Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Where is your criticism of Italy, France, Spain China and Iran.
    They have more dead and with the exception of China have much smaller populations. New York alone has almost double the population of Ireland.

Is it because Trump? Trump is bad. Orange

Talking about orange, did ye see the state of Leo the other night. Looked just as orange as Trump with the white around the eyes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Guess what, you can't catch cancer if the person with cancer sneezes at you.
    I expected such comments of cours cancer is not contagious but im just saying that covid is not as deadly as some other illnesses are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Blaze420 wrote: »
    I’m not going to criticise countries who knew what this was and did their best. Trump on the other hand downplayed this, even promised to reopen the country in a few weeks because “Murica is open for business”. He’s a retard, his followers are retards and I feel sorry for the swathes of people who will die because this ****ing imbecile is running their country

Has he done anything to counteract the virus spread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah maybe, after a few hundred thousand of your citizens are dead. That’s the price of putting a vacuous braindead orange retard in charge of your country though so reap what you sow.

The US handles as much air travel as the rest of the world combined. So it doesn't matter who the president is, this would hit them just as bad.

I'm fairly sure a liberal Democrat president would not have grounded flights from Europe for example.

And as others have said we in Europe are the last ones who should be throwing stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

statesaver wrote: »
    Talking about orange, did ye see the state of Leo the other night. Looked just as orange as Trump with the white around the eyes as well.

irrellevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The similarities end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Un1corn wrote: »
    I think we in the west should pay much closer attention to China. We are too complacent with them.

Oh don't worry China have a day of reckoning coming. The world is not going to forget about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ce he sin

Lavinia wrote: »
    however this sound when I compare numbers of deaths from corona so far in the world (30k) and for example that over 3 million people worldwide died from cancer since the beginning of the year - this kind of calms me down.. not that it makes the tragedy any lesser..

Sadly, one of these numbers is rising exponentially. We're only at the start yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

irrellevant

Relax ffs :rolleyes:

It's true though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If people wish to flout the new restrictions announced on Friday that is up to them. They cannot complain at the consequences, be that direct action from the authorities, exposure in Social Media (not here) or being shunned by locals, friends, family etc. If they post about it here, or encourage others to flout the rules, trying to appear macho, or thinking they are above the rules or simply being a smart arse, posting privileges will be removed

Any questions, PM me. Do not respond to this post in-thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Northern Ireland has clamped down and they are pretty much alligned with our own lockdown now. Thats a good thing because the Brexit mess has shown us that 50,000 people cross the border every day for work

What! Ireland didn't know that 50,000 cross the border every day for work?

Thanks to Brexit Ireland is on a steep learning curve.

Thank you Brexit for educating the people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Didn't he manage Chelsea? Did well enough.

No he's the prime minister of Italy. The European epicenter of the virus. 10,000 dead and 90000 infections.
    Trump though. He's the only one we like to criticize. Because he is orange and says words

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Please stop with all the China crap, we're basing our national response on their statistics and studies.

Blame the caretaker government and HSE, they chose to use WHO, ECDC guidelines based on above statistics and studies as a cover for their decisions or lack thereof.

Expound your geopolitical bias in the appropriate fora.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Relax ffs :rolleyes:

It's true though.

janey. I typed 1 word. I think your idea of excited might be out of kilter. still irrellevant

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Un1corn wrote: »
    This is also true and I am starting to question whether it is ethical for us to continue trading with a regime that has currently got 1 million Muslims in concentration camps. We should seriously consider decoupling.

Yeah, the west trades with Saudi too. Ethics rarely enter the decision making when it comes to trade.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/revealed-1bn-of-taxpayers-cash-to-help-foreign-countries-buy-british-arms

But I fully agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

bekker wrote: »
    Please stop with all the China crap, we're basing our national response on their statistics and studies.

Blame the caretaker government and HSE, they chose to use WHO, ECDC guidelines based on above statistics and studies as a cover for their decisions or lack thereof.

Expound your geopolitical bias in the appropriate fora.

For what it's worth I think Ireland is handling this well. But the origins of this virus are very relevant.

Florida reports 840 new cases and 10 new deaths, highest so far.

That's among the most vulnerable states in the US due to a preponderance of retirees. Also Mar-a-Lago.

Florida tried to ban flights from New York. Not sure they succeeded. As with us you can't fight covid19 without banning flights from red zone areas.

You had idiots in Ireland saying there was no point banning flights from red zones and once we imported dozens of case, they were then saying ah well its here now in large numbers, nothing can be done.

The community transmission cases all originated from the imported cases and will do long into the future. You just have to look at the number of travel related clusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

elperello wrote: »
    If I needed a ventilator I wouldn't be worrying about the ego of the donor or his twitter hits.

If you need a ventilator made by Tesla at the moment, you would be out of luck as they haven't made any. Same for the vaunted 'Dyson' (not really Dyson) ventilator. If there were actually as many ventilators being made and delivered, as there are tweets and headlines about them, that would indeed be useful.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, the west trades with Saudi too. Ethics rarely enter the decision making when it comes to trade.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/revealed-1bn-of-taxpayers-cash-to-help-foreign-countries-buy-british-arms

I know. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/USNavy/status/1244027034600423424

The people of New York must be very excited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Oh don't worry China have a day of reckoning coming. The world is not going to forget about this.

You make it sound like you are planning something personally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

This virus is spreading so fast with over 660,000 people infected. Can this be on par with the Spanish flu?

niallo27 wrote: »
    You make it sound like you are planning something personally.
    :D He is probably right though.

cnocbui wrote: »
    If you need a ventilator made by Tesla at the moment, you would be out of luck as they haven't made any. Same for the vaunted 'Dyson' (not really Dyson) ventilator. If there were actually as many ventilators being made and delivered, as there are tweets and headlines about them, that would indeed be useful.

FFS you aren't seriously comparing Dyson with Musk companies??

One makes vacuam cleaners. The other is trying to put a man on Mars and built the biggest Rocket since Saturn 5 while also delivering over a million electric cars.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    No he's the prime minister of Italy. The European epicenter of the virus. 10,000 dead and 90000 infections.
    Trump though. He's the only one we like to criticize. Because he is orange and says words

In fairness to the Italian pm he hasn't been tweeting that its just a hoax, it's just like the flu, and using it for his personal gain etc and his fanboys lapping it up all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

This virus is spreading so fast with over 660,000 people infected. Can this be on par with the Spanish flu?

flu v pneumonia, not similar

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thsts some name.

The Spanish princess Im assuming not the Cuban one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

New York reports 277 new deaths so far today. Highest total so far. 140 yesterday.

7,054 new cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Bondi beach in Sydney closed last week. Before the closure, there was a beach party or large crowds gathered on Bondi beach despite social distancing guidelines that were implemented there. I was reading an article earlier of people who were at the crowded beach are now showing signs of the coronavirus.

Just goes to show the importance of social distancing even outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

https://twitter.com/USNavy/status/1244027034600423424

The people of New York must be very excited

12 operating beds? How many ICU? is this just propaganda. I think our boat on the Liffey probably has 12 beds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement