Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

Congrats Dónal. When’s it due? First one? :)

Third! Not due until August. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Would love to get an Airfrier but as there’s usually 6 of us, I don’t think they make them big enough. :(

I have the philips xxl one and it would be tight doing chips for 6 alright. It's so quick though you could do them in two batches.

It's handy for so much more though. I can fit a 1.5kg whole chicken in mine cooks in 45 minutes. Cook tandoori chicken pieces in 12 minutes. Par baked bread rolls in 7min no preheating. Handy in the morning when I've forgotten I've no fresh bread for the school lunches! Everything comes out crispier than I could get it in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Roasted Peppers stuffed with Spiced Lamb

Oh how I love this. One of my Moms specialities. We have it in a spicy tomato sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rich lamb stew with lemon, thyme and black pepper suet dumplings and green beans.

[IMG][/img]htCkq8m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made a brisket chilli con carne in the instant pot yesterday evening, and enjoyed it's leftovers for today's dinner which I served with skin left on mashed potatoes, was really tasty and real good comfort grub.

IMG-20200327-181019.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cottage pie with tenderstem broccoli.

IMG-7783.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

McMurphy wrote: »
    Made a brisket chilli con carne in the instant pot yesterday evening, and enjoyed it's leftovers for today's dinner which I served with skin left on mashed potatoes, was really tasty and real good comfort grub.

People used to give me weird looks when I'd ask for mash with a lasagne. There's probably very few foods I wouldn't happily add mash to. It's my favourite food hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    People used to give me weird looks when I'd ask for mash with a lasagne. There's probably very few foods I wouldn't happily add mash to. It's my favourite food hands down.

I remember the odd looks I got from my brother in law when he first seen it, he's now a fully converted mash with chilli guy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Some Bresaola and bread which was damm tasty :D

507373.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Chicken Teryaki and edamame

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Freezer clear to free space for todays week shop has lead to tonights dinner being ghetto katsu chicken

Normally breaded goujons from the local butcher, chips and a frozen portion of katsu sauce I made a few months ago

Excess goujons and further chips will likely be had with ketchup or fritesaus (that I smuggle back from the Netherlands any time I'm there) after a few drinks tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

L1011 wrote: »
    Freezer clear to free space for todays week shop has lead to tonights dinner being ghetto katsu chicken

Normally breaded goujons from the local butcher, chips and a frozen portion of katsu sauce I made a few months ago

Excess goujons and further chips will likely be had with ketchup or fritesaus (that I smuggle back from the Netherlands any time I'm there) after a few drinks tonight :pac:

How does the katsu sauce come back from being frozen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

cefh17 wrote: »
    How does the katsu sauce come back from being frozen?

Surprisingly well. I freeze it in IKEA ziploc bags flattened (do this with curry base sauces also) and you just cut the bag off the slab of sauce, break it up a bit, put in a saucepan and throw some boiling water over it. Then finish melting/reheating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Beef short ribs and wings. Ribs slow cooked in ginger, garlic, soy, hoisin, star anise, cinnamon, stock etc. Wings baked in similar with some sambel oelek in there. The ribs turned out great. Fall off the bone goodness.

81sAEXI.jpg
    wRQjXQV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Those wings almost look healthy! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

^ Those wings almost look healthy! :)

Don't they look amazing.
    Put me right off my boring tuna salad :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had wings last night too.
    Frank's hotsauce, butter, tamarind extract, a little sugar and finely chopped wild leek.

Had a slaw made from Jerusalem artichoke, carrot, apple and ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

BBQ Roast lamb with drip pan potatoes

Pork & prawn wontons with a soy, ginger, honey and chilli sauce. Token lettuce on the side.

B009-BFCD-C2-AE-4814-B127-1-BB54-EAEE746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Good old spaghetti Bolognese.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken pie made with leftovers from last night's roast chicken.
    (@ the beer revolu - I know, I know, but we can't have pastry under as well as over at our age! :D: )

IMG-7797.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Open Steak sambo with the last of my focaccia. Shouldn't have had so much focaccia for lunch and it could have had a lid! This is my wife's one, mine wasn't quite so dainty and photogenic looking! :D
    507765.jpg

We had pizzas tonight.

IMG-7805.jpg

Dry aged rib eye on lumpwood charcoal, corn on the cob, caramelised red onion and air fryer chips. With loads of quarantine cocktails!!

Made smash burgers this evening, did the buns from scratch too, they turned out nicer than I thought they would compared to shop bought

IMG-20200401-WA0021.jpg

That burger looks class! Whats on it? Did you cook in a pan or bbq?

Thanks!

Just the burger, cheese, pickles and (on my gf's burger only) ketchup/mayo/relish mix.

Did it in a cast iron pan ripping hot, smash em in and cook like 90% on one side, flip and add cheese and put a lid on to steam it to make it melt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

cefh17 wrote: »
    Made smash burgers this evening, did the buns from scratch too, they turned out nicer than I thought they would compared to shop bought

Nice, how did you make the buns?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

burger making thread here, which talks of the smash technique which I would also highly recommend
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057730922

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Nice, how did you make the buns?

I followed this lad:
    https://youtu.be/gTGSUYMu6Ns

Advertisement