Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Field east

efanton wrote: »
    Says the woman in the Dail with no one within 5 metres of her.
    Its perfectly safe to hold a leaders question and answer session by dramatically reducing numbers attending and ensuring sufficient space is kept between TD's as was done today. They are in a place of work after all crucial to the running of the country.
    Now more than ever is the time for government to inform Dail members and opposition parties of what is happening, and allow political oversight.

Sadly it seems FG might be milking this crisis for political gain, which if it is the case is absolutely disgraceful. At best they are expecting to be allowed to govern with no oversight whatsoever. Either is bad for democracy and bad for Ireland in the coming months when even more crucial decisions will have to be made.

There is a bit more than the 5 meters you refer to . Look at all the opportunities for any TD to come in contact with people/surfaces from home to dail, around the dail and back home

The last time we had a government making decisions with no oversight in the midst of a crisis it did not go well at all. Have FG learnt nothing from the banking crisis?
    There is a bit more than the 5 meters which you refer to. Look at all the potential opportunities for any TD attending the Dail to come in contact with people/surfaces from home to Dail, around the Dail and back again. Some garda have been spat at. ATD could suffer the same experience.
    It is VERY IMPORTANT that that those involved in leading positions that they keep the chances of getting sick /catching the virus to an absolute minimum if not zero. When Dr Holohan got unwell the nation took a deep breath. I would have grave concerns if , like the UK, Varadkar, Harris , Madrigan and Holohan went down at the same time. I’m sure their replacements would rise to the task but any such change at this crucial time rocks the boat. The ‘team’ up till now are all singing to the same hymn sheet - note for note. God spare us the way the parties in the North are behaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ballso wrote: »
    Outed? Did you not know about the provisional IRA Francie? I suppose there had to be a gap in your expertise somewhere

Let's try again...see can you deal with a post without mentioning SF or the 'RA.

Breathe deep.

Nothing will be allowed to take from the political rehabilitation of FG, that the sinister are exploiting from this crisis.

I was being serious, FG have upped their game. They've seen the chance and are taking advantage of it fully.
    'Defense' is part of it and you can see that active on Twitter and other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Let's try again...see can you deal with a post without mentioning SF or the 'RA.

Breathe deep.

Nothing will be allowed to take from the political rehabilitation of FG, that the sinister are exploiting from this crisis.

I was being serious, FG have upped their game. They've seen the chance and are taking advantage of it fully.
    'Defense' is part of it and you can see that active on Twitter and other platforms.

What the **** are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

My post was in response to Smurgens political commentary attached to a picture of a surgical smock with short arms petal, you can relax.

You reap what you sow.I'll highlight FG shortcomings until the sun burns out. If you don't like it try one of the twenty SF threads on here.

smurgen wrote: »
    You reap what you so.I'll highlight FG shortcomings until the sun burns out. If you don't like it try one of the twenty SF threads on here.

So you think the length of the arms in that smock are down to the Fine Gael party. That's what I thought. If Sinn Fein were in power they would have negotiated better and we'd have better PPE for health workers yeah?

• Advertisement

So you think the length of the arms in that smock are down to the Fine Gael party. That's what I thought. If Sinn Fein were in power they would have negotiated better and we'd have better PPE for health workers yeah?

Are you saying there was no quality or spec inspection before purchasing millions of Euro worth of equipment? Especially after their European counterparts advised that they had issues already.seems like gross negligence.

What the **** are you on about?

That there is a committed and obvious campaign to politically rehabilitate FG underway.

This is taking the form of Twitter bot accounts and activists on forums 'defending' them against any criticism, real or imagined.
    Nothing is to be allowed to take the gloss off their performance.

We know Leo favoured this approach previously.

Are you saying there was no quality or spec inspection before purchasing millions of Euro worth of equipment?

Well I don't know. There isn't a huge range to choose from at the minute. What with the killer global pandemic and that.

There will continue to be shortfalls throughout this crisis. Many people will die. Scoring cheap political points and hurling from the ditch on this is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. But it's all you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭This is it

This is a thread full of "so what you're saying is..." and "are you saying...".

Some craic to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

This is it wrote: »
    This is a thread full of "so what you're saying is..." and "are you saying...".

Some craic to read.

So what you are saying is you are better than everyone? ;)

• Advertisement

That there is a committed and obvious campaign to politically rehabilitate FG underway.

This is taking the form of Twitter bot accounts and activists on forums 'defending' them against any criticism, real or imagined.
    Nothing is to be allowed to take the gloss off their performance.

We know Leo favoured this approach previously.

Fair enough. I just hate Sinn Fein myself.

I just hate Sinn Fein myself.

So you jump to the defence of FG?

Not buying it...not buying! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Probably a green voter.

Loads of people hate Sinn Fein Francie. You seem surprised. Maybe murdering 1800 civilians might be a factor.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Probably a green voter.

Deffo! :)

Loads of people hate Sinn Fein Francie. You seem surprised. Maybe murdering 1800 civilians might be a factor.

And FFG caused 561 suicides in the last recession. Life's simple when you polarise your view.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/male-suicide-rate-jumped-by-57pc-during-recession-31317563.html

Sinn Fein to eliminate suicide in the upcoming recession now too, great. No end to what you lads will promise. Must be incredible to have infallible answers and solutions to literally everything.

Sinn Fein to eliminate suicide in the upcoming recession now too, great. No end to what you lads will promise. Must be incredible to have infallible answers and solutions to literally everything.

FG would much rather us under Westminster rule by virtue of the fact they're basically Tories. Imagine how we'd be getting on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

FG would much rather us under Westminster rule by virtue of the fact they're basically Tories. Imagine how we'd be getting on at the moment.

Nope. FG are nothing like the Tories. They dont copy the Tories. No Irish party will.

Uk has free GP care. Ireland doesn't.
    UK has free school books. Ireland doesn't.
    UK has world class universities. Ireland doesn't.
    UK top rate of tax starts at £50k. Ireland at €35k.
    UK has no USC. Ireland doesn't.
    UK has much higher employers contribution than in Ireland. (What we call employers PRSI).
    UK has better public transport. We dont even havw a rail link to an airport.
    Etc etc

Nope. FG are nothing like the Tories. They dont copy the Tories. No Irish party will.

UK has much higher employers contribution than in Ireland. (What we call employers PRSI).
    Etc etc

They're bending towards the Tories where possible only the electorate and left leaning parties keep them in check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Etc etc

How much of the above were introduced by the British LP?

Any kind of prudent financial management grounded in economic reality makes you a "Tory" to the free gaffs for everyone brigade.

Even the most chronically stupid & ignorant won't buy the shinnernomics nonsense with the scale of the economic crisis we are about to plunge into. Sinn Fein and their fantasyland promises are finished.

Any kind of prudent financial management grounded in economic reality makes you a "Tory" to the free gaffs for everyone brigade.

Even the most chronically stupid & ignorant won't buy the shinnernomics nonsense with the scale of the economic crisis we are about to plunge into. Sinn Fein and their fantasyland promises are finished.

The Shinners are giving 'free gaffs' to everyone now? :)

I'll remind you who has been in power in this state for the 100 years of it's existence..FF or FG and at various times Lab/Gr's/Cumman Na Gael/ various Independents/ PD's etc etc.

It is the parties above who have created the version of the welfare state that we have.

But the 'shinners...something something something' :):)

They're bending towards the Tories where possible only the electorate and left leaning parties keep them in check.

Name the Tory policies FG have.

Btw getting rid of tax relief at the higher rate for pension contributions and having a third rate of income tax are two Tory policies SF have.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    How much of the above were introduced by the British LP?

Tories have been in power for 28 of the last 40 years. They obviously want to keep those things.

UK hold state commemorations for units of the British military. Ireland doesn't. (but would have had Charlie and Leo had their way)
    Etc etc

Updated the list.

Could've sworn that a few months ago FG cheerleaders (of which I'm sure you're not one) were proclaiming that the shinners were banjaxed because the state was enjoying a boom, and the shinners need "recession and misery" as their only chance of being elected:confused:

It's the opposite now I see.

Interesting.

Updated the list.

I think in the midst of all this we can all agree that tan commemoration ****e they tried to pull was ****ing moronic. Absolute tone deaf morons.

• Advertisement

Could've sworn that a few months ago FG cheerleaders (of which I'm sure you're not one) were proclaiming that the shinners were banjaxed because the state was enjoying a boom, and the shinners need "recession and misery" as their only chance of being elected:confused:

It's the opposite now I see.

Interesting.

SF said we could spent an extra 23billion a year by 2025. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement