Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Are you prepared to back up the accusation of corruption ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Are you prepared to back up the accusation of corruption ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/while-public-is-distracted-by-covid-19-nama-shrugs-off-loan-sale-findings-1.4208238

The report focused on the 2012 sale of Project Nantes, a portfolio of loans linked to Quinlan Private, to Clairvue Capital, a US private equity fund. At the time of the sale, the loans were managed by Avestus, which took over Quinlan Private in 2010. The portfolio included personal loans of partners in Quinlan’s business.

Then Independent TD Mick Wallace revealed that a director of Avestus was also a director of the Clairvue entity that bought the loans, which he claimed was illegal. McCarthy found that it wasn’t illegal, as the provisions preventing the sale of Nama assets at discounts back to anyone linked to the original borrowers technically only referred to the sale of property and not loans.

The loans were sold for about €27 million, a €10 million loss for the agency – the only loss it made on loans linked to Avestus. McCarthy found that Nama undervalued the Nantes portfolio by as much as €29 million.

Why did the delay the publication of the internal report?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And now they're not answering questions of the opposition parties. It's like the night of the bank bailout all over again. Watch as dodgy deal after dodgy deal passes. Later their cheerleaders with claim it was an "emergency" and decisions had to be made fast and no alternatives were available.

Are you prepared to back up the allegation of corruption is what I asked?
    No?
    Thought so
    Nice fake news from you though

smurgen wrote: »
    And now they're not answering questions of the opposition parties. It's like the night of the bank bailout all over again. Watch as dodgy deal after dodgy deal passes. Later their cheerleaders with claim it was an "emergency" and decisions had to be made fast and no alternatives were available.

Fake news

Show us where questions asked have not been answered
    What dodgy deals:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Are you prepared to back up the allegation of corruption is what I asked?
    No?
    Thought so
    Nice fake news from you though

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mick-wallace-calls-on-finance-minister-to-investigate-illegal-26-million-nama-deal-887198.html
    Speaking under privilege, Mr Wallace said the company Avestus took over Quinlan Private in 2010.

The three principal directors, Olan Cremin, Thomas Dowd and Peter Donnelly, had borrowed heavily during the boom, mainly from Anglo Irish Bank, and owed €489m when the crash came,” he said.

The €489m went across to NAMA and NAMA assembled a portfolio with €352m of this debt, naming it Project Nantes. The three boys went off to America to find someone to put up the money and found a company called Clairvue. They then set up a shell company in Luxembourg called Clairvue Nantes and installed another director of Avestus, Mark Donnelly, as a director of the Luxembourg company. He had been a director of Avestus since 2010 and became a director of Clairvue in 2012,” he said.

The company bought Project Nantes for €26.6m, with a discount bringing the price to under 10% of the original value. This sale is in breach of the NAMA Act for multiple reasons. It was off-market, at a knock-down price and, worst of all, the purchaser was connected to the debtor which is illegal under section 172 of the NAMA Act

Oh yes of course, nothing to see here.

Maybe if it was an external report ;););)

You accused FG of corruption with that report,I asked you to back up that accusation
    You haven't
    Your accusation against FG is fake news

You accused FG of corruption with that report,I asked you to back up that accusation
    You haven't
    Your accusation against FG is fake news

Very suspicious indeed, I think you will agree? Lots of question marks. Time will tell.

I fully believe it was a corrupt and illegal deal. I am 100% convinced. It wouldn't be the first time FG took care of it's friends.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ghost?

You realise he's still currently under an active enquiry ref siteserv? NBBP will undoubtedly be yet another enquiry in the post, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Denis O'Brien headlines in the last few weeks.

Ghost indeed.

You always know people have nothing else to give out about when they bring up DoB.
    Is mostly smoke and mirrors and **** all substance. But work away lads. :D

I fully believe it was a corrupt and illegal deal.

You can believe in a flying spaghetti monster and bigfoot for all I care, that means **** all in reality.
    If all you have is a strong belief then unfortunately, you are wrong to equate your belief as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    You can believe in a flying spaghetti monster and bigfoot for all I care, that means **** all in reality.
    If all you have is a strong belief then unfortunately, you are wrong to equate your belief as fact.

Duly noted for the next time yourself or blanch start shyting on about army councils, shadowy figures blah blah blah, your belief means diddly squat without proof - am I understanding you correctly?

Very suspicious indeed, I think you will agree? Lots of question marks. Time will tell.

I fully believe it was a corrupt and illegal deal. I am 100% convinced. It wouldn't be the first time FG took care of it's friends.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

So fake news,your beliefs etc
    I see

Duly noted for the next time yourself or blanch start shyting on about army councils, shadowy figures blah blah blah, your belief means diddly squat without proof - am I understanding you correctly?

The thing is, there are ex-IRA members in SF. That is a fact! :D

So why is Ireland the top of the class when it comes to economic growth and reducing unemployment.

Sure, if a rising tide lifted all boats, why were places like Greece and Italy (pre-Covid19) struggling economically? Germany was on the cusp of a recession before the virus hit.

Rising tide lifts all boats, yet Irelands boat seemed be have been lifted way above anyone else in the EU.....
    Nothing at all to do with good government policy. Pure luck probably.

Still waiting MarkO ;)

Name those good government policies please. Not the IMF/FF policies that FG carried on willingly despite the 'Not another red cent' and 'Frankfurt way' rhetoric...Enda did nothing new, zero. He froze and the EU made a laughing stock of him.

The IMF, the people of Ireland and a lot of foreign multinationals got Ireland out of the last recession. FG were massively wasteful during that same period (e.g. despite their promises they created the biggest superquango of them all - Irish Water was a corrupt setup too).

The FG government did succeed in creating a massive national debt by not taking hard decisions (welfare state, shoite/wasteful/incompetent public services, corruption). That will come back to bite us when the budget deficit hits 20 billion+ this year.

Did they get that expensive printer into the Dail yet? Has Dara Murphy handed back his fraudulent expenses yet?

Gas that FG bots are already trying to create some revisionist history.

You want a reminder of all the great FG policies since 2011?? I'll be your huckleberry.

That depends on who is more likely to sue for slander
    A case against a slander accusation regarding the army council and Sinn Féin is unlikely to be taken in the first place but unlikely to fly given it's already published elsewhere and reported as said by officials eg gardai etc

Accusations of corruption in posts here against FG would be considered slander if a poster started naming individuals here
    They wont of course because they have no evidence to back that up if brought to law which I'm sure would happen and would be very costly for the poster
    Without naming or producing evidence of corruption, said accusation means fiddly squat
    Often forgotten is a court can go after a user name here and the person behind it

The thing is, there are ex-IRA members in SF. That is a fact! :D

Ex being the key word obviously, and it may have escaped your attention, but the IRA have been disbanded now for his long?

You ever heard of Hughie McElvaney or Michael Lowry?

Everyone can have beliefs, but your belief holds more sway because FG arrogance or something.

Hoisted by your own petard yet again.

So fake news,your beliefs etc
    I see

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/nama-could-have-got-better-price-on-nantes-loan-sale-39059881.html
    Nama probably failed to get the best price for a batch of loans linked to financier Derek Quinlan's boom-era property empire and failed to properly document its processes, according to a damning report from the Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG).

"It is difficult to conclude that Nama secured the best possible price for the sale of the Project Nantes loans," the report said.

It also found fault with the sale process, including a decision by Nama not to seek independent valuation advice in line with its own stated best practice.

They tried to bury the report in the Covid19 crisis but hopefully the truth comes out some day.

The FG government did succeed in creating a massive national debt by not taking hard decisions (welfare state, shoite/wasteful/incompetent public services, corruption). That will come back to bite us when the budget deficit hits 20 billion+ this year.

That's your opinion ,not fact
    We prior to Covid 19 have been running budget surpluses lately
    Covid 19 spend is being treated differently world wide
    Did they get that expensive printer into the Dail yet?

Still on about that? Ask Louise o'Reilly of SF from the watchdog that oversees oireachtas expenditure
    It's not a government competency
    That was pointed out to you a few days ago
    Ignored? Or missed in a fog of misty eyed fine Gael hate?

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/nama-could-have-got-better-price-on-nantes-loan-sale-39059881.html

They tried to bury the report in the Covid19 crisis but hopefully the truth comes out some day.

Wheres the report?can anyone read it? Freely available yes?
    Thought so
    More fake news

A case against a slander accusation regarding the army council and Sinn Féin is unlikely to be taken in the first place but unlikely to fly given it's already published elsewhere and reported as said by officials eg gardai etc

Accusations of corruption in posts here against FG would be considered slander if a poster started naming individuals here
    They wont of course because they have no evidence to back that up if brought to law which I'm sure would happen and would be very costly for the poster
    Without naming or producing evidence of corruption, said accusation means fiddly squat
    Often forgotten is a court can go after a user name here and the person behind it

Denis O'Brien suing anyone?

Get up the yard, would never happen.

• Advertisement

That's your opinion ,not fact
    We prior to Covid 19 have been running budget surpluses lately
    Covid 19 spend is being treated differently world wide

Still on about that? Ask Louise o'Reilly of SF from the watchdog that oversees oireachtas expenditure
    It's not a government competency
    That was pointed out to you a few days ago
    Ignored? Or missed in a fog of misty eyed fine Gael hate?

That question was directed to MarkO. You always trim my posts and go after the easy bits. No comment on the Irish Water superquango that continues to waste billions and was set up in a sea of corruption/cronyism?

Wheres the report?can anyone read it? Freely available yes?
    Thought so
    More fake news

Yes the report is available here.

https://www.audit.gov.ie/en/Find-Report/Publications/Special%20Reports/Special%20Report%20109%20-%20NAMA%E2%80%99s%20management%20and%20disposal%20of%20the%20Project%20Nantes%20loans.html

I like to provide extracts...I will continue to do so because you are so interested in getting to the bottom of it.

That question was directed to MarkO. You always trim my posts and go after the easy bits. No comment on the Irish Water superquango that continues to waste billions and was set up in a sea of corruption/cronyism?

Still posting about corruption without producing any actual evidence I see
    Fake news again so
    You're fond of that!

I only trim the parts I have already addressed
    Anyone can comment on your posts here by the way,its a public discussion forum
    I've come to the conclusion you're very unhappy with Fine Gael
    I actually have no problem with that and wish you well
    But obviously so far,I don't agree, stating why

Still posting about corruption without producing any actual evidence I see
    Fake news again so
    You're fond of that!

I only trim the parts I have already addressed
    Anyone can comment on your posts here by the way,its a public discussion forum
    I've come to the conclusion you're very unhappy with Fine Gael
    I actually have no problem with that and wish you well
    But obviously so far,I don't agree, stating why

I have lots to say about the Irish Water setup. When I have time I will outline it all for you. Full of corruption and intrigue too - you'll love it.

Denis O'Brien suing anyone?

Get up the yard, would never happen.

Dennis O'Brien is not a member of government
    I doubt anyone here is going to post evidence of corruption by named Fine Gael ministers unless they can stand over it
    Otherwise we are in fake news territory
    For the record,I think the Irish water,meters and charging process was handled badly from start to finish

I have lots to say about the Irish Water setup. When I have time I will outline it all for you. Full of corruption and intrigue too - you'll love it.

Be careful you don't name anyone then
    I'll probably not read it though sorry,had my fill of that for too many years on forums
    We've all moved on,well most of us anyway to more current issues

Be careful you don't name anyone then
    I'll probably not read it though sorry,had my fill of that for too many years on forums
    We've all moved on,well most of us anyway to more current issues

I never move on until justice is done.

Can I use the names in here?

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/03/05/denis-obrien-fine-gael-and-the-water-meter-deal/

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

No names called out, but if you say something like. "FG will always look after the Boss first"

Everyone here gets it. ,,

And as long as the findings of the moriarty tribunal are not acted upon, these accusations will always carry weight. It hurts them, it will always hurt them until it is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

This is from today 07/04/20

The Social Democrats say they will look at any proposal for coalition government produced by Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.
    But co-leader Róisín Shortall says there are fundamental policy differences between her party and Fine Gael in particular.

Now why would Róisín Shortall single out FG and not FF.

No answer needed,, we all know the answer,, all the parties mentioned above will work hard for the people, execpt the one Róisín singled out.

source
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-19-has-created-democratic-deficit-td-says-992600.html

• Advertisement

satguy wrote: »

Now why would Róisín Shortall single out FG and not FF.
    Because the one or two percent who voted for her party mightnt vote for her party again as they share her perspectives?
    Clearly they've forgiven FF

My own view is it's because,its a handy pathway to staying in opposition as they prefer being there
    Easier to give out
    I never move on until justice is done.

Can I use the names in here?

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/03/05/denis-obrien-fine-gael-and-the-water-meter-deal/

;)
    No one is accused in that of anything illegal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement