Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I thought you said FG are only following advice so can't be given any credit???

Some flip flopping for the 150th time from yourself to suit your agenda.

I'm one of those who is livid that they are shutting down government and the role of the opposition to have oversight.

As the health officials themselves have said...they give the advice and the government decides what to act on, in that advice.

That means there has to be oversight and that also means there is potential for lapses, mistakes and ****-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I'm one of those who is livid that they are shutting down government and the role of the opposition to have oversight.

Whats the big deal Francie. SF shutdown Stormant for almost 3 years. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

markodaly wrote: »

:D:D:D

Is there a parliament anywhere in Europe open at the moment?
    And should there be?
    No

As the health officials themselves have said...they give the advice and the government decides what to act on, in that advice.
    Where have NPHET stated the government haven't acted on any of their advice,to prompt such a statement from you?
    Or is this more of your fake news?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah but sure its different up there.

Power sharing or something.

So that let's the shinners off the hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Where have NPHET stated the government haven't acted on any of their advice,to prompt such a statement from you?

What he just said is a blatent lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Augme

Comparisons with other nations are always interesting. It's like dumb and dumber. Comparing yourself to the person who is dumber than you still doesn't mean you aren't dumb yourself. It's easy to pick examples of countries who have handled this situation terribly as a way of trying to show we have done a good job. It's also easy to pick countries that have handled this much better to show we have done a very poor job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What is rubbish about it?

You are trying to shut down/censor discussion as if criticising the government on a politics forum was treasonous.

Or have you some other motive for answering 'rubbish'?

Because it is rubbish I will quote you

''both FG and the HSE have made massive ****-ups prior to this''

So you are really following a political agenda, you are saying that HSE and front line staff are not doing there best. Are you upset with what front line staff had to cope Friday night some former so called retired freedom fighters putting gardai lives at risk. That is treason. Saying that HSE staff are not doing there best is treason IMO as well

It was you choose the word

Slava Ukrainii

Correct, I would also like to see our dear Francie clarify this.

Have the government not acted on any advice from the NPHET?
    If not, I am reporting the post as fake news and spreading falsehoods and fear.

* I have seen other posts carded by the way for spreading falsehoods, so please be open and honest in your reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

So why is Ireland the top of the class when it comes to economic growth and reducing unemployment.

Sure, if a rising tide lifted all boats, why were places like Greece and Italy (pre-Covid19) struggling economically? Germany was on the cusp of a recession before the virus hit.

Rising tide lifts all boats, yet Irelands boat seemed be have been lifted way above anyone else in the EU.....
    Nothing at all to do with good government policy. Pure luck probably.

Name those good government policies please. Not the IMF/FF policies that FG carried on willingly despite the 'Not another red cent' and 'Frankfurt way' rhetoric...Enda did nothing new, zero. He froze and the EU made a laughing stock of him.

The IMF, the people of Ireland and a lot of foreign multinationals got Ireland out of the last recession. FG were massively wasteful during that same period (e.g. despite their promises they created the biggest superquango of them all).

The FG government did succeed in creating a massive national debt by not taking hard decisions (welfare state, shoite/wasteful/incompetent public services, corruption). That will come back to bite us when the budget deficit hits 20 billion+ this year.

Did they get that expensive printer into the Dail yet? Has Dara Murphy handed back his fraudulent expenses yet?

Gas that FG bots are already trying to create some revisionist history.

You want a reminder of all the great FG policies since 2011?? I'll be your huckleberry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So why is Ireland the top of the class when it comes to economic growth and reducing unemployment.

Sure, if a rising tide lifted all boats, why were places like Greece and Italy (pre-Covid19) struggling economically? Germany was on the cusp of a recession before the virus hit.

Rising tide lifts all boats, yet Irelands boat seemed be have been lifted way above anyone else in the EU.....
    Nothing at all to do with good government policy. Pure luck probably.

If you follow by Trumpian measures of success we're doing good. However look into what's actually happening to people and it's not so rosey. We're working longer hours than most other countries and have a much higher proportion of low income workers than other countries. Easy to have everyone working when it's in low quality low pay work. The most recent OECD standard of living reports hint at this:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/almost-half-irish-workers-just-21661918

"The How’s Life report, which looks at all aspects of well-being from health and social connections to income and security, reveals that 47% of Irish employees are living close to the breadline compared with just 37% in the US, 32% in the UK and 22% in Norway.

Almost 9% of the population in Ireland live in income poverty."

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/ireland/

Name those good government policies please. Not the IMF/FF policies that FG carried on willingly despite the 'Not another red cent' and 'Frankfurt way' rhetoric...Enda did nothing new, zero. He froze and the EU made a laughing stock of him.

The IMF, the people of Ireland and a lot of foreign multinationals got Ireland out of the last recession. FG were massively wasteful during that same period (e.g. despite their promises they created the biggest superquango of them all).

The FG government did succeed in creating a massive national debt by not taking hard decisions (welfare state, shoite/wasteful/incompetent public services, corruption). That will come back to bite us when the budget deficit hits 20 billion+ this year.

Did they get that expensive printer into the Dail yet?

You want a reminder of all the great FG policies since 2011?? I'll be your huckleberry.

Revisionism at its finest.

There was no FG government, there was a FG coalition with Labour and then another minority FG government with FF.

Althought I do find it funny that people are now praising the IMF/EU for the economic policies 'they' imposed in Ireland which included Austerity, something SF et al have been fighting against all the time.
    Now, its grand! All forgiven. lol

So it was a rising tide lifts all boats, then it was the IMF/EU that did all the work, and during this time SF spent its time being as anti-EU as UKIP! :D:D

AP-Feb-2015-front-610.jpg

The FG government did succeed in creating a massive national debt by not taking hard decisions. That will come back to bite us when the budget deficit hits 20 billion+ this year.
    There'll be no bite back,Ireland's borrowing rates are amongst the lowest in the world which is in itself a good verdict from the financial markets
    Did they get that expensive printer into the Dail yet?

If you are going to talk about revision, best not mention the printer as FG had nothing to do with that
    It was the houses of the oireachtas commission who had responsibility for that
    Ironically one of its members is Sinn Féins the Pharma arent doing enough health spokesperson Louise o Reilly....

Revisionism at its finest.

There was no FG government, there was a FG coalition with Labour and then another minority FG government with FF.

Althought I do find it funny that people are now praising the IMF/EU for the economic policies 'they' imposed in Ireland which included Austerity, something SF et al have been fighting against all the time.
    Now, its grand! All forgiven. lol

So it was a rising tide lifts all boats, then it was the IMF/EU that did all the work, and during this time SF spent its time being as anti-EU as UKIP! :D:D

How is this waffle any response for my detailed post. Did you name those policies?

Listen carefully kiddo, I voted for FG for 20+ years including 2011 and 2016 so don't try that SF crap on me.

There'll be no bite back,Ireland's borrowing rates are amongst the lowest in the world which is in itself a good verdict from the financial markets

Oh right....and you don't think that could possibly change???? In a global recession???? What were the borrowing rates in 2012 for example?

20+ billion deficit on top of a 225bn national debt in 1 year....Put 2 and 2 together chief. Watch and learn.

smurgen wrote: »

From your links.
    It’s not all bad news as Ireland was one of 10 countries where life satisfaction rose by 5% or more.
    In general, Irish people are more satisfied with their lives than the OECD average. When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Irish people gave it a 7.0 grade on average, higher than the OECD average of 6.5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Ireland is ranked 3rd in the world under the HDI index. Not bad considering FG do **** all. :D:D:D
    Sure its all luck.

Listen carefully kiddo, I voted for FG for 20+ years including 2011 and 2016 so don't try that SF crap on me.

Ah, another 'I never voted for SF in my life', 'ex - FG voter' poster.

Oh right....and you don't think that could possibly change????

20 billion deficit on top of a 200bn national debt....Put 2 and 2 together chief. Watch and learn.

Might be the case if the whole world wasnt doing the same in relation to coffid 19
    So yeah I don't think it will change

Ah, another 'I never voted for SF in my life', 'ex - FG voter' poster.

Ask around, I think you will find it's true. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

From your links.

Ireland is ranked 3rd in the world under the HDI index. Not bad considering FG do **** all. :D:D:D
    Sure its all luck.

You have to remember the Shinners deal with a different clientele

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

You have to remember the Shinners deal with a different clientele

The can pay, but wont pay clientele? :p

From your links.

Sure its all luck.

I'm not surprised he never read the content behind those links ,that's been the norm in the fake news moanfest 'you're a finnerbot' posts

From your links.

Sure its all luck.

There's good and bad in there as I mentioned in my post. You touted GDP and employment as a sign of success.incorrect. Tell us what exact FG policies have they enacted themselves that have contributed to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Because it is rubbish I will quote you

''both FG and the HSE have made massive ****-ups prior to this''

If you can get the Shinners out of your headspace for a moment...this is absolutely true.

So you are really following a political agenda, you are saying that HSE and front line staff are not doing there best.
    Well, YES. Scroll abck and i have commented on where I think the messed up. Allowing the Italian mess - Testing and getting results to people. FG's addiction to PR stunts. etc.
    Are you upset with what front line staff had to cope Friday night some former so called retired freedom fighters putting gardai lives at risk. That is treason.
    I am responsible for the incidence of criminality? What the hell????
    Saying that HSE staff are not doing there best is treason IMO as well

It was you choose the word

So you would stand by and allow people to mess up without opening your mouth to criticise them?

Where you in HSE management before this crisis perhaps?

I have no issues with 'front line staff' and quote myself from earlier here:

'We can see that if the HSE is properly resourced and tasked how good it can be'.

Might be the case if the whole world wasnt doing the same in relation to coffid 19

It will change. Guaranteed.

Our economy is utterly dependent on the global economy. For example 11.2 million tourists in 2019....what will 2020 bring??

Our GDP will shrink fast now and will go back to being one of the highest Debt-GDP ratios in the EU (100%+ as it was in 2011-2014).

The countries with the best Debt:GDP ratios in 2021 will get the best borrowing rates. That will not be us.

The national debt contains 64 billion of private banking losses not including the interest to service that private debt. At least Enda got us some favours on being the best pupil in the class...Oh wait, he didn't. Not another red cent...

The gas thing is that in my original rant post, the only thing you could defend was the bloody 2m printer :D:D

Now where is MarkO 'Everyone who criticises FG is a Shinner' Daly with those Fine Gael policies that revived the economy? So naïve.

200 BN deficit is over coffid now ya?

200 BN deficit is over coffid now ya?

What was our borrowing rate and market managers opinions of our bonds pre coffid?
    I dont know why I'm asking because you don't know until you google

One tiny example of FG playing with optics, posing for pictures trying to take the praise for things and subsequently trying to distance themselves when begin to fall apart is summed up beautifully by the fiasco that is the Cork Even Center

https://twitter.com/CorkEventCentre/status/766053302857506817?s=19

What was our borrowing rate and market managers opinions of our bonds pre coffid?
    I dont know why I'm asking because you don't know until you google

Its a stupid question. See my post above which you chose to ignore. I know why.

• Advertisement

One tiny example of FG playing with optics, posing for pictures trying to take the praise for things and subsequently trying to distance themselves when begin to fall apart is summed up beautifully by the fiasco that is the Cork Even Center

https://twitter.com/CorkEventCentre/status/766053302857506817?s=19

What has that got to do with this threads title or is it the case that you want your posts(across the entire of boards) to average 99.8% moaning instead of 99.79?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement