Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Turkey and cashew nut stir fry.
    506133.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pasta e Fagioli (Bean & Pasta Soup) with a Tomato and Parmesan topping. Kids loved it.

E03-E40-BC-9625-4-FFB-8-E59-0399-B25-D7-A22.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pastaefagioli_92269

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

We had garlic and rosemary roasted sweet potatoes, gnocchi in a sage butter, and green beans with a bit of pecorino grated over it.

2qpy5rk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicory and walnut pasta with fennel, ricotta and parmesan sauce. Ended up tasting a lot better than I thought it would, and a lot tastier than it looks. Probably all the butter I put into it. Oh well.

unB71Gw.jpg?1

Based off this recipe but a lot less healthy and I couldn't find radicchio so used chicory instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lasagna, with a home made baguette I found languishing in the freezer.
    I find my focus is much more on food at the moment than it has been in ages. I'm managing the fridge and freezer and using what I have in rather than buying handy things to cook a couple of times a week.

IMG-7753.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had monster ribeyes with cheesy garlicky potato gratin.

IMG-7758.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Doesn't look much, but believe me this was delicious.

Work has been mental busy recently what with this virus, so when I got in it needed to be something fairly quick, but wanted it to be nutritious and tasty too.

Washed and rinsed Jasmine rice, and put it in the instant pot with some salt and a bit of butter, pan fried leftover chicken from yesterday's dinner with spring onions, peri peri seasoning and a splash of lime juice (freshly squeezed) all served with spicy taco beans some finely sliced raw onion scattered on top.

The kids loved it too.

IMG-20200323-184117.jpg

Brought some wild garlic back from my walk this morning. Made a pesto with it.

Pasta with Pesto and Bacon

36595-E7-A-8-E29-4509-B2-C8-3-E07-C7980-E6-A.jpg

Chicken & bacon pie this evening!

3tqz0v.gif

Roasted Peppers stuffed with Spiced Lamb

B95-EC297-27-DA-4665-91-AC-D9-F2-B331-DAD1.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/roast_peppers_stuffed_10311

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭Be right back

Steak, mash, fried onions and mushrooms and not forgetting croquettes smothered in pepper sauce..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Steak, mash, fried onions and mushrooms and not forgetting croquettes smothered in pepper sauce..

A classic!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A classic!

Can't go wrong with it, surely and it was very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can't go wrong with it, surely and it was very tasty.

I have something very similar lined up for tomorrow. No croquettes or mushrooms in stock so it will be steak, mash, fried onions and peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Dónal wrote: »

Looks delicious!
    My sister will only make pies in a round dish, I think anything other than rectangle is a fallacy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

What's the middle layer please?

Slow cooked chicken, veg and rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ellejay wrote: »
    Looks delicious!
    My sister will only make pies in a round dish, I think anything other than rectangle is a fallacy :D

As long as it's not just a pastry lid.
    For some reason, I consider that as a cop out pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

While not quite BBQ weather just yet, I thought I'd do burgers this evening, so made my own patties from some steak mince I had, just the mince, finely grated onion, salt, pepper and garlic salt.

Definitely lifted the kids spirits for them.

Bit of side salad with chips to go with it.

IMG-20200325-184111.jpg

McMurphy wrote: »
    While not quite BBQ weather just yet, I thought I'd do burgers this evening, so made my own patties from some steak mince I had, just the mince, finely grated onion, salt, pepper and garlic salt.

Definitely lifted the kids spirits for them.

Bit of side salad with chips to go with it.

Beats McDonald's anyday.

• Advertisement

Burgers too tonight. Homemade burgers just mince with blackpepper and maldon smoked sea salt. Served with cheesy potato skins done in the airfryer.
    507128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

zXWbPjH.jpg?1

Roasted carrots, chickpeas and broccoli with homemade kind-of-za'atar rub (made it up based on googling and what I had in the spice press), with lemony yoghurt and spinach. From here.

I was apprehensive, but it was actually really tasty. Something different at least.

Also burgers! Wife is pregnant and really wanted a Big Mac.

Mixed mince beef with minced bacon this evening. Managed to get our hands on some Big Mac sauce that a friend had, but had plans to make the sauce similar to the Irish Times article recently on homemade big macs.

EA41688-D-01-A8-4-BF2-951-D-2-E342-C9526-D2.jpg

Nua wrote: »

What's the middle layer please?

BBQ relish! Made with onions, Tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic, rosemary, lemon juice and a tiny bit of sugar. Really tasty.

Ryath wrote: »
    Burgers too tonight. Homemade burgers just mince with blackpepper and maldon smoked sea salt. Served with cheesy potato skins done in the airfryer.

Those potato skins look fantastic ( as does the burger) :)

Also burgers! Wife is pregnant and really wanted a Big Mac. ]

Congrats Dónal. When’s it due? First one? :)

Also burgers! Wife is pregnant and really wanted a Big Mac. ]

Congrats Dónal. When’s it due? First one? :)

Those potato skins look fantastic ( as does the burger) :)

Thanks. Handy and economical do in these housebound times as they were just the peelings from yesterdays mash!:) I just store them covered in water in the fridge.

Ryath wrote: »
    Thanks. Handy and economical do in these housebound times as they were just the peelings from yesterdays mash!:) I just store them covered in water in the fridge.

Would love to get an Airfrier but as there’s usually 6 of us, I don’t think they make them big enough. :(

• Advertisement

Home made chicken goujons with Airfryer chips and coleslaw.

IMG-7782.jpg

Advertisement