Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

rondog wrote: »
    The virus is spread through close contact and the majority of cases in enclosed areas with poor ventilation hence why pubs ,cafes etc have been able to open with outdoor seating,same as sports even for kids-able to continue in outdoor settings.And no ,out breaks dont happen in gyms,any gym ive seen have had excellent covid compliance-with 3/4 metre distances let alone 2 metres,all equipment wiped down after use and sanitiser,all of this ensures no transmission in gyms...its back up by the government and science.ANd yes,if you check the HSEs breakdown you will see infections have been predominantly in houses hence the guidelines now not to visit homes.

Where do people that go to gyms come from if not houses?
    I never said guidelines were ineffective i said they werent being enforced which they clearly werent.I am saying such guidelines which have been PROVEN scientifically to be ineffective shouldnt be followed and should be questioned.

Ok, you didn't say they are 'ineffective'. You said they are 'INEFFECTIVE':
    Stinks of entitlement?The fact that you so blindly will just follow INEFFECTIVE government guidelines is sad
    As for civil defence -their own definition is to be a rescue and emergency body and considring we are in the biggest emergency of our lifetimes i think they fit the bill.Again, i never mentioned scouts so thats just ridiculous.

What the civil defence is trained in: Casualty, Search and Rescue, Auxiliary Fire Service, Radiation Monitoring, Welfare and Communications.
    In what world does that equip them to police the streets and enforce restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

All the gyms in the UK were instructed to close but the people decided not to be sheep and blindly follow an ineffective guideline.They backed up their argument with scientific evidence and the Govt agreed.Now the UKs gym are opening even under the strictest level.

All the gyms in the UK haven't been instructed to close. Gyms in Tier 3 areas were asked to close. Lancashire didn't impose that restriction so Liverpool said they should be allowed open gyms if those in Lancashire were allowed stay open as it was inconsistent to apply different restrictions to different areas in Tier 3.

All the gyms in the UK were instructed to close but the people decided not to be sheep and blindly follow an ineffective guideline.They backed up their argument with scientific evidence and the Govt agreed.Now the UKs gym are opening even under the strictest level...............

You post complete horsesh1t in such a factual manner, it's still horsesh1t :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Thread locked, pending mod review. Too many reported posts to keep up with.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement