Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Tell that to all the poor people's familys who died in Public and Private Nursing Homes.

Today in the Dail even more will come out

While I agree that we didn't get everything right, there are an awful lot of people alive here due to our Governments quick action. This Covid Pandemic caught the whole world off guard, with the last pandemic being the Spanish flu in 1918.
    In the grand scheme of things our government coped admirably.

Do we know how many/ what percentage of nursing homes were affected in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,977 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I assume that you actually read the letter?

Did Simon Harris 'read' this one? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

When you lie about your intentions then it is nothing more than classic sleeveenism.

What's 'weasel' about calling it what it is, an out and out lie. Even his high moral grounding about SF was all a lie too. He opened the door to them when he thought he had 50 seats.

There is nothing wrong by honestly entering talks to form a government in the event of a hung election.
    There is a lot wrong with telling the electorate lies.

Just keep pushing the party propaganda Francie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What is supposed to be wrong with that letter?

The tweet's description of it is factually incorrect also. Which is saying something as its not even that long a letter.

Did Simon Harris 'read' this one? ;)

What one? The one that pointed out the procedure for testing and the assumption that if one in a care home was positive, to proceed as if all were?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What one? The one that pointed out the procedure for testing and the assumption that if one in a care home was positive, to proceed as if all were?

It doesn't even say that, it says to presume all symptomatic patients are positive. This is eminently sensible and I don't see the issue with it.

It would have been preferable to be able to repeatedly test all patients, but not unfortunately practical given the global shortage of tests back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    But they said they wouldn't go in with FG too (and they also said they would go in with SF)

FG said they wouldn't go in with either. I'd be surprised if you didn't know this already considering the threads you post in tbh.

They're all liars. But it seems only the shinners line is the one that gets wheeled out.

But yous love it really, not much else to talk on regarding SF recently is there.
    At least we are all inclusive here:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

10/10 to Leo and the gang for doing such a great job in the current crisis. Ireland is being held up as an example to the world on how to tackle a pandemic. Top marks to Fine Gael...

I just hope the Irish electorate recognise this, and give them a thumping majority in the next General Election.

One thing we can be sure is that after all this is done and dusted , if an enquiry reveals its was handled properly and the best was done Leo and co will take the plaudits but If an enquiry shows mistakes were made and caused unnecessary debts and deaths then Tony houlihan and co will take the blame.

blackwhite wrote: »
    Just keep pushing the party propaganda Francie

If you say you won't do something and then do it - what have you done?

You have lied. You can dress it up any way you want, call it propaganda or 'tis the way it was always done' or sigh and say 'ah shure we all knew, nudge nudge wink wink' as much as you want.

It's a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

debok wrote: »
    One thing we can be sure is that after all this is done and dusted , if an enquiry reveals its was handled properly and the best was done Leo and co will take the plaudits but If an enquiry shows mistakes were made and caused unnecessary debts and deaths then Tony houlihan and co will take the blame.

Similarly, if the enquiry finds problems, FG will be blamed by the SF fans. And if it reveals that it was handled properly, the experts will be given the credit.

• Advertisement

You have lied. You can dress it up any way you want, call it propaganda or 'tis the way it was always done' or sigh and say 'ah shure we all knew, nudge nudge wink wink' as much as you want.

It's a lie.

The purpose of a politic party is to try and get into power and implement your policies.

Trying to portray a political party involved in coalition talks as a "sleeveen quest for power" is nothing more than pushing propoganda to push the same old agenda you've been spouting on here for years.

At least be honest and own your actions and history - inside of continuing the ridiculous lie of pretending to be an impartial observer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It's a lie.
    Incorrect

*stating the obvious alert*

When you go into a sovereign coalition, government, not doing some things you laid out prior to the election isn't a lie
    Sinn Féin won't have been in this situation yet,because they've never been in such a government
    Making out its any other way like you are trying to do,is deception or plain misunderstanding

*stating the obvious alert*

The purpose of a politic party is to try and get into power and implement your policies.

Trying to portray a political party involved in coalition talks as a "sleeveen quest for power" is nothing more than pushing propoganda to push the same old agenda you've been spouting on here for years.

At least be honest and own your actions and history - inside of continuing the ridiculous lie of pretending to be an impartial observer.

They are in talks (FF) with a party they told the electorate they would never talk to (FG)

A lie. QED.

They are in talks (FF) with a party they told the electorate they would never talk to (FG)

A lie. QED.

Which has what exactly to calling Coalition talks a "sleeven quest for power"?

Keep pushing the propaganda

Which has what exactly to calling Coalition talks a "sleeven quest for power"?

Keep pushing the propaganda

What else is it when you lied to the electorate to get there?

You are that used to the con you dont recognise it anymore as a lie. That's your issue.

What else is it when you lied to the electorate to get there?

You are that used to the con you dont recognise it anymore as a lie. That's your issue.

You're amusing because when SF get into sovereign government I can guarantee you unless they win an overall majority, they will not be implementing all they say prior to the vote

So by your standards, they're doomed to be liars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭satguy

I think should Michael Lowry ever step down, or maybe just stop running as the gene pool FG IND down in the Tipperary constituency.

Then in case I really feel that,,Former Fine Gael TD Maria Bailey, would make a perfect IND replacement for him. And would in fact be exactly what the people of Tipperary deserve.

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-irish-mirror-legal-proceedings-5110347-May2020/

She was a perfect fit for FG back when,, It's just things happened to go a bit south on her..

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You're amusing because when SF get into sovereign government I can guarantee you unless they win an overall majority, they will not be implementing all they say prior to the vote

So by your standards, they're doomed to be liars

I have already said this re: manifesto's.

More lies to the electorate and the political process devalued and demeaned.

It should be called out, whoever does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »
    I think should Michael Lowry ever step down, or maybe just stop running as the gene pool FG IND down in the Tipperary constituency.

Then in case I really feel that,,Former Fine Gael TD Maria Bailey, would make a perfect IND replacement for him. And would in fact be exactly what the people of Tipperary deserve.

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-irish-mirror-legal-proceedings-5110347-May2020/

She was a perfect fit for FG back when,, It's just things happened to go a bit south on her..

SF already have Maria Bailey selected as Violet Anne's running mate in county Clare, she fit the bill perfectly.

I have already said this re: manifesto's.

More lies to the electorate and the political process devalued and demeaned.

It should be called out, whoever does it.
    I'm afraid Francie,your twin track approach of saying it's your opinion to avoid having to answer the obvious implication what you say has on your own party doesn't wash around here
    So you may aswell admit it,your liar liar pants on fire angles are goosed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Well then the obvious answer is why are they not in office, busy planting money trees about the place as MLMD said this morning.

That’s why ,my friend.The country knows they would have the gaff bankrupt with no lenders in less that 3 years, and the shadowy figures on the windswept hills would melt away once the unrest and trouble and poverty took hold.

The public are not idiots.

I know thats why more people voted Sinn Fein as number one than Fine Gael

I'm afraid Francie,your twin track approach of saying it's your opinion to avoid having to answer the obvious implication what you say has on your own party doesn't wash around here
    So you may aswell admit it,your liar liar pants on fire angles are goosed

What?

What?

You know what they say about talking about you know what

I know thats why more people voted Sinn Fein as number one than Fine Gael

I think his point was more people voted for parties that wouldn't work with Sinn Féin than would

You know what they say about talking about you know what

The question you have refused to address is, is it right that FF are being allowed to proceed having lied to the electorate?
    Should Michael Martin be made to address that lie? What does it say about Martin and FG and you, that you can put this lie to one side and excuse it?

Now pivot away all you like to 'themuns' etc. That was the question you were asked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I think his point was more people voted for parties that wouldn't work with Sinn Féin than would

Many people voted for FF on the promise they wouldn't go into government with FG.

Its a fact, spin it any way you want, more people in Ireland voted for SF as number 1 than FF.

More people wanted Mary Lou in charge than Leo (FACT)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

FF voters prefer SF coalition,

The question you have refused to address is, is it right that FF are being allowed to proceed having lied to the electorate?
    Should Michael Martin be made to address that lie? What does it say about Martin and FG and you, that you can put this lie to one side and excuse it?

Now pivot away all you like to 'themuns' etc. That was the question you were asked.

I answered several times
    What political parties do or say before an election can be different when they get the public's verdict
    It was ever thus
    They then interpret the public's verdict and act accordingly
    It's as clear as night follows day that the public voted for a majority of t.d's opposed to working with SF and against a left wing government
    Otherwise Mary Lou would be Taoiseach
    Same cannot be said for micheál or Leo
    Any savvy voter knew the possible options for those two and gave it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

satguy wrote: »

He has the son lined up to replace him.

• Advertisement

FF voters prefer SF coalition,

Do they now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement