Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He is the leader of the health service. All nursing homes are part of the health service private or not private.

Only insofar as regulating and standards are concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How's these election talks anyway?

Leo. What will we do about the homeless
    Martin. Oh I don't know, what do use think
    Greens
    Green. Build Trees
    Leo. But but Sinn Féin would hide in the trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    It was obvious from early on the the SF supporters were aching to find something to complain about, one even saying that Borris Johnson was making us look bad.

There should be an enquiry. Singapore learned a lot from SARS, hopefully we can from this.

Can FG people on a FG thread discussing FG not dispute any FG criticism without making it a SF party conspiracy? The idea that any criticism can't be legitimate and must have been created on behalf of any party is the narrow minded arrogance has FG where it is, coming third in the election.

FG were tripping over themselves with the usual private market encouragement in this area too. They are responsible for monitoring and checking both public and private. Simon is livid so he is. He's going to roll up his sleeves any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    Can FG people on a FG thread discussing FG not dispute any FG criticism without making it a SF party conspiracy? The idea that any criticism can't be legitimate and must have been created on behalf of any party is the narrow minded arrogance has FG where it is, coming third in the election.

Cut the BS, a lot of the criticism here is from SF fans who will defend SF to the hilt and jump on something from another party. And much of it is disingenuous, people talking about blood on their hands after telling us that Borris Johnson was making them look bad for example. Its point scoring, nothing to do with discussion.

And before you call me a shill again, I have said about the nursing homes not being handled well.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,195 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cut the BS, a lot of the criticism here is from SF fans who will defend SF to the hilt and jump on something from another party. And much of it is disingenuous, people talking about blood on their hands after telling us that Borris Johnson was making them look bad for example. Its point scoring, nothing to do with discussion.

And before you call me a shill again, I have said about the nursing homes not being handled well.

Political points? I am politically opposed to FG, I voted against them, I want them gone.
    I make no apologies whatsoever using a thread about FG to point out their mistakes and arrogant incompetence...the reason I voted against them.

• Advertisement

And the Covid payment for women on maternity, the issue with the meat factory's, continuing to pay Denis Ó Brien and the lads millions when they don't need the private hospital beds, €200 for tests that can take days for results (Vienna has tests €190 results in hours), childcare for frontline workers.

I'm sure I could go on

Political points? I am politically opposed to FG, I voted against them, I want them gone.
    I make no apologies whatsoever using a thread about FG to point out their mistakes and arrogant incompetence...the reason I voted against them.

Point scoring, you know full well what I mean.

And the Covid payment for women on maternity, the issue with the meat factory's, continuing to pay Denis Ó Brien and the lads millions when they don't need the private hospital beds, €200 for tests that can take days for results (Vienna has tests €190 results in hours), childcare for frontline workers.

I'm sure I could go on

Much of this covered before, not going back over old ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I'm sure I could go on
    By all means do But:

What are your expert qualifications that gives you the authority to say private hospitals aren't needed?

Point scoring, you know full well what I mean.

You can claim that about any criticism.

Serious bit of whinging going on as this thread progresses.

• Advertisement

You can claim that about any criticism.

You could, but in this case it would be accurate.

You choose to peddle and believe that, as is your right. Even if true, why dismiss criticism based on where you believe it's coming from?
    You'll find much of what you paint as people defending SF to the hilt is where FG folk erroneously used SF as a buffer or a distraction and commentators such as myself would call you out on it like I am now. As I've said before if people used PBP or even the Greens in the same manner they use SF, all FG critics would suddenly become PBP'ers or Greens, god forbid.

Not calling you a shill pointing out you use assumed bias as a reason not to take criticism of FG on board, as borne out by your comment here. If you have issues with how things were handled are you a SF supporter?

Anyway, does it matter where criticism is coming from? I know all is forgotten with FF despite their sordid past, but I guess that's because FG benefit from it.

I'd hope we'd seen the last of FG and I was delighted SF did so well, as much as I would have been if it were PBP but not as much as if it had of been the SD's. Getting rid of FF/FG is the dream not putting SF in government, not for me anyway.

FG encourage the private market in many sectors and reward them with tax payer money. This is another case of that not working out too well.

You could, but in this case it would be accurate.

And whinging about it would be accurate too. If you don't want criticisms stop doing what causes it. The lesson FG refuse to learn even after polling their lowest vote ever.

Even if true, why dismiss criticism based on where you believe it's coming from?

Because, as I said it's being used for point scoring, and also some of it is nonsense.

Much of this covered before, not going back over old ground.

They havnt done anything about any of them apart from maternity pay today.

Next time anyone brings up SF and IRA, can a response just be talked bout this beforeb

polling their lowest vote ever.

Yet they others seem to be getting sentimental and haven't removed them from government yet :)

Next time anyone brings up SF and IRA, can a response just be talked bout this beforeb

Yes, I've no interest in the RA stories myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You choose to peddle and believe that, as is your right. Even if true, why dismiss criticism based on where you believe it's coming from?
    You'll find much of what you paint as people defending SF to the hilt is where FG folk erroneously used SF as a buffer or a distraction and commentators such as myself would call you out on it like I am now, As I've said before if people used PBP or even the Greens in the same manner they use SF, all FG critics would suddenly become PBP'ers or Greens, god forbid.

Not calling you a shill pointing out you use assumed bias as a reason not to take criticism of FG on board, as borne out by your comment here.

Anyway, does it matter where criticism is coming from? I know all is forgotten with FF despite there sordid past, but I guess that's because FG benefit from it.

I'd hope we'd seen the last of FG and I was delighted SF did so well, as much as I would have been if it were PBP but not as much as if it had of been the SD's. Getting rid of FF/FG is the dream not putting SF in government, not for me anyway.

You'd be much mistaken if you think all is, forgotten re FF, but it's selective criticism again from the SF crowd.
    Most likely partner fro SF in coalition if it ever happens will be FF, so there will be a softening from that lobby.
    Its a vicious old circle this politics.

Yet they others seem to be getting sentimental and haven't removed them from government yet :)

The arrogance to assume you are back in government. :rolleyes: QED.

The arrogance to assume you are back in government. :rolleyes: QED.

I am back in government? I have zero connection to FG apart from having voted for them.

The arrogance to assume I am part of FG.

• Advertisement

I am back in government? I have zero connection to FG apart from having voted for them.

The arrogance to assume I am part of FG.

What was the gloating post about then?

Because, as I said it's being used for point scoring, and also some of it is nonsense.

If point scoring is pointing out legitimate criticisms and wanting to discuss them, sure.
    You said you have issue with care homes and others talking about it are SF trying to score points. It seems to be a case of only the criticism you agree with and everyone else must have an agenda. Seems legit.

You'd be much mistaken if you think all is, forgotten re FF, but it's selective criticism again from the SF crowd.
    Most likely partner fro SF in coalition if it ever happens will be FF, so there will be a softening from that lobby.
    Its a vicious old circle this politics.

Of course it's selective. FG and FF are in talks to form a government. Should I be talking about Renua?
    Not forgotten? Will FG be making FF bring their own pens to work? :rolleyes:
    'From the SF crowd' Thanks for proving a point that didn't need proving.
    ..and we've the whataboutery.
    What constitutes forgiving. Would it be FG going into government with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I want an inquiry into what happened. If there are people to be held to account, whether they be Nursing Home management, NPHET, HSE HIQA or Government, then they should be.

Insisting someone is guilty or innocent before this happens is wrong either way.

Fergus Finlay channeling a few guys on here and deriding people and Simon Harris already up on the 'it wasn't me' bike is totally wrong too.

What about the nursing homes in Northern Ireland that suffered the same faith?

Like I know you will tell me SF have no control over anything up there especially in health.

Can you tell me who is in charge of health, housing in NI if SF and the DUP aren't?

This is a genuine question.

Like I know you will tell me SF have no control over anything up there especially in health.

Can you tell me who is in charge of health, housing in NI if SF and the DUP aren't?

So what other parties do or don't do in other jurisdictions cancels out what FG does or doesn't do in ours? Are you serious?

Yours is not a genuine question it's diversion.

A simple question turned into but SF

Its how it goes, funny really. Have FG not realised they tried the what about SF before the election and it failed as the puplic seen straight through it thanks to social media etc.. Same is happening again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A simple question turned into but SF

Its how it goes, funny really. Have FG not realised they tried the what about SF before the election and it failed as the puplic seen straight through it thanks to social media etc.. Same is happening again

My friend, I think you overestimate your ‘importance’ in the great scheme of things.

My friend, I think you overestimate your ‘importance’ in the great scheme of things.

You think? Over 70% of under 40s are on some kind of Social Media.

It has a bigger say and swing on young folk these days, than any newspaper. The world is changing, Ireland is changing the results of the election told us that.

FG and FF havn't seem to come to terms with it, well FF have they are just hanging onto anything they can. FG are just too self centered and stuck up to work with people from the lower class.

If SF have the same questions to answer in the north, what difference does that make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You think? Over 70% of under 40s are on some kind of Social Media.

It has a bigger say and swing on young folk these days, than any newspaper. The world is changing, Ireland is changing the results of the election told us that.

FG and FF havn't seem to come to terms with it, well FF have they are just hanging onto anything they can. FG are just to stuck up to work with people from the lower class.

I’m afraid there is a huge difference between ‘social media warriors’ and real life.

When the chips are down, reality and pragmatism will always win out.

How could anyone imagine SF and a bunch of marxists and commies running the country in good times never mind in times like this.

No my friend, only coins with nothing to lose and leaning toward anarchy could even dream of such a set up.

Billy Taxpayer has the sense to send that bad boy packing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement