this week? Do you have to book slots or can you just rock up? Not much info on their website.

Am wondering the same. They said there would be an app but no sign of it. Lots of people asking on Facebook but no answers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Trying to book a slot with Gymplus via the Fitsense app.

Wednesday onwards (but despite showing it won't accept anything less than 2 days out) but no swimming pool only 'gym floor'

Anyone else?

• Advertisement

Trying to book a slot with Gymplus via the Fitsense app.

Nothing after 7pm in evening, nothing for tomorrow or Tuesday only Wednesday onwards (and despite showing it won't accept anything less than 2 days out) and no swimming pool only 'gym floor'

Anyone else?

They are only reopening on Wednesday.

From looking at the App it seems there are 30 slots for gym & cardio, 8 for the pool and 4 for private (presumably for PT).
    Will be interesting to see how it works out; will they kick everyone out on the hour before letting the next batch in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

My gym have 90 minute sessions.
    Availability to book is only 2 days ahead to stop people block off all the peak times.
    Looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

They are only reopening on Wednesday.

From looking at the App it seems there are 30 slots for gym & cardio, 8 for the pool and 4 for private (presumably for PT).
    Will be interesting to see how it works out; will they kick everyone out on the hour before letting the next batch in?

I cant see any swim slots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

zzxx wrote: »
    Am wondering the same. They said there would be an app but no sign of it. Lots of people asking on Facebook but no answers.

The app they mentioned is for booking classes, they said. Not for booking a workout slot.

Was fairly sure there would be a load of people outside Your Fitness when I got there. Rolled up 10 mins before opening and was second in the door.

It feels so good to have a bar on my back again.

My gymplus seems to have 48 slots per hour during the day and 28 in the evening.

Closed earlier at 8pm, can't see any swim slots?

Hard to know in Your Fitness cos I think there are still upstairs studios and I don't know if they were in use, but there didn't seem to be any more than 30 on the gym floor, if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,059 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was back in this morning, never seen it as busy at 6am! Was great to get back in but fook has the time out of the gym cost me. Struggled on the bench (my main exercise) a bit more at the weights I'd have been doing before we got booted out. Can't imagine I'll get anywhere near the upper numbers I was doing....

On the plus side, its always quicker ramping back up to a level than getting there in the first place so i'll try to enjoy that aspect over the next month.

Was back in this morning, never seen it as busy at 6am! Was great to get back in but fook has the time out of the gym cost me. Struggled on the bench (my main exercise) a bit more at the weights I'd have been doing before we got booted out. Can't imagine I'll get anywhere near the upper numbers I was doing....

On the plus side, its always quicker ramping back up to a level than getting there in the first place so i'll try to enjoy that aspect over the next month.

Yep, same. I was doing higher reps with a few reps in the tank at the end but I'd reckon I'd be about 25-30kg off my max squat. But yeah the strength comes back relatively quickly and also it's about retraining the movement.

But it's just a starting point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Gym Plus has swim sessions on the app.

I tried to book after midnight last night and it wouldn't allow, but got a gym slot no problem this morning. Seem to be allowing 34 people in per hour in my branch.

Wonder could you book for 2 slots in a row or would the app stop you? I'm happy with an hour to begin with personally.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Wonder could you book for 2 slots in a row or would the app stop you? I'm happy with an hour to begin with personally.
    Would depend on the gyms settings.
    When my gym opened classes were limited to 2 per week, quickly moved to unlimited when return numbers were low. Not it’s still only 1 class per day as back to back slots would be 3hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Gonna have to skip this forum till July 20 I think - too much FOMO :(:(:(

Gonna have to skip this forum till July 20 I think - too much FOMO :(:(:(
    Never mind FOMO...go for MAGA

Make All the Gains Again

Edit: in all seriousness I feel your pain. I was in the same boat until 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Westwood is open from 01July , my family are in Riverview, they opened their pool today.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

was weak as piss this morning but good to get back in routine.

Was fairly sure there would be a load of people outside Your Fitness when I got there. Rolled up 10 mins before opening and was second in the door.

It feels so good to have a bar on my back again.

Same, I was expecting crowds but probably only 25-30 in there from around 11:30. Bliss!
    So happy to be back to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I expect this thread to be very quiet tomorrow as everyone is too crippled with DOMS to even type.

Daemonic wrote: »
    I expect this thread to be very quiet tomorrow as everyone is too crippled with DOMS to even type.

I got my new program last night with a warning not to go full retard so I should be ok tomorrow

Had to book a swim slot by email (Gymplus).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭rpurfield

God it was good to be back this morning. Went for a slot around 8am when it's normally quieter anyway. Just nice to be doing something like normal again, well as normal as it can be in the circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement