Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Had an Italian weekend, homemade pizza on Saturday followed by tagliatelle bolognese on Sunday.

The oven stone was used for the first time in about a year and it won't be left for as long the next time.

The prettier pizza's didn't last long enough for a photo but managed to get one snap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I don't understand this at all? You need to add bread to this meal?
    Just the meat between 2 slices:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Just the meat between 2 slices:confused:

I think that it's just that most Irish people wouldn't consider having bread with a roast dinner.

I shared a flat with an Italian girl and she was pretty much unable to eat any meal without bread of some description. I'd cook a beautiful meal and she'd get out the sliced pan:(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

We had Nigella's lemon linguine (well we only had spaghetti in the press) and they were quick and easy to make and scrumptious, will be a new staple.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Disappointing to see so many shop bought items and low quality food displays in this "here's what I had for dinner" thread
    I'm surprised you will be brave enough to post glistening pictures of these items, and more meats, which doctors are now learning will cause hair loss on the crown and receding forehead on both men and women, and how many of these items were ethically sourced?? I've noticed poor quality hair and bald spots on many women recently, reason being, high degree of meat (usually low quality) in their diets, which once ingested really messed with their hormones
    I don't mean to cuss, but the standard was low.

Where do you get your food then? Are you farming it all? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Andreas1977 please read the forum charter before posting again. Trolling is not tolerated in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Disappointing to see so many shop bought items and low quality food displays in this "here's what I had for dinner" thread
    I'm surprised you will be brave enough to post glistening pictures of these items, and more meats, which doctors are now learning will cause hair loss on the crown and receding forehead on both men and women, and how many of these items were ethically sourced?? I've noticed poor quality hair and bald spots on many women recently, reason being, high degree of meat (usually low quality) in their diets, which once ingested really messed with their hormones
    I don't mean to cuss, but the standard was low.

Its called here’s what i HAD for dinner. Not here’s what I ethically sourced and cooked from scratch for dinner.

People can post a photo of their big mac if that’s what they HAD for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Arancini (Deep-fried Risotto Balls), Green Salad and a Garlic & Herb Yogurt Dip.

E520-D855-8-B12-4-B30-B1-BB-990-D9-E4-C475-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Did you make the arancini yourself Gloom? They look amazing and are my favourite Sicilian food. But they take so long to make I can never be bothered trying to make them myself.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Did you make the arancini yourself Gloom? They look amazing and are my favourite Sicilian food. But they take so long to make I can never be bothered trying to make them myself.

I had loads of leftover risotto from earlier in the week so recycled it into Arancini.

I think the secret is to have it really cold so the rice grains stick together.
    Roll into balls (I used an ice cream scoop), roll in seasoned flour, egg then breadcrumbs and onto a tray. It’s pretty messy even using a scoop but not difficult.

I deep fried until brown all over.

Only took maybe 30 minutes for 15 large-ish balls. It would be a few hours if you were making risotto from scratch then chilling.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's the risotto that's the problem. I'd never have leftovers and just don't have the patience to make it just for the arancini. :(

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah it's the risotto that's the problem. I'd never have leftovers and just don't have the patience to make it just for the arancini. :(

There was meant to be 8 for dinner but ended up with 3. Fickle teenagers means loads of leftovers! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

3 Pizzas, fresh pasta.

'er indoors made the stuffed Portabello, tomatoes and peppers (Minced Pork, Rice, breadcrumbs, cheese n herbs)

(I went for a run this morning :pac::pac: )

21GbTtal.jpg

Gnocchi with pancetta, spinach & Parmesan cream. With a Tomato and Mozzarella Salad and Fried Sourdough Starter Bread

201-C2091-EBB3-4836-A2-AC-A30-D07-A164-DB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made a chicken and cauliflower curry from scratch last night in the instant pot which I just needed to reheat when i got in this evening.

IMG-20200309-174617-1.jpg

Served it with pilau rice, and was a big hit. Even with the younger members of the McMurphy household.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Made a massive pot of minestrone this evening most of it destined for the freezer. Few bowls doubled as dinner.

505142.jpg

You made these gnocci yourself? Or shop bought?

I needed to pull something together quickly so shop bought.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Cheese and onion quiche, butter roasted baby potatoes with parsley and some greens

bsAkP6B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Chicken, garlic mash, peas and gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chicken, garlic mash, peas and gravy.

Oh lovely!

Not been well enough to cook so reduced to … fish fingers and mushy peas... But it was perfect for the occasion ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bibimbap with Gochujang Sauce and mixed veg. Shiitakes, carrots, sprouts, spinach, pak choi etc. Rice under the egg.

BUwcU_s1atOQuUZTRPO61wmY6VYVouJqvrKWrRRQpCwOE23o9yGx40ViiIRuDd4A5NkJ4-0DTIq5drtrORSaTrpH1KdmI1ZrX8qifu7GXeyU4Kfyq4_rstGi-wyRxZBRQy4slSzuhT5IkTUY6Gb3QSsGHs244a7smEPYi3Bx3pD4-TlcTBPE5Nc5CY4SmSc3NTLr_tYZ6YLPoQoggSg2bgh9mc3RrJDwQ-nMhbIlUdaaRf738TOn7zf4-FMDpZ3ZMjHaHs-7x5RI_2jO4w7-Mh4qlrnwpL4JGoQRCZvrJ4YPHVdztVrEn7NDAWRrdwNWuQ4l6yOctdtb1miONPsHu1H6-MraIIBh572dVq0zxru6lu_5OE3ZPuBnbvHFspvB15gDkZvfzRp3_C6PHp_KUItEsVrIeq5f26uB2u-IhKQxVq-pbxJ4JlzmaCq41W3TLRTsmnjAC7hoHRalSAq4RLCzSf1YOLuye3JMxJCqvHgsvLnnB5puay7oO-Go5QZOYp6wrqRbeBCPxm-Vf8wn2jv6U8NFLPWb-292iungjw_pNZZComcDOi5mggJm1kbD66vCzTz2siRmEcd-w26sfd95upA4teWBs6O2LKPCVg9OTYBcpolPpOv9_Zuf9RQbK8TlFjGdleps6VUZ3oJ4PDKiEh952PayRRqG_7nh0nSlNE224gSRQH47=w834-h625-no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh lovely!

Not been well enough to cook so reduced to … fish fingers and mushy peas... But it was perfect for the occasion ;)

That's my second favourite dinner!

First time......Trad. French Pot Roast Chicken as below link.
    Have the Le Crueset etc and just banged in a cup of Orchard Thieves instead of his dry sherry (don't have). Potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtj09D-4wSk

I'll take that....

d4Us0msl.jpg

So....I thought 160c wasn't hot enough so put the fan on for about 40 minutes or so. It came out really well cooked.....wings fell off. Potatoes/carrots very soft. Garlic cloves were like soft butter.
    I should have seasoned the whole lot a bit more. But I seasoned it on the plate.

It's a good one pot dish.

....again, first time, never made baps before but regularly make pizza dough so same same,
    eodAZV7l.jpg
    QZQ6wfal.jpg
    AXUpIIDl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Vegetarian Madras with basmati rice

......a couple of days ago....one pot so to speak.
    "Cheesy Baked Pasta with Ricotta and Sausage"

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/brilliantly-simple-pasta-recipes-1.4200047
    zTvYXKol.jpg

3lheBxEl.jpg

For a second when I saw that black and white picture I thought you had cremated the dinner.

You're right :)

Thought the Ricotta would melt out.....apparently not.
    Before and after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had glazed loin of bacon with mash and roasted root veg tonight.

IMG-7740.jpg

Advertisement