Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It will change. Guaranteed.

Our economy is utterly dependent on the global economy. For example 11.2 million tourists in 2019....what will 2020 bring??
    I love your optimism:rolleyes:
    I dont know what the plan is worldwide post coffid
    Everyone will be printing money which means a world wide reset
    Tourists will eventually come back
    That's also a worldwide problem
    Now where is MarkO 'Everyone who criticises FG is a Shinner' Daly with those Fine Gael policies that revived the economy? So naïve.
    I dont know but I'm waiting for Francie to answer the question I asked ie where NPHET said the government isnt following all of its recommendations or was that more of his fake news

I guess we'll both wait together
    I'll open a window and stay 2m apart at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

smurgen wrote: »
    One tiny example of FG playing with optics, posing for pictures trying to take the praise for things and subsequently trying to distance themselves when begin to fall apart is summed up beautifully by the fiasco that is the Cork Even Center

https://twitter.com/CorkEventCentre/status/766053302857506817?s=19

There's whataboutery and then there is this.
    Should FG have predicted the future?

Its a stupid question. See my post above which you chose to ignore. I know why.

It's not a stupid question, But to answer your inference, I'm allowed to put my phone down for a few minutes
    Coffid 19 spend will not be frowned upon by markets
    Austerity is recognised as not being an answer to our current unprecedented close down ,the hint is in the exceptional income replacing measures governments are taking
    I'm expecting a world wide reset

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I love your optimism:rolleyes:
    I dont know what the plan is worldwide post coffid
    Everyone will be printing money which means a world wide reset
    Tourists will eventually come back
    That's also a worldwide problem

I dont know but I'm waiting for Francie to answer the question I asked ie where NPHET said the government isnt following all of its recommendations or was that more of his fake news

I guess we'll both wait together
    I'll open a window and stay 2m apart at all times

Why do you always trim my posts and answer zero questions? You completely removed my fundamental point on the borrowing rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There's whataboutery and then there is this.
    Should FG have predicted the future?

What future?that saga is going on since 2016.mirrors their current behaviour perfectly. Photo ops to look impressive and then no solutions and distancing when this get messy. Simon and Lieo are fur coat and no knickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

If you can get the Shinners out of your headspace for a moment...this is absolutely true.

Well, YES. Scroll abck and i have commented on where I think the messed up. Allowing the Italian mess - Testing and getting results to people. FG's addiction to PR stunts. etc.

I am responsible for the incidence of criminality? What the hell????

So you would stand by and allow people to mess up without opening your mouth to criticise them?

Where you in HSE management before this crisis perhaps?

I have no issues with 'front line staff' and quote myself from earlier here:

'We can see that if the HSE is properly resourced and tasked how good it can be'.

It interesting that when all else fails that you start multi quoting an answer and attacking the poster. I presume the Where is a Were and the answer is NO I was not in HSE managment and before you ask another futile question I have never worked in the HSE, contracted into it, worked for a company that contracted into or that supplies any services or materials to it.

There is a very thin line between being critical and causing panic. Havs and will there be mistakes made yes there will and have been. But in general the Government Health officials and HSE have responded very well. Unjustificable criticism can lead to panic and casuing stress to people. This is not the same as the water charges debate, people lives are at risk. People will die that is the reality no matter what steps we take. It about minimizing these risks and deaths as far as possible.
    What future?that saga is going on since 2016.mirrors their current behaviour perfectly. Photo ops to look impressive and then no solutions and distancing when this get messy. Simon and Lieo are fur coat and no knickers.

more rubbish

Slava Ukrainii

Why do you always trim my posts and answer zero questions? You completely removed my fundamental point on the borrowing rates.

But I still answered it though
    Tourism will recover
    The economy has been switched off worldwide
    The kitchen sink is being thrown at and promised to the fall out worldwide
    Ergo,there will be no lack of stimulus problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

What are the comparisons/competition about?

This can be scrutinised and commented on without the need to compare. If somebody dies needlessly here it is of no importance to them or their families how they might have fared elsewhere.

There’s not much point in a discussion forum if people are going to narrow the scope of the discussion just to suit their own arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It interesting that when all else fails that you start multi quoting an answer and attacking the poster. I presume the Where is a Were and the answer is NO I was not in HSE managment and before you ask another futile question I have never worked in the HSE, contracted into it, worked for a company that contracted into or that supplies any services or materials to it.

There is a very thin line between being critical and causing panic. Havs and will there be mistakes made yes there will and have been. But in general the Government Health officials and HSE have responded very well. Unjustificable criticism can lead to panic and casuing stress to people. This is not the same as the water charges debate, people lives are at risk. People will die that is the reality no matter what steps we take. It about minimizing these risks and deaths as far as possible.

more rubbish
    I apologise I was in the garden and the spelling grammar could have been better.

Again... I have said several times that the overall response has been good.

Why do you, as part of your defense refuse to recognise that and try and portray people with a criticism or suggestion as people with problems.

FG are fallible as is the HSE. Get over it.
    This is a discussion forum not an echo chamber...get over it.

Repeated lapses and mistakes can cause panic and stress too.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tobsey wrote: »
    There’s not much point in a discussion forum if people are going to narrow the scope of the discussion just to suit their own arguments.

Oh there's plenty here trying to narrow the scope alright. 'Whatever you say, say nothing' etc etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The best thing FG can do is leave it to competent professionals as they seem to be doing. Let Varadkar have his smiling selfies, he was found out many months ago. All the 'we are in this together' good will won't change his abilities nor that of his colleagues and the public know this.
    They are bereft of empathy and selfish people who look after their own. They did it during the aftermath of the last financial crisis and they'll be doing it now.

Bowie wrote: »
    The best thing FG can do is leave it to competent professionals as they seem to be doing. Let Varadkar have his smiling selfies, he was found out many months ago. All the 'we are in this together' good will won't change his abilities nor that of his colleagues and the public know this.
    They are bereft of empathy and selfish people who look after their own. They did it during the aftermath of the last financial crisis and they'll be doing it now.
    Any chance your crystal ball has next week’s lotto numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Another everything right is the health officials and everything wrong is the FG's fault.

A government job is leadership which the government is giving in spades

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What has that got to do with this threads title or is it the case that you want your posts(across the entire of boards) to average 99.8% moaning instead of 99.79?

That poster is from Cork and has posted that tweet about a dozen times at this stage in the Cork Forum.

The guy is a classic SF fanboy, in all but name.

Anything bad that happened over the past 9 years, its FG's fault. blah blah blah, whinge, moan, cry, etc...

What this has to do with the OP itself, well nothing really.
    This thread is just a magnet for malcontents and cranks. Like flies to a fresh pile of dung, they will come. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

But I still answered it though
    Tourism will recover
    The economy has been switched off worldwide
    The kitchen sink is being thrown at and promised to the fall out worldwide
    Ergo,there will be no lack of stimulus problem

No you didn't answer it. You avoid all the stuff you don't like.

Let's start again. You said borrowing rates will stay low and never change.

I replied that they will change.

You trimmed my reply and only responded on tourism which was a minor point (an example)

Please reply to the points below the ...
    It will change. Guaranteed.

Our economy is utterly dependent on the global economy. For example 11.2 million tourists in 2019....what will 2020 bring??

Our GDP will shrink fast now and will go back to being one of the highest Debt-GDP ratios in the EU (100%+ as it was in 2011-2014).

The countries with the best Debt:GDP ratios in 2021 will get the best borrowing rates. That will not be us.

The national debt contains 64 billion of private banking losses not including the interest to service that private debt. At least Enda got us some favours on being the best pupil in the class...Oh wait, he didn't. Not another red cent...

FF and FG mismanagement of our country over the past 20 years will come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

They're doing alright

More citizens should follow the restrictions

All in it together my hole.

https://twitter.com/JoeLeogue/status/1246708989934669824?s=19

What has that got to do with this threads title or is it the case that you want your posts(across the entire of boards) to average 99.8% moaning instead of 99.79?

It's Finnerbots like yourself who cannot stop pissing and moaning since ye got wooped by the electorate. Leo and Coveney getting in after multiple counts really left a sting. Ye better get used to it mind because they days of ye resting on laurels is over.

markodaly wrote: »
    That poster is from Cork and has posted that tweet about a dozen times at this stage in the Cork Forum.

The guy is a classic SF fanboy, in all but name.

Anything bad that happened over the past 9 years, its FG's fault. blah blah blah, whinge, moan, cry, etc...

What this has to do with the OP itself, well nothing really.
    This thread is just a magnet for malcontents and cranks. Like flies to a fresh pile of dung, they will come. :pac:

So no discussion on my post? FG have been even more useless in Cork than almost anywhere else. What have they done for Cork since coming to power? What infrastructure projects for Cork have they deployed in the last 10 years?

No you didn't answer it. You avoid all the stuff you don't like.

Let's start again. You said borrowing rates will stay low and never change.

I replied that they will change.
    No they won't
    You trimmed my reply and only responded on tourism which was a minor point

Please reply to the points
    That's incorrect
    I answered without cluuttering up the post
    Money will be printed,interest rates will be low,stimulus, stimulus, stimulus where needed
    Spv's will be constructed to package the borrowing and stimulus response
    Tourists will be back eventually
    Your doomsday scenario is predicated on none of those 3 happening
    There is no appetite in governments anywhere to follow up the pandemic damage with austerity and governments are on record stating this
    It is that simple

• Advertisement

So no discussion on my post? FG have been even more useless in Cork than almost anywhere else. What have they done for Cork since coming to power? What infrastructure projects for Cork have they deployed in the last 10 years?

The thread is about the next 5 years,not some bug bear of yours from 4 years ago

It's Finnerbots like yourself who cannot stop pissing and moaning since ye got wooped by the electorate. Leo and Coveney getting in after multiple counts really left a sting. Ye better get used to it mind because they days of ye resting on laurels is over.

I'm afraid, its a tad un erudite of you to be lecturing me on moaning when all of your posts are moans,whilst most of mine are positive
    Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He will be answering phone lines. I thought when I seen the headline he was going to be rolling up the sleeves and being deployed to the front line testing or treating patients.

Better than doing the square root of fcuk all I suppose.
    It is understood the Taoiseach is helping out in phone assessments. Anyone who may have been exposed to Covid-19 is initially assessed over the phone rather than in person, to curb the spread of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

At least he has qualifications that are useful unlike the other party leaders who have the "square root of fcuk" all to contribute themselves.

Fair play to him contributing with what he has to contribute.

Also was registered in March so not like it was dreamt up over night.

At least he has qualifications that are useful unlike the other party leaders who the "square root of fcuk" all to contribute themselves.

What a strange train of thought, are you seriously complaining that other party leaders aren't medically qualified:confused:

Are medical qualifications now something you believe all party leaders should have before entering politics?

March was last week.

Fairplay to Leo for giving a dig out on the phone lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

McMurphy wrote: »
    What a strange train of thought, are you seriously complaining that other party leaders aren't medically qualified:confused:

Are medical qualifications now something you believe all party leaders should have before entering politics?

March was last week.

Fairplay to Leo for giving a dig out on the phone lines.

If you are a Shinner can you tell us if 3 time college dropout Pearse Doherty is a qualified engineer?

Actually can you tell us who is qualified in anything among SF TDs?

FF are not much better either.

It's just begrudgery really.

At least he has qualifications that are useful unlike the other party leaders who have the "square root of fcuk" all to contribute themselves.

Fair play to him. Like I've been saying since by the election he should go back the medicine.

• Advertisement

If you are a Shinner can you tell us if 3 time college dropout Pearse Doherty is a qualified engineer?

Actually can you tell us who is qualified in anything among SF TDs?

FF are not much better either.

It's just begrudgery really.

I'm not a shinner, I'm not wedded to any party Kermit, party faithfulness is what has politics in the toilet in this country, but I see a fairly common and recurring theme on these boards, say something even encroaching negativity about FG/govt deflect to something something Sinn Fein.

BTW - you seem to get pretty hung up on people's qualifications, and trying to imply a lack of them somehow diminishes anyone's input.

I will however point out that took Doherty (a 3 time engineering drop out) to point out a gaping hole in financially prudent and responsible FGs calculations.

The phantom €2 billion: How everyone except Sinn Féin got the maths wrong

Maybe he is one of those "so stupid he's smart" kind of guys, I dunno.

Now, quickly Kermit, off you go and pivot onto something else........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement