Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Juicy Lucy burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

niallo76 wrote: »
    Juicy Lucy burgers

GIVE ME THAT RECIPE NOW!!!!!!!

please..?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

GIVE ME THAT RECIPE NOW!!!!!!!

please..?

Hi,
    Mincemeat
    Salt and pepper
    Make 2 burgers...one slightly smaller than other.
    Add whatever cheese you want on bigger burger...we used easi singles)
    Place smaller burger over cheese and seal.
    This made 5 decent sized burgers.
    Cook and enjoy.
    That's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Beef Ghoulish - my first go at it. Went well.

33QxL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Yesterday I cooked a beef mince and olives stew for dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

We tried beef and pork mince meatballs, I will be making these again.:D

IDRTnHS.jpg?1hkIqwYL.jpg?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

First ever attempt at smashed burgers today. Perfectly edible but the takeaway lessons were:

I need different tools for it. Slotted spatula was too difficult to use.

I need to do it outdoors on the gas grill cause the smoke is insane. Both Nest Protects are still moaning at me!

I need to use a bit less salt

I need to use a bit less meat per patty. Did 6 from ~500g with the intent of stacking 3 for half pounders; they don't cook fast enough and half pounders are a bit excessive so I'll cut to 400g for 6 next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had enchiladas tonight. They were huge so we have some left for lunch tomorrow :)

IMG-7838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oven mushroom risotto. Not bad, but I have to watch the garlic next time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because I'm planning a chocolate coma for most of tomorrow; I did a fridge expiry date check this evening and cooked a big pot of a sort-of-not chilli, with chopped sliced chorizo and less overall heat, to have for tomorrows dinner. Will go grab some sour cream; although we're going to add a tub a week to the milkman order as we seem to be using it more and more.

Still have a giant bag of spinach I bought on a whim and don't know what to do with. Saag paneer seems likely!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Wild Garlic, potato and leek soup with freshly baked ciabatta I forgot to take a picture of for starters.

Main was duck stirfry (the rare occasion I actually want to type that word and it autocorrects to profanity).

509231.jpg

Recipe
    509233.jpg

Made carrot cake for dessert. Couldn't fit any more food inside myself but I'm assured by enthusiastic cake testers that it is yum.
    509232.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Followed a Bon Appetit recipe for roast chicken with a gochujang rub, was really tasty. First time using the paste that I bought recently outside of using it for kimchi

IMG-20200412-165917.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

cefh17 wrote: »
    Followed a Bon Appetit recipe for roast chicken with a gochujang rub, was really tasty. First time using the paste that I bought recently outside of using it for kimchi

Looks great!
    I really love that chilli paste, works well in fried cabbage.

Chicken with roast sweet potatoes and tomatoes later, and a salad of parsley, red onion, lemon juice, evoo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Roast chicken, ham glazed with honey and orange rind, mushy peas, diced carrots, stuffing and gravy. Fab.
    Oh, and baby potatoes roasted in duck fat.

Made a stock out of the chicken bones, for a tomato soup tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Rolled rib of beef medium rare, broccoli, carrots, roast potatoes and gravy. Easter egg for dessert!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

It was our first time making our own Easter dinner. We did half a leg of lamb, roast poatoes, honey roasted parsnips and carrots, and gravy (and peas for himself, cause he can rarely do dinner without them :P).

Jelly and ice-cream for dessert. And picking at Easter eggs throughout the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yesterday was a couple of small strip loin steaks, fried rare.
    Avacodo and tomato salsa.
    Fried kale with garlic.
    Made a kind of pesto/chutney from nettles with ginger, garlic, lime juice, salt, chilli, cumin and coriander. I fried this paste a little and served with the steak.
    Thai fragrant rice.

A somewhat allovertheplace meal but very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Slow cooker Tuscan garlic chicken with mash, recipe here. Seriously garlicky, doubled the amount of garlic they recommended. I am going to be radioactive tomorrow, but this is a very tasty dish. Recommend giving it a go, very easy too.

KD8tt74.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Looking at all the portion sizes I see in everyone’s photos.....makes me realise how much of an absolute pig I am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My mum made some Squid rings. We had them with lemom and salt and some chips on the side.

20200413-214943.jpg

• Advertisement

Looking at all the portion sizes I see in everyone’s photos.....makes me realise how much of an absolute pig I am!!

Nobody posts photos of seconds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Nobody posts photos of seconds :D

Exactly.
    I don't like an overfull plate, so portions could look very small in my pics but I nearly always go back for more.
    That said, occasionally, I see a plate pictured here and think that it would feed Mrs Beer and me!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Homemade bean burger with sweet potato fries. Easy and delicious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had home made burgers and chips tonight too :)

IMG-7853.jpg

Last night we had savoury pork and beef meatballs, with spaghetti tossed with olive oil, garlic, parmesan and black pepper and a couple of fresh chopped tomatoes. The meatballs were so nice I wanted their flavours to come through and not be drowned by a rich tomato sauce. It worked and was really good, even the baby tucked in (although he did throw out the tomatoes :D).

Tonight we had home made pizza rolls. Again, a smash with the baby, and he didn't even know he was eating veggies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Had a big pot of ragu on to get ahead batch making lasagne tomorrow, had some of it with pasta for dinner. Had an even bigger pot on the go for chicken soup!

509612.jpg

509614.jpg

For tonight I have pre-prepared a meatloaf with a tangy glaze, to go with roast baby potatoes and steamed broccoli.

We had bacon and cabbage with roast potatoes and some leftover roasted veg from the other night.

IMG-7854.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Rainbow tout with white beans, pancetta, sun dried tomatoes, parsley.

IMG-20200415-202527.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

For chan man who was complaining about portion size! I often photograph my wife's plate it's usually better presented and not over flowing! I had seconds of potato salad and roast broccoli too. Daughter did rob one of my chips though! :( Chicken cooked on the charcoal bbq was really good.

509714.jpg

Advertisement